• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
Naturally im over the moon to see the mighty blues into the quarter finals of the JPT, as other people have posted previously and it has been a hot topic since about taking this cup run seriously or focus on league one survival.

We wont go here right now (i do personally believe that league one survival is more important than a good run in the JPT) however I dream of another day out to Wembley!

Anyway, back to my post, I was surprised to see some of the other results tonight, mainly being:

14th place Morecombe in division 2 - beating 3rd place Bury in division 1
&
22nd place Yeovil in division 2 - beating 5th place Coventry in division 1 (ok, abeit on penalties)
&
Port vale losing at home to Blackpool (hope the vale keep this losing streak going until at least around 5pm on Saturday :smile: )

So anyway my question is what of the following teams from the southern section would you us to meet in the next round?...

1. Bristol Rovers
2. Gillingham
3. Millwall
4. Oxford
5. Plymouth
6. Yeovil

From a blues away fans perspective in terms of short travelling distance, Gillingham & Millwall come to mind, could be tough games, but from looking at current league positions, and chances of a winning I would probably opt for Yeovil or Bristol Rovers.

Whats your preference? and why?

If I'm honest I want the team were most capable of beating, I would really love a cup run. But then again, some of the teams their would make some interesting games.

Don't forget Stevenage or Daggers will be thrown in there too.

Anyone know now if the draw is still east/west divided in this round?

I'd say Dagenham would be ideal, local and winnable. Otherwise probably Bristol Rovers, we never seem to beat Yeovil and with Sturrock there then it's probably best avoided for sentiments sake.

Hopefully Gillingham and Millwall draw each other and if someone could beat Plymouth that would be handy, other than that I would say there's not too much for us to fear.

Good point, I forgot about the Daggers game tonight, that would be ideal, and i agree would be winnable and good for our fans in terms of a local away trip. Failing that I would be happy with either Yeovil at home or Stevenage away.

I believe the next round (area quarter finals) and the following area semi finals are still in the format of a straight knockout competition, it only becomes a 2 legged system when it comes to the regional area finals.

I fancy our chances against any of the teams we will potentially face to be honest

From what I have seen of us on our travels this season any away game would do, if it is a draw then Dan will "win" the pens!
And from what I hear at home (East Stand) and away the team are happier being in front of the travelling fans not the vocal minority of moaners and groans.
Last night I heard just the one negative "White's only back coz his captain" piece of twaddle and that was before kick off and the guy was old and maybe blinkered!

I fancy our chances against any of the remaining teams, with ONE big exception..............

14th place Morecombe in division 2 - beating 3rd place Bury in division 1

Back