• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got back

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Found it quite entertaining today. Fairly even game that really might have gone either way. Probably should take it as a good away point.

Special praise for Flahavan who made some storming saves and was very positive in coming for crosses. Well done Flavs.

N.B. I'm usually quite critical of Flahavan bu he did particularly well today.

Haven't gathered my thoughts for an fbm type effort yet.

If only Tes could have got a touch on Nicky's cross.... maybe if that had been Freddy there we might have been celebrating a win?

Shame about the 3 little twits and their friends down the front making a show of themselves, appalling racist comment at half time.

Just got back too, a bit more disappointed than you though!Where has the Freddy of old gone....?

down.gif
down.gif
down.gif

I was getting a (very small and disappointing) pie at half time so don't know what went on. Any ideas what happened that made all the stewards get in a frenzy?

Also, I think that's now 50% of Freddy's games that he's played in that I've seen. Goal counter: 0

sad.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 22 2005,19:07)]Haven't gathered my thoughts for an fbm type effort yet.
Well that's not good enough!
tounge.gif

Looking at the Mansfield forum, they're gutted that they didn't get the 3 points and reckon that an inspired performance by Flavs kept us in it. We might need to improve our performance for Tuesday then.

Incidentally, I had heard earlier that the original plan was to actually start with Holloway in goal today because of doubts over whether Flavs was fit enough. He seemingly was though going by his performance.

Also, try reading the BBC report! Says we survived an onslaught!!

Maybe the slighlty yellow shirted ref wrote it...

Sounded like he missed a sitter infront of goal!
sad.gif

Where has the magic gone?
Time for Mr Barrett to start scoring again!

biggrin.gif

Freddy's form has gone off slightly since he started listening to the crowd and passing to people - he was much better as a selfish glory hunter.
smile.gif

Not sure about the steward thing but if I'd been in charge I would've chucked those idiots out - "I'll have a *** on toast please" is not funny, not funny at all.

Excellent result at a very difficult place to go. Other results went for us too, I think its clear to everyone that its Sc**thorpe we are chasing now if we are aiming for the top 3 (whilst also keeping an eye on those behind). Tough ask but they have to come to Roots Hall and their away fixtures coming up are horrendous! Must beat Darlo next week now but its good news for us that Benjamin was sent off for Northampton today and will miss 3 games as he IMO was the main catalyst for their recent good run.

And thankyou Notts County!
wink.gif

I'm really confident we will at least get a play off spot now IF We beat Darlington next saturday, if we beat them I think the play offs are ours.

Acording the club website Tilly is quoted as saying " i'm just pleased to come away losing the game"

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ Jan. 22 2005,19:58)]Acording the club website Tilly is quoted as saying " i'm just pleased to come away losing the game"

rock.gif
Perhaps he was in the loo when we scored
smile.gif

The next 4 games will really make or break us.

Darlo, Swans, Scunny and N'ton. Alot of the big teams play each other over the next month and this will give the likes of Lincoln, Grimsby, Maccy etc.. to try and reduce the gap. If they dont, then we should be able to stay in the play-offs. But if we go on a bad run, against the top teams, it will make it double as bad.

Kev

But also if you get the harder matches outta the way that leaves us an easier run in at the crucial time, so any points we do pick up are a bonus and even if we can just stay within distance all is not lost, if you get all the big guns out the way then it leaves a straightforward route for us!
biggrin.gif

I thought we did well today, Mansfield like to get it forward quick, they don't exactly pass it about.

I thought that about 5 minutes before scoring and ten minutes after we were a class above.

There was an onslaught, if you can call it that, they had 4 corners in a row in the last minute of the first half, one of which was superbly blocked by spinner, another of which Flav somehow got a hand to.

As someone else said Flav made some great saves, some of which he never looked like getting close to.
Man of the match for me would have to go to Prior though superb throughout.

I was a little disappointed with Maher today though, especially first half, he gave the ball away far to much trying to do 'cute' touches or flicks. Take the time he flicked the ball over his head and did the Mansfield player a treat, then proceeded to pass straight to the nearest Mansfield player.
Noteably second half he just did was he was good at spreading the play and passing well, and excellent quick thinking for our goal.

On the whole I reckon it was a good away point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:53)]But also if you get the harder matches outta the way that leaves us an easier run in at the crucial time, so any points we do pick up are a bonus and even if we can just stay within distance all is not lost, if you get all the big guns out the way then it leaves a straightforward route for us!
biggrin.gif
Personally I am dreading the final 4 scheduled matches of our season... Orient (h), Oxford (a), Yeovil (h) and Grimsby (a). All traditionally games we lose.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 23 2005,00:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 22 2005,20:53)]But also if you get the harder matches outta the way that leaves us an easier run in at the crucial time, so any points we do pick up are a bonus and even if we can just stay within distance all is not lost, if you get all the big guns out the way then it leaves a straightforward route for us!
biggrin.gif
Personally I am dreading the final 4 scheduled matches of our season... Orient (h), Oxford (a), Yeovil (h) and Grimsby (a).  All traditionally games we lose.
This is true, but surley if promotion is in our sites by then traditions WILL change?
rock.gif

After all, no own goals at birdbrain road this season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 23 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Personally I am dreading the final 4 scheduled matches of our season... Orient (h), Oxford (a), Yeovil (h) and Grimsby (a).  All traditionally games we lose.
This is true, but surley if promotion is in our sites by then traditions WILL change?  
rock.gif

Of course, we can but hope. We beat the Carlisle away jinx last season, after all.

But when the fixtures were produced I groaned and prayed to God that whatever issues this season would bring, they would be resolved BEFORE our final game. Personally I can't think of a potentially harder fixture than Grimsby away, where we not only lose but usually lose comfortably.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 23 2005,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 23 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
rock.gif

Of course, we can but hope.  We beat the Carlisle away jinx last season, after all.

But when the fixtures were produced I groaned and prayed to God that whatever issues this season would bring, they would be resolved BEFORE our final game.  Personally I can't think of a potentially harder fixture than Grimsby away, where we not only lose but usually lose comfortably.
Yea but come end of the season at least our football league status will not be under threat, which is what some would have thought at the start of the season, hence the praying for a kind fixture on the last day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 22 2005,19:29)]but its good news for us that Benjamin was sent off for Northampton today and will miss 3 games as he IMO was the main catalyst for their recent good run.
Are you sure it's 3 games? I thought he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red.

Back