• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i just think as a loan option , there are way better players available . if we could possibly sort out a permanent deal , then great ! but if we are loaning for speed the Robert Hall from Bolton would be my first choice , or even Dylan Tombides from westham

i just think as a loan option , there are way better players available . if we could possibly sort out a permanent deal , then great ! but if we are loaning for speed the Robert Hall from Bolton would be my first choice , or even Dylan Tombides from westham

Robert Hall has been on loan to Birmingham, would he really be a realistic target?

Dylan Tombides has only played one competitive game?

Forte doesnt look like he has a fantastic record, but at least he has experience.

Saw him play against Bradford on boxing day a few years back and he was by far the best player on the pitch that day. I think that was when he was on loan at Doncaster. If he can reproduce that kind of form he will do well for us.

Saints fan at work - As stated he is lightening quick , was good towards teh end of their League one promotion , but needs to be playing and lacks confidence at present , he tries to break teh net everytime he has a one on one and misses chances because of that , if he can calm himself down in front of goal , gets a bit confidence and games then he will do well at this level

Saints fan at work - As stated he is lightening quick , was good towards teh end of their League one promotion , but needs to be playing and lacks confidence at present , he tries to break teh net everytime he has a one on one and misses chances because of that , if he can calm himself down in front of goal , gets a bit confidence and games then he will do well at this level

Sounds like Gavin Tomlin.

Why is it we write people off before they have even kicked a ball. Many criticised the signing of Corr due to his lack of goals, sending offs etc, yet he proved people wrong and now is loved by most of us. Tomlin last season couldnt hit a barn door, didnt have a great record, yet he proved us wrong and we are all gutted he isnt here this season. Asombalonga, didnt have much of a track record, but wed have him back in a flash. We must trust PB, if he thinks Forte can do the job, ive been quite impressed so far with his signings and if he can get Forte in then lets give him the support he requires/deserves.

Thanks for your input on Forte. Just shows how important it is to have a good footballing brain and vision to back up physical and technical skill. Too many players have tunnel vision and dont spot the right pass or movement.

Indeed. We just need to give players a chance.

As per my previous post someone is saying why he'd rather we sign someone from West Ham who has only played one game. Not sure where people make these judgements, sometimes.

Brown has worked with Forte before and obviously likes him so we need to put faith in his judgement. We can always boo him if he is toilet :smile:

Whether he is good enough to play for a Prem team or not shouldn't be the discussion. The fact a little 4th division club could possibly sign him on loan IS good news in my opinion, he has pace and the big donkey centre halves in our league hate that...Bring it on, Another potentialy good signing by Phil Brown

Us boo players....:stunned:...whatever next?
It would seem we have turkey of the month or month's in some cases...when, rather than support a player going through a lack of confidence / tough time..it's easier to get on his back and rip the p*ss out of him.
New agenda for this coming season, support the players and the team.:clap:

We had a really good start to our last most successful season in 2005/2006 with a decent winning/unbeaten streak if I recall. I seem to remember that being ended in October 2005 away at Doncaster Rovers old Belle Vue/Earth ground with a 2-0 defeat inflicted mainly by a young Jonathan Forte. Off to SUFC Database to check this now.

Forte played for Saints against Eastleigh last night and played a good chunk of the game, he had 3 loan spealls last season and isn;t in the managers plans this season but at this stage the likes of him. Barnard, De Riddler, Sharp, Lee are all still under contract and will not be considered. Most are probably on a decent whack

It's in the sun today we are signing him on a season long loan.

I would love Tombides to play for Southend. Another Aussie on the books. The only reason he made one appearance for West Ham was that he was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2011. He is fully healed from that and by all accounts he is very talented. Probably too talented for Southend, much like Feds when he was here.

It's in the sun today we are signing him on a season long loan.

To open as I said yesterday I'd have Forte here in a flash and maybe a move of some sort will materialise. But I 'd take what the Sun says with a pinch of salt. Remember they said Bilel was 48 hours away from signing for Sheff Wed and many years ago said that Phil Gridelet had been released half way through that seasin in question and he hadn't been let go of. The press got it wrong with Higuain. They said he looked set for Arsenal but has ended up at Napoli. With forte hopefully he arrives and won't necessarily rule him out doing so.

Back