• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

O' Toole has been a disgrace since we signed him. His lack of effort on Saturday was not acceptable, and as mentioned by others, why we have signed him when Clifford has done nothing wrong is baffling. I also look at the negative influence Brown seems to have had on young promising Premiership players we have signed on loan. Woodrow mentioned above, started brightly and faded badly. Coulthirst was signed in front of apparently many other clubs, again started brightly but now cant even get any minutes on the pitch, as his confidence, like Woodrow, has been shot to pieces. Top of them all though is Binnon-Williams. His first few games people were even saying he was better than Coker, and he did look a great signing based on those early performances. Look at him now though, cant defend, cant pass, cant tackle, and looks a liability every time he's near the ball.

These are all fair points, but it isn't something that effects all the young players... Bentley and Payne for instance have gone from strength to strength under Brown. Coulthirst in particular is a mystery; earlier in the season he was missing chance after chance after chance... now he doesn't even get near or look like getting near the goal. Binnom-Williams is another example, totally agree with you.

O' Toole has been a disgrace since we signed him. His lack of effort on Saturday was not acceptable, and as mentioned by others, why we have signed him when Clifford has done nothing wrong is baffling. I also look at the negative influence Brown seems to have had on young promising Premiership players we have signed on loan. Woodrow mentioned above, started brightly and faded badly. Coulthirst was signed in front of apparently many other clubs, again started brightly but now cant even get any minutes on the pitch, as his confidence, like Woodrow, has been shot to pieces. Top of them all though is Binnon-Williams. His first few games people were even saying he was better than Coker, and he did look a great signing based on those early performances. Look at him now though, cant defend, cant pass, cant tackle, and looks a liability every time he's near the ball.
Or it could be the reason these oh so promising players have ended up here is because they lack consistency and quality where it matters, you can't polish a ****.

Rather a selective view point.

The likes of Sokolik and Egan played pivotal parts in our season last year and even Murphy played a big part.

Some loans havent had an impact, but thats a chance you take with loanees.

As for Binnon Williams he was always overrated in his first few games, I said at the time he had lots of promise but wasnt as good as Coker. His athleticism flattered to deceive.

But you can roll it in glitter.....

And that is why your party decoration business failed to take off....

The move was to sub Otoole and drop in Deegan to shore things up to avoid them getting back into game. He waits till we are losing before making that move. Incredible.

Especially as Deegan had been warming up for ages, we really thought he was going to come on around the 30 minute mark!

Sometimes it goes to show you have to be grateful for what you have. A lot of people on here were questioning whether it was worth keeping Deegan on the books and now they are asking why he did not play instead of Oh Tool. Personally I think PB has shown little in his ability to build a balanced side and I wonder what the hell he sees that I really cannot grasp. I think he has made momentous errors this season and I do not believe for an instant that either we will go up or even reach the play-offs.

Clifford should start without question for me. Was our best player at the start of the season. Replaced by Deegan and now JJOT? Crazy.

I take your point on Clifford. He did well when he was in the side. I hope he gets his chance over Xmas to remind the boss what he can do again.

I take your point on Clifford. He did well when he was in the side. I hope he gets his chance over Xmas to remind the boss what he can do again.

He started the season promisingly but inconsistency crept back into his game. I think he is one for the future and I would still prefer to play him before JJO.
I think in future PB needs a new approach. He has gone up the leagues for the likes of Bin bag Williams and Shaq Lackattack and they have both been found wanting.
He took Deegan off the scrapheap but at least he has done a bit and earned his salary. Now he brings Oh Tool in despite all the warning signs. PB is not getting the best out of the players he has so I have no idea why he thought he could do better than anyone else with JJO.
I believe we do not exploit the Vanarama and lower enough. There are a number of teams in the non-league that would give the Blues a run for their money. There are players with grit and craft that would be well at home in lg2 and know what is required to get out of this division.
We all love a Britt but the loans from higher league that produce such a return are few and far between.
PB has loaned young players out this year because they are not ready. I would have been happier under the circumstances for him to have introduced them and said we are building for next season. He may as well do that now because he is allowing this season to slip away. Again.

