• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just Spoke to tilly

simac21

Coach
just saw tilly while getting my palace and qpr tickets asked him if ne news on transfer front he sed no news. there talking to a few players still.
Then asked bout agogo, he sed bristol rovers manager dont want him goin so dont look likely for us.
Asked bout Robinson he reckons he's off to cardiff.

Then to finish things off asked how long ricketts will be out for he sed hes gonna start running monday so 2 weeks.

down.gif

funniest thing was wen he sed bout this website.
he sed dont believe ne1 on there.
Parlour,Zamora,Trundle etc all b******s.
Trundle's on £4,000 a goal tilly reckons.
i know he wudnt tell nething bout new signing as the last post sed bout random ppl.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simac21 @ July 28 2006,16:26)]funniest thing was wen he sed bout this website.
Parlour,Zamora,Trundle etc all b******s.
Trundle's on £4,000 a goal tilly reckons.
i know he wudnt tell nething bout new signing as the last post sed bout random ppl.
I assume he praised people on their erudition, and the fact that nobody on here uses text speak.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ July 28 2006,16:22)]Along with one of the slowest back 4 in the league..
Didnt do too bad against Pompey though did they? I wouldnt say Hammell and Francis are the slowest in the league either - and they make up half of the back four you reckon is the overall slowest...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (simac21 @ July 28 2006,16:26)]funniest thing was wen he sed bout this website.
Nothing like your 'we're definately not going to sign X', followed by promptly signing them, eh Tilly?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 28 2006,16:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ July 28 2006,16:22)]Along with one of the slowest back 4 in the league..
Didnt do too bad against Pompey though did they? I wouldnt say Hammell and Francis are the slowest in the league either - and they make up half of the back four you reckon is the overall slowest...

rock.gif
I did say "one of the slowest" and as for the pompey game, we did concede a hatful of chances to be fair. And that was mainly due to our lack of pace, rather than mistakes, lack of winning headers etc. I would just feel more comfortable if we had a pacey defender in the side. Ie a fit Sodje.

so pre season then we have the following

Out In
Griemink Collis
Edwards Francis
Jupp Hammell
Petts JCR
Goater Ricketts
Bentley
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

Gray
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ramblers shrimp @ July 28 2006,16:46)]so pre season then we have the following

Out In
Griemink Collis
Edwards Francis
Jupp Hammell
Petts JCR
Goater Ricketts
Bentley
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

Gray
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif
We should really be signing more than 2 to replace the last 2 on that list! We had a small squad last year!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ July 28 2006,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ramblers shrimp @ July 28 2006,16:46)]so pre season then we have the following

Out                                    In
Griemink                              Collis
Edwards                              Francis
Jupp                                   Hammell
Petts                                  JCR
Goater                                Ricketts
Bentley                              
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

Gray                                  
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

rock.gif
We should really be signing more than 2 to replace the last 2 on that list! We had a small squad last year!!!
I agree that it would be good to have at least two more signings. However I don't see the point of making a signing for the sake of it, a msitake we have many times in the past. It is obvious that Tilson is thinking on the same lines.

i just think that something has gone seriously wrong with our proposed signings.

Letting players leave with no replacements, gray and Bentley were easy squad players. 2 year deals could have been offered to keep them here.

I am assuming that we had replacements lined up but it has all fallen flat, and i think comments from the club support this i.e
"we expect to name a new signing this week",
"expect a new face within the next few days"

These are club words not supporters

Nothing will ever go as planned. Targets will consider all offers and we don't have a considerable player draw. It depends what the individual is looking for.

As for keeping people as squad players, I don't see the point in offering someone two years if they're not likely to play first team football. Would Bentley have stayed if he'd been offered two years? I doubt it. He's not the youngest and wants to play league football after working so hard to actually get there. He's not the type of guy that will sit on the bench and play ten games a season.

The transfer window closes in just over a month and there is always the possiblity of loan signings. Personally I think there will still be more movement as there has been little activity on a national level this year in a market inflated at the top end. The types of players we are looking at will have offers from other clubs, that is inevitable. As I have said many times on these boards I would wait until as late as possible if I were a player in that position. I would negotiate hard and work similar deals with as many clubs as possible and then pick the one that felt right.

Of course all players are different but I don't believe that it makes any sense for a player to move early in July unless it is their ideal move, but how many players in the country are going to say that about us?

Obviously it's frustrating but it could be a lot worse. There are many sides in this division trying to restructure and build without the continuity, spirit and habit of winning that we have. Hopefully we'll go into the game against Stoke with a centre half and centre forward added, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Back