• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JCR To Barnsley!?!?

i very much doubt that tilly will let anyone else leave now until January and even then i dont see him letting many go

JCR would IMO terrify defences in league 1. We need to keep hold of our good players not sell them. You cant expect to sell your best players and just go out and replace them with equal or better. Selling Eastwood has proved that.

I'm not saying that MacDonald is going to replace Eastwood by any stretch but there's no proof that we haven't adequately replaced Eastwood. Who knows, MacDonald might score a hattrick against Orient (if he starts)...

Close,he overtook me in the fast lane and as soon as I recognised the plate I thought he should be getting over and indicating which he did at the last moment.

hopefully a sign of his play this season... crossing over at just the right moment

Bad buisness on our part, we need him I think if we are to push for championship. When he joined it was mentioned he could play up front, if times get desperate and no one is finding the net then we should try him there!

Bad buisness on our part, we need him I think if we are to push for championship. When he joined it was mentioned he could play up front, if times get desperate and no one is finding the net then we should try him there!

the guy has scored 4 goals in 7 seasons...!!

the guy has scored 4 goals in 7 seasons...!!

And two in the same game......!

Improved final delivery and he would be a great little player. It would give the centre forwards more of a clue as to where to expect the cross. He can do it.....I know it was a corner so slightly different but it was a decent one for Lipstick to score against Arnhem.

Mark Gower aside I challenge anyone to name a better winger we have had in the past 10 years. Why on earth would anyone want to sell him?

Mark Gower aside I challenge anyone to name a better winger we have had in the past 10 years. Why on earth would anyone want to sell him?

'2nd best Southend winger of the past ten years' is hardly a fantastic sporting acolade though considering the cr@p we've had to put up.

I'd say it was tight between him and Benno anyway.

We should sell players...

a) if the right price came along
b) if the player (whoever it may be) was unhappy at the club

JCR is certainly good enough, just a shame hes not more consstent with his end product. Should perhaps have scored a few more goals in his time though.

Given a choice, I would keep him barring the reasons above. I am sure if he had a more consistent end product and a few more goals in him then he would be a fantastic player. But then he would have left by now I would have thought.

I am hoping for some well roasted left and right back defenders in the new season.....alas I wont see a recently well done defender on Sat as I am off to the Oval to get slaughtered.......

Back