• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ok, own up, who's knicked mrsblue's log in details?
the mrsblue of this forum would never, ever post something like the first post on this thread.
i know they've chilled out recently but serious.
you'll be supporting Jeremy Corbyn next!

You need to pay another visit to the Politics forum soon and then re-assess your Corbyn statement. the old mrsblue is alive and kicking over there.

Just because a player didn't do well for us doesn't necessarily mean he played badly whilst at other clubs (Chris Ramsey as an example).

Fbm,

My gripe is even if an ex player admits he was rubbish,his family may become upset and annoyed by some of the comments,I hate to think when your poll gets to centre forward in particular those strikers no longer with us.

Im not offended at all,just felt it was in poor taste.

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Yes agreed,

Imagine if one of the older ex players told his children or grandchildren"yeah I played for Southend" and those very same children read the views regarding their father/grandfather.

Yeah, just imagine.

lovejoy3.jpg

Just because a player didn't do well for us doesn't necessarily mean he played badly whilst at other clubs (Chris Ramsey as an example).

Indeed. If Coventry or Wolves fansites did the same, they'd probably put Freddy in their top 10 most rubbish signings.

The hallmarks of a professional footballer .

Skill and extreme fitness required.quick thinking is a big asset,speed and body strength also required.

Bad bits.

When playing your home fans will call you every name under the sun(even though most have probably played Sunday level or even not at all).

Depending if the fans have selected you for hero worship or the fall guy will play a part of your life forever!

If you are selected as the fall guy,we then advise you or your family never read any message boards where you plied your trade.Even when you have passed away you will still be judged by some as the worst player of all time,ridiculed nah not really its only banter.

The hallmarks of a professional footballer .

Skill and extreme fitness required.quick thinking is a big asset,speed and body strength also required.

Bad bits.

When playing your home fans will call you every name under the sun(even though most have probably played Sunday level or even not at all).

Depending if the fans have selected you for hero worship or the fall guy will play a part of your life forever!

If you are selected as the fall guy,we then advise you or your family never read any message boards where you plied your trade.Even when you have passed away you will still be judged by some as the worst player of all time,ridiculed nah not really its only banter.

Well done on leaving out all the benefits of being a professional footballer.

Well done on leaving out all the benefits of being a professional footballer.

The average player at our level are paid peanuts compared to even average championship players.

Besides whatever they earn doesn't give anybody the right to hurl abuse ,spit or in rare cases physically assault them!

At the Hall some of the comments are truly hideous and frankly embarrassing!

Personally I think it's appalling behaviour,but each to their own though!

"The average player at our level are paid peanuts compared to even average championship players."

That is true. However they are paid quite a bit more than the National Average, more than double my peak salary and I worked for bp and nPower. The career is short and players know this before they sign a contract. They are not forced into the profession; I doubt anyone here was either.

Every job has its downside and an individual decides if the job is worth it. At bp the refinery was a "Top Tier COMAHH" site, i.e.one of the most dangerous locations (fuels are effectively explosives - Buncefield...).

"The average player at our level are paid peanuts compared to even average championship players."

That is true. However they are paid quite a bit more than the National Average, more than double my peak salary and I worked for bp and nPower. The career is short and players know this before they sign a contract. They are not forced into the profession; I doubt anyone here was either.

Every job has its downside and an individual decides if the job is worth it. At bp the refinery was a "Top Tier COMAHH" site, i.e.one of the most dangerous locations (fuels are effectively explosives - Buncefield...).

Whilst at work Rob did you suffer being called all manner of names?,did drunken blokes openly ridicule you?

Couple of games ago we existed the boxes and Deegan was standing near the players entrance,a fan actually pulled his beard!

Bizarre stuff.

Whilst at work Rob did you suffer being called all manner of names?,did drunken blokes openly ridicule you?

Couple of games ago we existed the boxes and Deegan was standing near the players entrance,a fan actually pulled his beard!

Bizarre stuff.

And I don't think anyone here would condone that. But a jokey poll about who was worse out of Chris Ramsey, Andy Harris and Paul Roberts isn't hurting anyone.

And I don't think anyone here would condone that. But a jokey poll about who was worse out of Chris Ramsey, Andy Harris and Paul Roberts isn't hurting anyone.

Considering Ramsey is one of the country's top youth coaches now I don't think he cares one jot.

"Whilst at work Rob did you suffer being called all manner of names? Did drunken blokes openly ridicule you?"

Are footballers exposed to toxic chemicals? Do they work in a potentially explosive environment with extreme temperatures and pressures in heir immediate vicinity? Wear B.A. and acid-proof suits?

No of course not but that is an irrelevant point because the job is different. Neither did I get people applauding me, chanting my name or watching me at work on Youtube!

"Whilst at work Rob did you suffer being called all manner of names? Did drunken blokes openly ridicule you?"

Are footballers exposed to toxic chemicals? Do they work in a potentially explosive environment with extreme temperatures and pressures in heir immediate vicinity? Wear B.A. and acid-proof suits?

No of course not but that is an irrelevant point because the job is different. Neither did I get people applauding me, chanting my name or watching me at work on Youtube!

Do you wear one of these as well Rob?

mrsblue is right. Can the owners remove the following threads please?

Never tire of these....(funny pics, YouTube videos and vines) - the people in the images / videos may stumble upon this site and cry.

Gigs - someone may have left a bad review of a U2 gig they went to, The Edge's nephew may read this and get upset.

What have you watched on TV? Phil Redmond's uni flatmate's third cousin's workmate might see a comment of the Brookside lesbian kiss and throw a strop.

Deadpool 2016 - Zowie Bowie might take exception to a bloke from Essex saying he didn't find his dad's music all that great.

The cheek of labour! - Jeremy Corbyn might read this and kill himself over mrsblue's comments. Nobody wants that on their conscience.

In fact, thinking about this, can we just have every post moderated in case everyone gets offended?

This site is basically becoming the latest season of South Park.

mrsblue is right. Can the owners remove the following threads please?

Never tire of these....(funny pics, YouTube videos and vines) - the people in the images / videos may stumble upon this site and cry.

Gigs - someone may have left a bad review of a U2 gig they went to, The Edge's nephew may read this and get upset.

What have you watched on TV? Phil Redmond's uni flatmate's third cousin's workmate might see a comment of the Brookside lesbian kiss and throw a strop.

Deadpool 2016 - Zowie Bowie might take exception to a bloke from Essex saying he didn't find his dad's music all that great.

The cheek of labour! - Jeremy Corbyn might read this and kill himself over mrsblue's comments. Nobody wants that on their conscience.

In fact, thinking about this, can we just have every post moderated in case everyone gets offended?

This site is basically becoming the latest season of South Park.

Glad you agree and I hope you have learnt a valuable lesson!,go to church and repent your sins:winking:

Back