• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

You cant down double your wages no matter who it is ,least he know would get paid regularly
Will he double his wages though at a club bottom of L2? We know ourselves that wages in the NL are often higher than L2

Not really down to KM is it.
If Ron gets a wiff of cash being mentioned, everyone is available!
Not so sure, all of our players are chump change in comparison to the bridging loan hes taking.

Rons many failings and wrong doings aside, i think he would still like to sell up with us back in the league, and a new stadium.

Not so sure, all of our players are chump change in comparison to the bridging loan hes taking.

Rons many failings and wrong doings aside, i think he would still like to sell up with us back in the league, and a new stadium.
Not least as the club would be worth more to any buyer

Will he double his wages though at a club bottom of L2? We know ourselves that wages in the NL are often higher than L2
They are desperate to stay up they have just been taken over by a rich american businessman and I’ve seen the message to my mates daughter from the player himself
don’t want to go but if a better offer comes along he will go

Bridge has another year to go on his contract and I get the impression we as Zoners have tended to underestimate the value of our players when sold on
Cant imagine in the current climate Ron not holding the bag wide open for $80,000 to $100,000 to be tipped in?

Bridge has another year to go on his contract and I get the impression we as Zoners have tended to underestimate the value of our players when sold on
Cant imagine in the current climate Ron not holding the bag wide open for $80,000 to $100,000 to be tipped in?
Barry, has Jack Bridge actually got another year on his contract? I thought he signed a two-year deal when Phil Brown signed him.

Does he? I could have sworn he was out of contract at the end of the season?

I hear the bridging loan is closer than Bridge leaving.

I honestly believe that Ron, despite the temptation to grab some cash from the Gills new owners, will not risk the wrath of the best management team we have had for some time.

What about Bridges thoughts? If another club is waving a big bag of dosh at him, might he want to go and play at a higher level?

I hear the bridging loan is closer than Bridge leaving.

I honestly believe that Ron, despite the temptation to grab some cash from the Gills new owners, will not risk the wrath of the best management team we have had for some time.
I think the management team are aware that any of our players will be sold if the price is right. Pretty much every management team everywhere is. They’ll be frustrated I’m sure, but totally nonplussed if they aren’t allowed to check the whiteboard and sign the next name on the left wing due to an embargo.

Anyway - I’d be thinking less than £150k won’t be entertained tbh.

I remember how happy Bridge said he was to be back playing at Southend , he came through the academy here remember ,said he loves this club and been his dream to play for it since he was a youngun, I dont think RM will let him go for anything less than 150k , he has to be form wise one of if not the best lwb in the VNL, im sure if Kev and co get any say in the matter ,it will be somewhere around that target also. good thing is we have a ready made ( almost ) replacemrent at LWB , Same can be said for Hobson,we have ready made replacements ,so the side wont be disrupted too much, in fact when you look at the players we do have replacements for most .

Would be a real shame if Jack went, the majority of our attacks come from the left side and he is certainly a contender for POS. The big worry is that unlike most other positions in the squad there is plenty of cover but nobody possesses the tricks and ability of beating a defender that Jack has. IMO it would be a huge loss if he is no longer at the club unless of course the recruitment team have their eye on a similar type of player.

Would be a real shame if Jack went, the majority of our attacks come from the left side and he is certainly a contender for POS. The big worry is that unlike most other positions in the squad there is plenty of cover but nobody possesses the tricks and ability of beating a defender that Jack has. IMO it would be a huge loss if he is no longer at the club unless of course the recruitment team have their eye on a similar type of player.
Jermaine Francis who is now at hashtag utd deserves a chance at league football and would be a great replacement, he must be on John stills list of local talented players that could be worth a go.

Love Bridgey and don’t see him going. He loves this club and wants to pull the shirt on desperately. He’s currently playing for a manager who can get the very best out of him and values him enormously as a player. Maybe no coincidence that his best ever form has been at Chelmsford and Southend, where he’s been very close to home.

If we were to risk losing Jack, I would hope we could hold onto him for this season to give us a full tilt at the play offs, if we finish 7th or higher. Who knows, if we came through them, being back in the League, we might be able to hold onto him?

We might face more of a challenge to keep him in the close season, but at least we would have held onto him for this season and be in a better chance of getting a replacement in than we are now also?

Back