• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

Bridge has another year to go on his contract and I get the impression we as Zoners have tended to underestimate the value of our players when sold on
Cant imagine in the current climate Ron not holding the bag wide open for $80,000 to $100,000 to be tipped in?
I have lost touch with current exchange rates.

How much is that in pounds, shillings & pence?

Or perhaps Ron want dollars (U.S., Canadian, Australian etcetera)? Is there some other development we don't know about? Is he planning to emigrate perhaps?

Hash tag: Intriguing

• Haha
Reactions: JD
Love Bridgey and don’t see him going. He loves this club and wants to pull the shirt on desperately. He’s currently playing for a manager who can get the very best out of him and values him enormously as a player. Maybe no coincidence that his best ever form has been at Chelmsford and Southend, where he’s been very close to home.
Kent exile here. Talked to someone yesterday who appears to be ITK at Gillingham and he’s been told Bridge will be joining this week along with two other players!

What about Bridges thoughts? If another club is waving a big bag of dosh at him, might he want to go and play at a higher level?
Totally understandable for a player to better himself financially, if offered a bigger salary. But, no guarantee Gillingham will still be playing league football next season, & he would still be in this division, albeit on a higher wage than he currently earns?.

Totally understandable for a player to better himself financially, if offered a bigger salary. But, no guarantee Gillingham will still be playing league football next season, & he would still be in this division, albeit on a higher wage than he currently earns?.
But football doesn’t come with any guarantees that’s why he’s likely to take the money and run imho and to be honest who can blame him. After all loyalty doesn’t pay the bills!

Kent exile here. Talked to someone yesterday who appears to be ITK at Gillingham and he’s been told Bridge will be joining this week along with two other players!
If the offer is half decent we have to accept especially, if, as we are led to believe, some employees are still owed wages
The hope must be that Mooney soon returns and is injury niggle free and quickly regains his confidence.
Losing JB is hardly ideal but need not be fatal.

If anyone leaves it will be at the correct price for us, the manager, fans etc can't complain as this was the new plan going forward, to follow the Brentford plan, find players and then sell them for a profit.

I agree you can't begrudge selling for the right price. Although the Brentford model had no transfer embargoes though so we don't really have a model in place. The reality is we won't really be able to follow any strategy under current ownership.

The great thing about being in such deep financial doo doo means that 50k split payment won't even touch the side and has no incentive to sell. £100k lumper though different matter!

It's refreshing to have our players looked and and bought, been almost 5 years of people avoiding anything of ours that wasn't a youth player. We seem to have found a knack of picking up good players recently so losing one or two doesn't phase me as I believe the structure is there to replace adequately.

didn’t Harris say over the weekend that they are looking at the spine on their team and not looking at wingers. Would suggest they are possibly looking at someone like miley or Hobson rather than bridge

Love Bridgey and don’t see him going. He loves this club and wants to pull the shirt on desperately. He’s currently playing for a manager who can get the very best out of him and values him enormously as a player. Maybe no coincidence that his best ever form has been at Chelmsford and Southend, where he’s been very close to home.
Haven’t both spells been under Maher?

Makes me laugh how you lot choose to ignore the statements put out by kev and Ron that NO players will leave this Transfer window.
It may have escape your attention but we are in a play off position so why would we sale when we have a chance of promotion and the financial rewards that would bring to the club.
It makes me laugh when people take such statements at face value.

It is good practice to ignore whatever comments a manager/chairman make about not wanting to sell.

Saying you don’t want to sell is standard negotiating price for a seller to try and drive the price up and extract full value.

Even if the club wanted to cash in this is going to be the line so it has zero predictive value.

If the offer is half decent we have to accept especially, if, as we are led to believe, some employees are still owed wages
The hope must be that Mooney soon returns and is injury niggle free and quickly regains his confidence.
Losing JB is hardly ideal but need not be fatal.

I don't actually think that's a factor; it is a cashflow issue re the wages and - as I have said before - if we needed the money then there would have been a fire sale of the squad by now.

We seem to currently be in a position where we can sell players because we want to rather than because we have to.

We plucked him out of lower leauge football he is happy and settled in our team .Why would he go to a club we might be playing next season .If we dont go up and they come coen .

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't actually think that's a factor; it is a cashflow issue re the wages and - as I have said before - if we needed the money then there would have been a fire sale of the squad by now.

We seem to currently be in a position where we can sell players because we want to rather than because we h

We seem to currently be in a position where we can sell players because we want to rather than because we have to.
But untill we know better it seems the bridgeing loan is now in place .And the club isnt going to tell the likes of the fans .Untill they want the fans to know .

I will be glad to see the end of jan so the window has closed and. All these stupid rumours can be brought to an end .Money might be tight but why sell your best players when i thought grtting into the playoffs was a bare minimum of the club . Ans if the bridging loan has arrived HRMS will be payed and maybe any wages owed 0Only time will tell .

Makes me laugh how you lot choose to ignore the statements put out by kev and Ron that NO players will leave this Transfer window.
It may have escape your attention but we are in a play off position so why would we sale when we have a chance of promotion and the financial rewards that would bring to the club.
We may not have a choice to

We plucked him out of lower leauge football he is happy and settled in our team .Why would he go to a club we might be playing next season .If we dont go up and they come coen .
Because he’s could get a bumper deal from Gillingham. Which outweighs what we pay him.

We plucked him from Bromley, a team very much in the same league and division as ourselves.

I will be glad to see the end of jan so the window has closed and. All these stupid rumours can be brought to an end .Money might be tight but why sell your best players when i thought grtting into the playoffs was a bare minimum of the club . Ans if the bridging loan has arrived HRMS will be payed and maybe any wages owed 0Only time will tell .
Bad news: although PL and EFL clubs are subject to transfer windows, those in the National League are not and the speculation can continue until the end of March.

Back