• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got back

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Jan. 23 2005,18:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 22 2005,19:29)]but its good news for us that Benjamin was sent off for Northampton today and will miss 3 games as he IMO was the main catalyst for their recent good run.
Are you sure it's 3 games? I thought he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red.
Straight red.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 23 2005,19:43)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 22 2005,19:29)]but its good news for us that Benjamin was sent off for Northampton today and will miss 3 games as he IMO was the main catalyst for their recent good run.
Are you sure it's 3 games?  I thought he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red.
Straight red.
Sky got it wrong then. Cool !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Jan. 23 2005,21:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you sure it's 3 games? I thought he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red.
Straight red.
Sky got it wrong then. Cool !
Its irrelavant though. He misses the next 3 games, so will return against us ...

glare.gif
down.gif

Possibly why he did it. Wanted to make sure there was no way he'd be suspended for the game with Southend so he got himself sent off, clever thinking. Now where has something similar happened?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 23 2005,21:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Jan. 23 2005,21:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you sure it's 3 games?  I thought he got 2 yellows rather than a straight red.
Straight red.
Sky got it wrong then.  Cool !
Its irrelavant though. He misses the next 3 games, so will return against us ...

glare.gif

down.gif
*Adopts Little Britain voice* Yeh I know

Leaves them a little shorter on firepower for the next 3 games though.

He will miss the game against us as Northampton's next game was due to be Yeovil, but they are otherwise engaged next Saturday
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 22 2005,19:07)]Found it quite entertaining today.  Fairly even game that really might have gone either way.  Probably should take it as a good away point.

Special praise for Flahavan who made some storming saves and was very positive in coming for crosses.  Well done Flavs.

N.B.  I'm usually quite critical of Flahavan bu he did particularly well today.

Haven't gathered my thoughts for an fbm type effort yet.
Personally I thought the game was a bit of a non-event, especially first half. Second half was better, but after their goal which seem to come from nowhere Mansfield didn't really look like scoring and apart from the 15 minute spell when we were sparked into life by their goal, neither did we. I suppose it represents progress as a year (plus) ago we'd have lost it through a couple of stupid mistakes.

I agree with you about Flahavan. We all know he is a decent shot-stopper, and he made a smart save low to his left before half time, but I was more encouraged to see him leave his line to claim the few crosses that Mansfield managed to put over.

My MOTM was Pettefer. He looked a far more accomplished player in the middle than he does out wide. He was even more industrious than normal and must have been a real nusiance to play against as he was constantly breathing down the neck of the opposition. On the ball his first and second touches invariably bought him the space/time to play the simple ball to a better placed colleague.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 24 2005,15:59)]My MOTM was Pettefer. He looked a far more accomplished player in the middle than he does out wide. He was even more industrious than normal and must have been a real nusiance to play against as he was constantly breathing down the neck of the opposition. On the ball his first and second touches invariably bought him the space/time to play the simple ball to a better placed colleague.
If the Notts County game was anything to go by, Bentley has a spate of bench-warming coming up - no way you can drop Petts on current form.

The midfield quartet needs to be, at the mo:

Nicolau Pettefer Maher Gower

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 24 2005,16:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 24 2005,15:59)]My MOTM was Pettefer. He looked a far more accomplished player in the middle than he does out wide. He was even more industrious than normal and must have been a real nusiance to play against as he was constantly breathing down the neck of the opposition. On the ball his first and second touches invariably bought him the space/time to play the simple ball to a better placed colleague.
If the Notts County game was anything to go by, Bentley has a spate of bench-warming coming up - no way you can drop Petts on current form.

Nicolau  Pettefer  Maher  Gower

rock.gif

Matt
I agree with that formation Matt but for large periods of the game at Mansfield Gower was anonymous on the right.

He cleary prefers going on the left but there's no way Nic Nic can go anywhere else.

I guess he wasn't match fit and he did score so shouldn't be too harsh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 24 2005,16:56)]
[b said:

Nicolau  Pettefer  Maher  Gower

rock.gif

Matt
As I said on another thread, that midfield looks lightweight.

I think Bentley wasn't effective as normal against Notts County because he was still recovering from the knock that forced him off v Kiddie. Assuming the rest has done him good I'd want him back in the team as I think we are better balanced with him in it.

Back