• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JCR To Barnsley!?!?

JCR is one of the most frustrating players I have seen at the hall, He looks like he could be so good yet fails to deliver in terms of assists and goals, which IMO is an important part of being a winger, I personally would take 350k for a winger who does not score or set up any goals, lets not forget the club is still in a lot of debt and figures like this cannot be sniffed at.

Now Freddy has gone JCR is the only player who looks like he's going to do something special when he's got the ball at his feet and running at defenders.That type of entertainment will get bums on seats and although I would like to see Black in the side somewhere he hasn't got JCR appeal of unexpectabilty that will draw the punters in. We will look a very ordinary and unfrighting side without him....IMHO

I expect him to go forward, then backwards to where he came from!

I would be very narked off if we let JCR go for £350k, he has looked good in pre-season & will terrorise most defences with his forward runs.

His end product definitely needs working on but considering he is only 24 plus last year was about the first season of his career that he has been consistently playing games.

IMO he is improving all the time & will be a real asset to the club.

Don't see the point in getting in all these new players in midfield to add depth to the squad only to let our better ones go....

JCR doesn't want to be here, as I've been saying for a few weeks, and I saw something online yesterday from the Barnsley manager saying that he expected to have his top two transfer targets in his squad for saturday so this does make sense. That said, as frustrating as JCR is, losing him would be a blow. He has the potential to wreak absolute carnage in this division.

This rumour was going about a couple of weeks ago and seems to have reared its ugly head again. Personally, i feel it would be a shame if he went but not the end of the world. The only thing we'd miss are his keeness to track back and retrieve the ball. Lets face it, despite the effort the end product is usually lacking with JCR. £350k seems like a reasonable price considerring we stole him for best part of f*** all.

On the other hand, would JCR want to go to Barnsley (who must be one of the favourites to Join Col Ewe in the relagation places next season) after his experiences just down the road in Rotherham? I think not actually!

I wondered when the JCR issue would return...
We'll be weaker if we sell without replacing, but I'm not too worried in the short term as we have Black who has been looking quite good.

If he was to go it would make you wonder what an Uncle Ron statement of "hes going nowhere really meant". :confused:

I believe he will be good this season, however, I also see a Black and Gilbert combo working aswell. I am not sure that a JCR and Gilbert combo would work so well because they both want to do the same thing with the ball and could end up tripping over each other. But then Gilbert, for the mo is only here for 6 months.

If JCR was to be more consistent with his end product he would be worth a lot more than £350K. Too often they fall into a few categories...

1. It sails off for a goal kick.
2. He gets so excited that he runs out of pitch.
3. He tries to beat too many players, loses the ball and then has to run all the back again to get it.
4. Its a great cross but as nobody was expecting it, none of our forwards are racing into the penalty area cos they arent sure where the ball is going to end up.

Having said that, you cant fault his effort, his running with the ball, taking on defenders and his chasing back. Its just that little bit of composure ready for that telling cross which is missing.

Should JCR go then Black would do a good job if he can stay injury free.

Lets stop and think about what a good idea it'd be to let one of our best players go just before the start of the season?

Yeah, great idea :thump:

but what if he really wants to leave!?:eek:

So far this pre season we've had Gower leaving ('good luck to him'), Barrett leaving('he can go anyone but Col U') and JCR leaving ('it'd be good to see him play at a higher level')

Wouldnt it be nice to, you know, keep our players?

"If he was to go it would make you wonder what an Uncle Ron statement of "hes going nowhere really meant". :confused:

Isn't that the same statement he used about Freddy 3 weeks before he left...

I think it means "He's going nowhere unless you come in with a bid that's meet our current market valuation of him...."

Ron is a business man after all.

So far this pre season we've had Gower leaving ('good luck to him'), Barrett leaving('he can go anyone but Col U') and JCR leaving ('it'd be good to see him play at a higher level')

Wouldnt it be nice to, you know, keep our players?

i completely agree... but on that note we could have kept freddy cos he was still in contract. but we didn't because for sure he would have left after a season and he would have been really really miffed and not played well

i want to keep JCR, but what if he wants to leave?? maybe taking 200k or whatever for him instead of him being rubbish and then going on a free.

keep him unless he is unhappy, and then make sure we get a good price for him

"If he was to go it would make you wonder what an Uncle Ron statement of "hes going nowhere really meant". :confused:

Isn't that the same statement he used about Freddy 3 weeks before he left...

I think it means "He's going nowhere unless you come in with a bid that's meet our current market valuation of him...."

Ron is a business man after all.

i think it means... "right now he is going nowhere"... but maybe in 5mins he might be.

Hope he doesnt go, he has shown he is one of our best players in spells and has demonstrated that he has the ability to improve.

With lesser defences to run at this season and strikers who wont hang around the edge of the penalty area he should h ave more success when crossing.

Personally think Black has done enough to warrant a start though and cant see JCR being happy on the bench.

However I wouldnt be overly happy with just Black. Sure Bailey could play there but Id want two true wide men in the team.Im not an advocate of a defensive player on the flank.

Yes we used to have Bentley and Petts play there but their positioning was always suspect, they constantly drifted inwards and our shape was awful at times. Hunt or Jupp used to receive the ball and have 80 yards ahead of them without a player to pass too.

Hope he doesnt go, he has shown he is one of our best players in spells and has demonstrated that he has the ability to improve.

With lesser defences to run at this season and strikers who wont hang around the edge of the penalty area he should h ave more success when crossing.

Personally think Black has done enough to warrant a start though and cant see JCR being happy on the bench.

However I wouldnt be overly happy with just Black. Sure Bailey could play there but Id want two true wide men in the team.Im not an advocate of a defensive player on the flank.

Yes we used to have Bentley and Petts play there but their positioning was always suspect, they constantly drifted inwards and our shape was awful at times. Hunt or Jupp used to receive the ball and have 80 yards ahead of them without a player to pass too.

i would argue that jcr is more defensive than black.. judging from what ive seen this pre-season. yes he can sit back and play the ball around well and might not hug the touchline all game.. but then he has scored some excellent goals and been our most attacking player at times

Back