• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Gillingham & Millwall get knocked out and we get through, I would be really gutted if we don't get at least a place at Wembley again!

As the league table currently is, I think Millwall stand a good chance of losing away to Plymouth, think Gillingham at home will beat Yeovil though.
That being said, it's a month away until the next JPT game, and as we all know, form can change alot in a "footballing month".

If we get to Wembley again this year for the JPT, I might have to look into Club Wembley membership. Could save some £££ on these SUFC trips!:smile:

Let's not get carried away, Rovers are back on the up! Not an easy game what with us being favourites AND at home!

Looking again at the full draw for the next round, I found it interesting to see the almost mirror difference between the northern section and the southern section:

Northern section = 2 Division two clubs remaining & 6 Division one clubs remaining.
&
Southern section = 5 Division two clubs remaining & 3 Division one clubs remaining.

Re: Northern section, I cant see Morecombe away (14th in Div 2) beating Rochdale at home (6th in Div 1) or York away (18th in Div2) beating Bradford (16th in Div 1) or Barnsley (13th in Div 1) at home ... So i would imagine by the end of the next round, the northern section will all be League one clubs, which could work in our favour league wise, if other division one teams pick up injuries etc prior to us facing them in the near future fixtures.

Looking again at the full draw for the next round, I found it interesting to see the almost mirror difference between the northern section and the southern section:

Northern section = 2 Division two clubs remaining & 6 Division one clubs remaining.
&
Southern section = 5 Division two clubs remaining & 3 Division one clubs remaining.

To be fair, that's because there are a f***-ton of Southern clubs in League Two and vice-versa.

Rovers are a bang-average League Two side. Functional but devoid of quality. If they don't finish somewhere between 9th and 15th I will be shocked. Should be a comfortable night for you.

Fancy Oxford to come out of the southern section overall.

Also goes to show how northern based league one is! Only Colchester out of the southern league clubs have been knocked out I think. Coventry is up north :winking:

&

Re: Northern section, I cant see Morecombe away (14th in Div 2) beating Rochdale at home (6th in Div 1) or York away (18th in Div2) beating Bradford (16th in Div 1) or Barnsley (13th in Div 1) at home ... So i would imagine by the end of the next round, the northern section will all be League one clubs, which could work in our favour league wise, if other division one teams pick up injuries etc prior to us facing them in the near future fixtures.

Too much detail and analysis mate. Reaching finals is about dreaming and my dream is Morecombe in the final, and we win, that would be v cool.

Agreed, fully expect Oxford to beat the Daggers (although they have the home advantage) Im expecting it to be an easy win for them.

Too much detail and analysis mate. Reaching finals is about dreaming and my dream is Morecombe in the final, and we win, that would be v cool.

Cheers RHB, I will take that as compliement. :smile:

Obviously dreaming of another "Wembley Jolly", if we dont meet Morecombe, My 2nd "realistic" option would be Millwall (only because of our recent results against them and I think both clubs would bring a great attendance..both in numbers & atmosphere).

Cheers RHB, I will take that as compliement. :smile:

Obviously dreaming of another "Wembley Jolly", if we dont meet Morecombe, My 2nd "realistic" option would be Millwall (only because of our recent results against them and I think both clubs would bring a great attendance..both in numbers & atmosphere).

impossible for us to play Milwall in final.

Will take that, make it £10 a ticket and let's get 4,000 in for the game, make it a £5 and we can expect maybe 6,000:smile:

Aren't there rules about minimum amounts? Can't see it being less than a tenner. Would be good to do kids for a quid though, might attract a few more in.

No matter how cheap the tickets are i can't see us getting 6,000 in for the third round the JPT. If tickets were £10 i think 3000 would be more realistic than 4000.

I also think 6000 is not realistic, but I would expect a crowd of 4000+ is easily acheivable as momentum builds as the cup progresses, We managed to get an attendace of 4,485 for our only Tuesday night game at home so far this season against Brighton in the 1st round of the Capital cup.

(and abeit the other home matches have been on Saturday's) we have had home attendances so far this season of 6,149 / 5,839 / 5,748 / 5,212 / 5,708 & 6,543 at yesterdays game at Port Vale.

I also think 6000 is not realistic, but I would expect a crowd of 4000+ is easily acheivable as momentum builds as the cup progresses, We managed to get an attendace of 4,485 for our only Tuesday night game at home so far this season against Brighton in the 1st round of the Capital cup.

(and abeit the other home matches have been on Saturday's) we have had home attendances so far this season of 6,149 / 5,839 / 5,748 / 5,212 / 5,708 & 6,543 at yesterdays game at Port Vale.
But Brighton brought a good 600-700 (don't remember the exact number) so there were under 4000 home fans, I'd be surprised if Bristol bring more than 100. We were also playing against a higher profile team in a higher profile competition and it was our first competitive home game of the season so the attendance is always going to be higher in that game than a game which can probably still be considered the early stages of the JPT.

Home league attendances are irrelevant, we won't attract the same or even similar numbers for the 3rd round of the JPT midweek.

Have they set tickets prices for this game yet anyone know ? Can't see it on website yet or have I missed this somewhere:sad:

Back