• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Jean-Yves Mvoto signs! OR NOT !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to tell from the note on the OS whether the Club are ****ed off with the Echo or not. In the past though when they have been upset about a story that the Echo have published they've made it very clear how angry they were.

That is my point Beefy. Which is why my view is one of the possibilty of a last minute hitch as oppposed to the Echo screwing up.

Last edited:
I think the Echo need to learn their lesson, is to wait for Tilly call, that the transfer is completed before they can start reporting it in the paper.

He didn't play last night

Durham City – Grievson (Howarth, 87), Laws, Capper, Brown (K.Dixon,56), Carr, Wilkinson, Smith (Bell,86), Elliott (Newby,77), Brayson (Walton,65), Benjamin (Bonar,56), English.
Sunderland – Misiewicz, Reed, Hourihane (Adams,70), Chandler, Kay, Laing, Cook, Noble, O’Donovan (Fletcher,70), Dowson (Tounkara), Wood (O’Mahoney,70).

It's hard to tell from the note on the OS whether the Club are ****ed off with the Echo or not. In the past though when they have been upset about a story that the Echo have published they've made it very clear how angry they were.

An incredibly arsey little article I thought.

He didn't play last night

Durham City – Grievson (Howarth, 87), Laws, Capper, Brown (K.Dixon,56), Carr, Wilkinson, Smith (Bell,86), Elliott (Newby,77), Brayson (Walton,65), Benjamin (Bonar,56), English.
Sunderland – Misiewicz, Reed, Hourihane (Adams,70), Chandler, Kay, Laing, Cook, Noble, O’Donovan (Fletcher,70), Dowson (Tounkara), Wood (O’Mahoney,70).

they make less subs than we do!

I suspect -

1) Chris Phillips had the interview with Tilly BEFORE he went away on the basis the deal would be done this week, and

2) Someone at the Echo ran the story in error too early.

Interesting there is nothing about it AT ALL in todays Echo, which simply runs the same Francis story that was on the site yesterday plus Barnards thoughts on Saturdays game.

I can't be bothered to read through all the posts , so i take it we are not signing this lad then ?? Or is it still in the pipeline ??

I can't be bothered to read through all the posts , so i take it we are not signing this lad then ?? Or is it still in the pipeline ??

still in the pipeline, last thing official from the OS was that we were still in discussions yesterday

Quite plausible - though that doesn't explain why the club were so cross about it.

Because IF it was a last minute hitch after the echo had been given the go ahead to print and deadlines had passed (hypothetically over the percentage of wage we would pay - money seems a common complaint at the moment), then the club have done the groundwork for blaming someone else if it goes belly up.

Key point there is IF. I appreciate this is just as much a stab in the dark conjecture as anyone else's theories but, again it does fit the facts as we know them.

At the end of the day the club have cried wolf (no pun intended SUFC W) like this innumerable times before & they are the ones who should have learnt.

They know that anything they tell the Echo, & particularly with Tilly's "it's all done" quotes, will likely get published whether they say it's for delayed publication or not. So, having been caught out before, the answer is simple. The club only tells them what they want in the paper. It's not rocket science.

None of us have any idea if the club asked for a hold on this story & the Tilly quotes suggest to me that they didn't, they themselves shot themselves in the foot & something went wrong after the Echo publication time.

But if they'd have kept the information to themselves until all signed, no problem. Simples!

He was at the club yesterday and apparently he is very, very large! I didn't seek clarification as to where that largeness was.....

No, you really should. You'll come out of it a better person.

I just have and I have never felt such suspense since the ' who shot JR' storyline .

Am i a better person for reading all them posts , i'll let you know tomorrow morning after going out on the beer tonight , if i don't get my usual slap round the face for being a pest with the ladies then i'd say its worked and will owe you a big thank you .

Lets hope so eh .

Been down to Boots & Laces this morning and asked Brushy what was happening with this deal and asked if the Echo had ruined it for us. He said that Mvoto was training with us on Wednesday and that he had actually signed the deal before he started training with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back