• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of the most sickening ends to a game I can remember. A decent, upbeat performance by us and as the away team probably deserved all 3 points. A truly shocking refereeing performance - in the last 20 minutes nine out of every ten decisions were wrong. Don't know what else to say at the moment...

Flavs 5 (A couple of decent saves but handling was very poor today. One of his drops led to penalty incident).

Francis 7 (The odd lapse in concentration but gives good attacking options and wins everything in the air)

Clarke 8 (There was the odd silly mistake admittedly, but his passion along with some outstanding tackling and an out of this world goal bring his score up)

Barrett 7 (Solid and good in the air)

Mulgrew 7 (Awesome first half, not so involved in the second. Looks good in the air and on the ball as well as good delivery from the few dead balls he took)

Black 6 (Worked extremely hard total commitment, but not enough quality with the final ball)

McCormack 6.5 (Decent enough but I wish he'd take control of the game more. Some good passing and tackling)

Bailey 7 (Involved more than McCormack but neither of them seem able to dictate a game like Maher could)

Gower 6 (Flashes of old self but spends too long out of the game - indeed avoiding the game)

Revell 5 (Not the debut he'd have hoped for. A good shot in the first half but a terrible headed miss from 6 yards in the second. Worked hard but didn't win as much in the air as I'd hoped he would. Put it this way, if Harrold had played like that, there'd be 7-page thread on it now)

Barnard 7 (Great movement and scores the kind of goals we've been missing for a season or two)

SUBS:

Charlie Mac 7 (Really impressed by him recently. Excellent touch and can hold the ball up surprisingly well considering his size. Just lacks genuine threat after getting in good positions)

Robson-Kanu 5 (Not on long but failed to make an impression and seemed to struggle to keep up to the physicality and pace of game)

Last edited:
I've got back and had a bit of time to think about the game. I was quite angry after the game and felt we had been robbed of the 3 points but after thinking about it, they did create an awful lot of chances to (in my opinion) deserve a point. We played well and i felt we dominated the first half but after going 2-1 up, we sat back on our lead. Yet again, this came back to haunt us and we end up conceding in the last minute of the game. We can't go blaming it on the ref but he was very one sided today.

Plus points

Great vocal support
Barnard and Mulgrew look good
More height in the team

Anyway, another beer is calling lol

I've just got back and im gutted, feel like we have lost today.

Overall I thought we was very good and desrved the 3 points.

My points.

*Referee was a total disgrace today and cost us the game today (bigtime)
*Barnard works so hard as does Clarke, Barrett, McCormack and Bailey.
*Flahaven had another mare due to his height and really should be replaced by Collis, cost us a goal today when he should have plucked it out the air with ease (but I wont go into that)

Great support today lads, we was very vocal and done the club proud.

also just got back and am absolutely gutted, we were the better team and got done by a last minute goal. and wayne gray changed their attack when he came on they were a different team going forward he added another element to their game. never a penalty for their first and once again we didnt deserve that result
We Hate Orient

I've just got back and im gutted, feel like we have lost today.

Overall I thought we was very good and desrved the 3 points.

My points.

*Referee was a total disgrace today and cost us the game today (bigtime)
*Barnard works so hard as does Clarke, Barrett, McCormack and Bailey.
*Flahaven had another mare due to his height and really should be replaced by Collis, cost us a goal today when he should have plucked it out the air with ease (but I wont go into that)

Great support today lads, we was very vocal and done the club proud.

Agree with all of that ..it does feel like we lost ...you just knew in those last 5 mins of added on time something would give...:(

Fantastic effort from the 2000 + Blues fans though....

I've got back and had a bit of time to think about the game. I was quite angry after the game and felt we had been robbed of the 3 points but after thinking about it, they did create an awful lot of chances to (in my opinion) deserve a point. We played well and i felt we dominated the first half but after going 2-1 up, we sat back on our lead. Yet again, this came back to haunt us and we end up conceding in the last minute of the game. We can't go blaming it on the ref but he was very one sided today.

