• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown pretty much said that we can't sign anyone last night.

Presumably, to get us out of this present mess we are going to need an infusion of 'orange money' or we are going to have to rely on the traditional method of gate receipts. Talking about that, does anyone know the attendance last night......it's not mentioned on the OS report. I imagine it's important to get as full a house as possible on Monday, to help our finances. Do we just hope the embargo is lifted by Thursday and that, by then, all the birds (prospective signings) won"t have flown.

Was he referring to the Embargo ? and that we already have 20 players ? , or was he referring to the lack of money ?

This was the series of tweets last night appertaining to the inability to make signings.

Not sure how many we've got in the squad of the top of my head but if we have room for two more then I'd certainly close in on Connor Clifford. Don cowan is a No for me so a place?? left available.

This was the series of tweets last night appertaining to the inability to make signings.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 15 h
Brown: "We've had another good look at Conor Clifford and Don Cowan and if I was free to sign anyone I want I would bring them both in."

Mark Burges ‏@onlytheburge 15 h
@CJPhillips1982 what does Brown mean 'if I was free to sign anyone I wud sign both' thought we needed bodies? Cash issues?

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 15 h
@onlytheburge doesn't want to block things up in case someone else comes available

I would interpret PB's opening comments as the embargo being the problem (there again, what do I know???) I'm not sure I understand Chris Phillips final comments...............unless it's a bit of CP irony?

Sounds like CP is saying that we are limited to having a number of players registered due to the embargo (20 I would guess), and Brown wants to sign Clifford and Cowan IF we can't get anyone better. We currently have 20 registered, so if we let Barker leave to join Hereford that frees up a space. Not sure if loaning people out will free spaces up, but if it does then we should loan out Chambers (3rd choice goalkeeper) and maybe Auger and Pinnock.

Sounds sensible, if we only have a couple of spaces left then try and get the best players we can while having Clifford and Cowan as fall back options. This could backfire and we could not find anyone better and Clifford and Cowan can sign for other clubs.

Sounds like CP is saying that we are limited to having a number of players registered due to the embargo (20 I would guess), and Brown wants to sign Clifford and Cowan IF we can't get anyone better. We currently have 20 registered, so if we let Barker leave to join Hereford that frees up a space. Not sure if loaning people out will free spaces up, but if it does then we should loan out Chambers (3rd choice goalkeeper) and maybe Auger and Pinnock.

Sounds sensible, if we only have a couple of spaces left then try and get the best players we can while having Clifford and Cowan as fall back options. This could backfire and we could not find anyone better and Clifford and Cowan can sign for other clubs.

Being the eternal pessimist, it's your last sentence that sadly has a greater ring of truth.

Do you know if players going out on loan counts as "freeing up a spot"?

I don't no. I would think thats unlikely as it refers to registered players. So we may have to ship out permanently. Starting with Barker. Unless the FL are feeling generous, which is unlikely as we apparantly owe them a stack of cash.

I don't no. I would think thats unlikely as it refers to registered players. So we may have to ship out permanently. Starting with Barker. Unless the FL are feeling generous, which is unlikely as we apparantly owe them a stack of cash.

Shame, guessing we can't unregistered those who might not get any game time.

Shame, guessing we can't unregistered those who might not get any game time.

Well we could just not register them. Failing that we'd have to pay their contract off. Will be interesting to see who is in the squad v Plymouth.

Well we could just not register them. Failing that we'd have to pay their contract off. Will be interesting to see who is in the squad v Plymouth.

We've got players like Chambers, Auger and Pinnock who might not get a game, so could loan them out to a team like Braintree (Woodyard was there last season), Concord (think Chambers was there last season) or Bishop Strotford (Njie was there last season too).

They get 1st team experience, so we don't have to register them and we get 3 free spots to bring in new players.

It's in the sun today we are signing him on a season long loan.
Yeah ! maybe something in this story as lunchtime on sky sports said jf is being signed on a season loan ! Don't know if this will happen tho`. pb needs to sign a striker pretty quick. With all the red herrings flying about at the moment I cant have too much confidence with any player we are linked with ! :stunned:

Yeah ! maybe something in this story as lunchtime on sky sports said jf is being signed on a season loan ! Don't know if this will happen tho`. pb needs to sign a striker pretty quick. With all the red herrings flying about at the moment I cant have too much confidence with any player we are linked with ! :stunned:

The Sun is up the Sky's a**e...................they both sing from the same songsheet........they are the same company. :smile:

Back