• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JCR To Barnsley!?!?

BARNETBLUE

First XI
Their message board strongly claiming he is to sign for them tomorrow for £350k

Lets stop to think about this carefully, assuming its true.Initial reaction, slightly disappointing given that we have started to see some of the promise the lad does have.We always know he works hard for the team and does give the team real pace.Second reaction, a good bit of business, given what we paid Rotherham and will hopefully benefit the club in a wider sense.Also we now have Black who I feel is likely to score more goals and be a more consistent deliverer of a final ball; always JCR's weekness.I have grown to like him a bit more lately tho' I genuinely feel he is THE most frustrating player I have ever seen for us!...On balance a good move if that fee is accurate...Your thoughts?

IF true, disappointing, Black will have to prove he can step up if but he's showing signs.

Hopefully its not true.

As long as we get another midfielder/striker with JCR style pace, then it would be a good transfer.

If not, then we'll struggle with our lack of pace, Gilbert-o and Francis and maybe Hunt would be the only ones with decent pace and they all play in the same position

I hope they're wrong.

Like you say, probably one of the most frustrating players I've seen at RH, other than perhaps Derrick Parker. I think Black is a better all-round player, but JCR has the one thing that worries every player. PACE! That said Black & Gilbert on the same side would be a very partnership.

There is also the option of putting the right footed Gower on the correct wing , where he can go past players & cross the ball without cutting back inside. We all know he's going to do it!

£350K is a good return on £100K in a year & a bit. Maybe we could do a swap for Nardiello or the Hungarian Striker (the decent one,) who could keep Zoltan company!

I hope JCR stays.

I'd be very dissapointed with that. I totaly disagree with anybody who says £350,000 is good business for JCR.
When you consider players like Paynter and Foran cost £250k+, JCR is a snip at £350,000. The only good business there would be on Barnsleys part not ours.

JCR would IMO terrify defences in league 1. We need to keep hold of our good players not sell them. You cant expect to sell your best players and just go out and replace them with equal or better. Selling Eastwood has proved that.

Last edited:
Their message board strongly claiming he is to sign for them tomorrow for £350k

Lets stop to think about this carefully, assuming its true.Initial reaction, slightly disappointing given that we have started to see some of the promise the lad does have.We always know he works hard for the team and does give the team real pace.Second reaction, a good bit of business, given what we paid Rotherham and will hopefully benefit the club in a wider sense.Also we now have Black who I feel is likely to score more goals and be a more consistent deliverer of a final ball; always JCR's weekness.I have grown to like him a bit more lately tho' I genuinely feel he is THE most frustrating player I have ever seen for us!...On balance a good move if that fee is accurate...Your thoughts?

What message board is this on? I've had a look at 5 different Barnsley message boards and cant find anything?

Last edited:
IF true, disappointing, Black will have to prove he can step up if but he's showing signs.

Hopefully its not true.

If true, then Bailey not Black would have to be the man to step up. What the team would have to replace would be JCR's work-rate.

He hates it up north,his main reason for joining us from Rotherham was to come back south. I very much doubt this...

Bailey is mainly a central mid, Black a winger. I think Black would be first choice to step in should there be a hole there.

Pettefer and Bentley were central-midfielders who were played on the wing. Its all well and good having two flair wingers, but unless you win the ball they don't offer much to the team.

Pettefer and Bentley were central-midfielders who were played on the wing. Its all well and good having two flair wingers, but unless you win the ball they don't offer much to the team.
The game is both attacking and defending. Going by what you say, Gower would have been released a long time ago.

On Footy Mad/Tykes Mad

What message board is this on? I've had a look at 5 different Barnsley message boards and cant find anything?

I read it on here.They were confusing Cambell Ryce with DJ Campbell until one of them corrected the error by explaining of course that DJ Campbell had already signed for Leicester. They quoted another player called Muller and said they had received a call saying both will appear in their new seasons squad photo tomorrow.On balance the later reply citing JCR's apparent dislike for the North may have some vaidity?...Or maybe he like any other professional can make an easy distinction between what RUFC/SUFC can pay in wages versus the Tykes!

The game is both attacking and defending. Going by what you say, Gower would have been released a long time ago.

No, what I said is that this team can't afford to have two flair players on the wing. Gower has been a key part of two promotion winning sides when balanced by a hardworking, more defensive-minded wide player on the opposite flank.

No, what I said is that this team can't afford to have two flair players on the wing. Gower has been a key part of two promotion winning sides when balanced by a hardworking, more defensive-minded wide player on the opposite flank.
Fair enough. I disagree though, the better teams normally have attacking wingers though to my memory.

Now Freddy has gone JCR is the only player who looks like he's going to do something special when he's got the ball at his feet and running at defenders.That type of entertainment will get bums on seats and although I would like to see Black in the side somewhere he hasn't got JCR appeal of unexpectabilty that will draw the punters in. We will look a very ordinary and unfrighting side without him....IMHO

Back