He started the season promisingly but inconsistency crept back into his game. I think he is one for the future and I would still prefer to play him before JJO.

I don't agree, I didn't notice inconsistencies. I'm convinced something went on "backstage" and Clifford was kept on the bench as a consequence. You don't go from being outstanding to barely making the bench without good reason.

Would personally prefer him to either Deegan or O'Toole. I am really struggling to see anything in what we've seen in O'Toole so far to justify bringing him to RH.

I don't agree, I didn't notice inconsistencies. I'm convinced something went on "backstage" and Clifford was kept on the bench as a consequence. You don't go from being outstanding to barely making the bench without good reason.

Would personally prefer him to either Deegan or O'Toole. I am really struggling to see anything in what we've seen in O'Toole so far to justify bringing him to RH.

You may be right its only an opinion but I felt the more he played the more errors started to creep into his game but that may have been due to your theory of behind the scene issues.

O'Toole may have been brought in to take over from Payne, who may well leave sooner rather than later, at the moment O'Toole looks well off the pace and is playing out of his preferred position so any game time is of benefit. On Saturday he didn't venture anywhere near Wycombe's goal, unlike in his debut against Northampton, which suggests he was instructed to stay a little deeper and that is obviously not his style. I have not been overly impressed so far but I'm prepared to give him a bit more time and if Payne does leave, he may well be a decent alternative. As for Clifford, something is going on there as I didn't think he had lost that much form, it may well be that he doesn't offer sufficient balance to the team unless he is 100% on his game. Being a talented individual doesn't always guarantee a place. As long as we are somewhere in the mix after Christmas the run in could be a very good one, players like Hurst may recover form and younger players gain energy from having less early season involvement. One has to hope.

It's like playing with 10 when o'toole plays, we have so many midfielders that in my opinion would start all day long ahead of o'toole, love to know what Mr brown sees in him:'(

O'Toole may have been brought in to take over from Payne, who may well leave sooner rather than later, at the moment O'Toole looks well off the pace and is playing out of his preferred position so any game time is of benefit. On Saturday he didn't venture anywhere near Wycombe's goal, unlike in his debut against Northampton, which suggests he was instructed to stay a little deeper and that is obviously not his style. I have not been overly impressed so far but I'm prepared to give him a bit more time and if Payne does leave, he may well be a decent alternative. As for Clifford, something is going on there as I didn't think he had lost that much form, it may well be that he doesn't offer sufficient balance to the team unless he is 100% on his game. Being a talented individual doesn't always guarantee a place. As long as we are somewhere in the mix after Christmas the run in could be a very good one, players like Hurst may recover form and younger players gain energy from having less early season involvement. One has to hope.

I dont see Payne leaving any time soon, I would be surprised if he even left in the Summer.

I really don't see why we would be bringing someone in to replace a player who has only just broken into the team.

I remember Clifford tweeting an angry face. I believe it was after a game he wasn't in the squad for (but don't hold me to that)

The tweet was quickly deleted but we haven't seen a great deal of him at all since..

I'm just waiting for Clifford to come on in place of JJOT, and play out of his skin, it would be another decision the fans were calling for like Payne and Worrel, why do we need brown when we can see things before him?

I'm just waiting for Clifford to come on in place of JJOT, and play out of his skin, it would be another decision the fans were calling for like Payne and Worrel, why do we need brown when we can see things before him?

Clifford has already been in the team though.

The last game he came on for Leonard and our performance dropped. Cant blame him individually for the whole team peformance but I dont think Phil Brown rates him, or there has been some issue behind the scenes. He has never really held down a first team place though so I lean towards the former.

Im not sure us fans always call it right, Binnon-Williams was touted as far better than Coker after his first game, that didn't prove to be the case...

Look, my view was tongue in cheek, but brown has a habit of making obvious mistakes that most people find truly wrong, to me the biggest one is lack of strikers and loaning most of ours out, you would think he's secretly working for col u?

Having just done a mind meld with Phil, I can reveal he is thinking of bringing in a midfielder for Sokolik

Back