• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As has already been pointed out 6 of the team tomorrow must be made up of players that have played most of our league games so far this season. I can see us making the full amount of changes possible.
Have never really got these restrictions, surely a club should be able to choose whatever team they want? I guess the reasoning is to make the cup the highest standard they can?

Have never really got these restrictions, surely a club should be able to choose whatever team they want? I guess the reasoning is to make the cup the highest standard they can?

Exactly that.

It struggles to have any credibility anyway, turning it into a reserves cup would kill it further.

442 and go for it with an attacking brand of free flowing football with the untried all involved at some stage.

Last time we played Wimbledon in the first round of the JPT (2012-13 season, obviously) we got to the final and lost. We had them at home that year.

This year, we are playing them away in the first round...looks like we will go on to win it this year, if that theory works... :stunned:

...................p.smith....................
Thompson mads prosser coker
..................deegan.....................
Worrell.......................atkinson
..................payne.......................
....barnard...............coolthirst..

Exactly the team I would play; with young lads like Layne and Ellis Brown ready to come off the bench if needed. Hope Deegan does well and will be good for his fitness. Also looks like a nice balance to that side. Barnard, Shaq, Prosser, Coker, Atkinson have all had League action this season - but we may still fall short of the "6-regular-League-starters" criteria, if we play the above team?

Exactly the team I would play; with young lads like Layne and Ellis Brown ready to come off the bench if needed. Hope Deegan does well and will be good for his fitness. Also looks like a nice balance to that side. Barnard, Shaq, Prosser, Coker, Atkinson have all had League action this season - but we may still fall short of the "6-regular-League-starters" criteria, if we play the above team?

Actually - if Thompson is out injured then JW can play right-back and that might solve the problem of not having enough regular starters?

Would personally go for this:

P.Smith, White, Ibenfeldt, Prosser, Coker, Hurst, Deegan, Clifford, Coulthirst, Weston, Corr

Also, lets hope they (they probably will) rest Akinfenwa, without him, they won't be too much of a threat.

.....................P.Smith

......White Prosser Ibenfeldt Coker

............... Clifford.......Leonard

Worrell.............Payne.............Coulthirst

...................... Barnard

That formation has helped me turn Southend into the biggest club in the world on FM, it cant fail in the real world.

.....................P.Smith

......White Prosser Ibenfeldt Coker

............... Clifford.......Leonard

Worrell.............Payne.............Coulthirst

...................... Barnard

That formation has helped me turn Southend into the biggest club in the world on FM, it cant fail in the real world.

I like it we are sure to win 10-5 every game for sure.

It had plenty of credibility when 20000 or more of us turned up at Wembley:smile:

It only has any attraction at the area final stage onwards, hence thats when people turn up! (30,000+ at wembley!)

It only has any attraction at the area final stage onwards, hence thats when people turn up! (30,000+ at wembley!)
In your opinion maybe but I think it is a credible chance to make it a cup final at Wembley, and there is the credibility of seeing the rest of the squad being utilised. Strong looking bench too. I thought T Smith was away with under 19's

Another 4-3-3 which will revert to a 4-5-1 shortly after kick off :facepalm:

Did Phil catch 4-4-2 in bed with his Mrs or something?

Back