• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't understand your maths here....

The way I look at it is that after 21 games:
Corr has made 12 starts and 6 substitute appearances and scored 7 goals in the league.
Sturrock has made 15 starts and 3 substitute appearances and scored 4 goals in the league.

If we extrapolate this over a whole season Corr would end up with 15 goals and Sturrock would end with 9 - a total of 24 between them. I don't think this is too bad of a return, and with fewer injuries in the second half of the season I would expect their goal totals to be higher than that.

Everyone wants to see 2 strikers banging in the goals but you need one hard working player putting himself about upfront too...if they are also a goalscorer they wouldnt be in league 2

They have made 27 starts between them and scored 11 goals between them. If both were to play every game in a 46 game season and score at that rate they'd play 92 games between them and score 37 goals between them.

Or if like Brett Angell and Ian Benjamin they'd played 83 league games between them in a season, Corr and Sturrock would score 33 goals. When Angell and Benjamin played 83 league games in a season they scored only 28 goals.

The issue hasn't been the 27 games they've played during which they've scored 11 goals, it's been the 15 apperances they haven't made during which our forwards have scored just 2 (Midson at Cheltenham).

You both make me laugh. If Spencer and Paterson and even Crawford had had the identical amount of pitch time as Blair has had do you really think none of them would have scored more than 3 or 4 goals? Sorry, but Corr has done the business, Blair hasn't, you cannot possibly blame the players who aren't getting on the pitch for lack of goals. - but for some reason you do?

Our lack of goals is because Blair doesn't score any, our wingers Hall and Soares contribute nothing and our midfield, Grant aside have given us zero, that with the fact that PS's poor striker acquisitions in the loan market - Jarvis, Fairhurst, German and Midson also contributed next to nothing.

So we need another striker, yes I do think another striker because Blair isn't one, at least two good midfielders and a proper winger. That coupled with another CB should keep us going to the end of the season.

Having said that, one of the midfielders could be Blair - I believe he could do a job there.

Why do YB and ESB 'make you laugh'? They are talking perfect sense. Paterson has had 7 sub appearances in the league and Crawford has had 6, according to the OS. As we know, P Sturrock tends to give subs a decent amount of time to make an impact, unlike Tilson. In all those appearances they have scored...........no goals at all. And they haven't really looked much like scoring to be perfectly honest. The only one where you may have a case is Spencer who has only had one sub appearance. However, having seen him play quite a few times last season, I still think that the answer to your question above (highlighted) is 'yes'.

I don't understand your maths here....

The way I look at it is that after 21 games:
Corr has made 12 starts and 6 substitute appearances and scored 7 goals in the league.
Sturrock has made 15 starts and 3 substitute appearances and scored 4 goals in the league.

If we extrapolate this over a whole season Corr would end up with 15 goals and Sturrock would end with 9 - a total of 24 between them. I don't think this is too bad of a return, and with fewer injuries in the second half of the season I would expect their goal totals to be higher than that.

Everyone wants to see 2 strikers banging in the goals but you need one hard working player putting himself about upfront too...if they are also a goalscorer they wouldnt be in league 2

Agreed. Why does everyone focus on the striker that scores less, ignoring every other position, and failing to see the big picture? Peter Beardsley only scored 9 goals in 59 appearances for England. Was he a poor international striker? And before anyone pitches in with the obvious comment, I'm not saying that BS is as good as Beardsley, simply that there is a bigger picture than goal stats.

How about taking a punt on Sean Marks (Braintree 16 goals) or Adam Birchall (Dover 18 goals)??

Back