• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue_Wes

Simple Minded
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. Seems ex-Southend trialist Joe Yoffe is set to take FIFA to court and challenge the transfer window. He currently ply's his trade in Iceland, where due to the adverse weather they endure, the season (and subsequently many player contracts) ends outside of FIFA's transfer window. As a result, out of contract players cannot sign for any other European clubs until the new window opens, effectively leaving them unemployed for four months. I know many don't like the window anyway, citing restriction of trade, not to mention the farcical inflated transfer fees that get splashed around in desperation. In fact the main benefactors almost seem to be SKY (and Jim White).

I'm not a fan of the window either (although much like a rubbernecker at a car crash, can't keep my eyes off SKY Sports come deadline day), and would welcome it's removal, or at least a change in the current system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24209800

Teams can sign free agents though? I know there is a restriction on how long you have been a free agent for, so that may well be whats causing the problem.

I dont like windows either, but they generate interest so cant see them being removed.

Teams can sign free agents though? I know there is a restriction on how long you have been a free agent for, so that may well be whats causing the problem.

I dont like windows either, but they generate interest so cant see them being removed.

Only if the players contract expired prior to the window closing. If a contract expires after FIFA's registration period (the transfer window), then no team can sign them until the next registration period.

Thats one rule I think is harsh. A player can be released inside the transfer window and he has a few months to sign for another club, which is why several players leave by mutual consent on the final day of the transfer window as they know if they get released afterwards they will have to wait 4 months to sign onto a new club.

Not sure getting rid of the transfer window will solve anything. Just means big clubs with lots of money can buy players just to unsettle their next opponents. Chelsea spent a fortune on Willian and can't see why they need him other than to stop Tottenham having him.

Thats one rule I think is harsh. A player can be released inside the transfer window and he has a few months to sign for another club, which is why several players leave by mutual consent on the final day of the transfer window as they know if they get released afterwards they will have to wait 4 months to sign onto a new club.

Not sure getting rid of the transfer window will solve anything. Just means big clubs with lots of money can buy players just to unsettle their next opponents. Chelsea spent a fortune on Willian and can't see why they need him other than to stop Tottenham having him.

I doubt many clubs have the finances to buy players they dont want just to gain an advantage in one game.

Chelsea may have gazumped Spurs over the Black Eyed Peas front man, but no one bothered bidding for Ozil when it was clear Arsenal were going to and that would have had a far bigger impact on a rival.

I doubt many clubs have the finances to buy players they dont want just to gain an advantage in one game.

Chelsea may have gazumped Spurs over the Black Eyed Peas front man, but no one bothered bidding for Ozil when it was clear Arsenal were going to and that would have had a far bigger impact on a rival.

PSG did.

They don't have to buy them, just bid for them to unsettle the player.

Back