Agree, wouldn't blame the referee for costing us but he was ****! I thought Clarke gave away a pen in the first half (wrestling someone to the ground) which wasn't given...

Should have finished them off as we had capability and chances to do so.

also just got back and am absolutely gutted, we were the better team and got done by a last minute goal. and wayne gray changed their attack when he came on they were a different team going forward he added another element to their game. never a penalty for their first and once again we didnt deserve that result
We Hate Orient

Can people now see why i would have him back!:mad:

Im furious after this match. Gutted.

Revell 5 (Not the debut he'd have hoped for. A good shot in the first half but a terrible headed miss from 6 yards in the second. Worked hard but didn't win as much in the air as I'd hoped he would. Put it this way, if Harrold had played like that, there'd be 7-page thread on it now

I think 5 is a tad bit harsh there Cliff Pavilion. Considering it was his first start sine joining on Thursday I thought he played reasonably well. Won quite a few balls in the air and on the deck and thought he linked up really well with Barnard.

Mind you I agree about your Harrold comment, and Revell really should've finished that header he had!

Revell 5 (Not the debut he'd have hoped for. A good shot in the first half but a terrible headed miss from 6 yards in the second. Worked hard but didn't win as much in the air as I'd hoped he would. Put it this way, if Harrold had played like that, there'd be 7-page thread on it now

I think 5 is a tad bit harsh there Cliff Pavilion. Considering it was his first start sine joining on Thursday I thought he played reasonably well. Won quite a few balls in the air and on the deck and thought he linked up really well with Barnard.

Mind you I agree about your Harrold comment, and Revell really should've finished that header he had!

Think you have over marked him, useless in the air, poor first touch, what has Tilly done?

Think you have over marked him, useless in the air, poor first touch, what has Tilly done?

Don't be ridiculous Wiggy! As has been pointed out, he's only been working with the team for two training sessions... He showed one real bit of quality with a turn and shot in the first half. He didn't have a good game, but let's not judge so quickly eh?

My ratings -

Flavs - 5 - very poor in the air and his mistake led to the pen. Collis for me
Francis - 6 - He was ok but i never feel safe when he has got the ball
Clarke - 9 - Set up a goal and scored a cracker. He also won near everything in the air. Best defender at the club now
Barrett - 7 - Worked hard and blocked a goal bound shot. Needs to win more in the air though
Mulgrew - 7.5 - Wokred hard and attacked well. May need to improve defending as he did leave space, especially in the 2nd half.
Black - 7 - Worked hard as ever but not quite going for him at the moment
Macca - 6.5 - Worked hard but not as influential as he has been
Bails - 7 - Again, worked and got in a few crunching tackles
Gower - 6 - Getting very frustrated with him at the moment. Doesent appear to want to go past players and has a tendency of giving the ball away in the worst poss areas
Barnard - 6.5 - Worked hard but didnt have a lot of influence on the game as he was well marshalled by orient defence
Revell - 6 - Debut to forget for him. Won a lot of headers in the air and worked hard but missed an absolute siiter (harrold would have scored so you can imagine how much of a sitter it was!)

Charlie M - 6.5 - Worked hard and holds the ball up well for somebody his size
Kanu - 6 - Didnt do anything particurarly good or bad

Positives

* All worked hard
* We defended set pieces better
* Defence looked stronger

Negatives

* Still lacked pace upfront for me and a cutting edge
* Flaphaven
* The ref

Just got back

What a good day i've had. 90th minute equaliser for them, then get the wrong train so end up in colchester, and now i'm home. Been to two scummy places in one day, I feel sick!

What a good day i've had. 90th minute equaliser for them, then get the wrong train so end up in colchester, and now i'm home. Been to two scummy places in one day, I feel sick!

Sorry Fred, but that really made me laugh...:D

Back