• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benched again. Did we ever find out if the deal will go permanent in Jan?

Normal clubs would steer clear of offering him anymore than 6 months to see if he shapes out HOWEVER at Southend where things go bump in the night would not shock me if he obtained 3 year deal.

Match one ..started.
Match two . Subbed at half time.
Match three . Unused sub.

That says it all.

Give the guy a chance (I know it's against the rules but perhaps just once..).
We knew when he came he was not 100% fit and needs games. He is a good player but needs time. To an extent that means obviously he come to the wrong club. To write someone who is not match for off after two games is absurd.

Is he better than Timlin/Atkinson/Payne/Deegan/Hurst?

Purely on potential ability alone, you could argue he's better than all of those. Would I have him in the team over any of them though? Not a chance.

Never a good sign when a player scores 13 goals from midfield and the fans basically celebrate his departure. That for me says it all. Bad egg.

Give the guy a chance (I know it's against the rules but perhaps just once..).
We knew when he came he was not 100% fit and needs games. He is a good player but needs time. To an extent that means obviously he come to the wrong club. To write someone who is not match for off after two games is absurd.

But you have to seriously question why we signed an unfit player for a position already well covered? I'm not even going to go into his poor reputation in a dressing room at this point. We simply did not need anymore centre midfielders.

When there is only 1 recognised centre forward at the club. The squad is so unbalanced.

That`s OK then :nope:

Got your point through heavy sarcasm , but mine was that whilst many moans on here relate to our lack of goals , any small 'positive' must be a good thing ?
I am totally underwhelmed by JJOT so far , but if we did suddenly get some goals from midfield , it may very well propel us into the top 3.
People talk about our strikers ( quite rightly ) , but I don't see Timlin , Leonard or Atkinson troubling the scorers too much either..................

Got your point through heavy sarcasm , but mine was that whilst many moans on here relate to our lack of goals , any small 'positive' must be a good thing ?
I am totally underwhelmed by JJOT so far , but if we did suddenly get some goals from midfield , it may very well propel us into the top 3.
People talk about our strikers ( quite rightly ) , but I don't see Timlin , Leonard or Atkinson troubling the scorers too much either..................

No I agree with you - I have no idea where we are going to get goals from at present - perhaps all change on Boxing Day :unsure:

I have not seen any sign of him being a decent player so far. In every game is has played he hasn't looked at all interested and I have barely seen him work harder than trotting around.

For a player who scored 13 goals last season I see no attacking threat from him what's so ever. I wouldn't say he looks particularly unfit but more lazy than anything.

Back