• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

If he did that to my other club, Legia, he would be hung up on a lamppost.

What he did to Southend Utd, a club I support since I moved to Southend from Poland, was unforgivable in my eyes.
Wow he must have committed murder!

Cost us the play off, without his action, we would be looking to chase down Woking & Chesterfield for 3rd & 4th place for home advantage.

Why all of our squad stayed, only him walked out.
It's a game

Also it was mentioned that someone else put a letter in but didn't action it

It’s a sport, a game. It’s his job and a relatively short career. It’s been said already. How he / his agent went about it wasn’t great but we breached contract by not paying him. The only miracle is that plenty of others didn’t follow suit and tbh would not have blamed them at all if they had. The only person that has ruined our season and our potential playoff campaign is oh mighty Ron.

Things are done differently with Polish fans. Football to them is a serious cult/religion. @Murkey_Mouse is fully in his rights to express his emotions. There is no rules.

Cost us the play off, without his action, we would be looking to chase down Woking & Chesterfield for 3rd & 4th place for home advantage.

Why all of our squad stayed, only him walked out.
Although I see your point and I do think Lopata saw unpaid wages as a easy get out and more than likely had be tapped up by other clubs interest, ultimately it's Ron's fault for opening the door to allow him to move with no fee in return. We can't forget that.

Omg ... is this still running? He didn't get paid, took Ron to court, won the case, left the club, Ron put in an appeal, lost the appeal, went to Woking on short term deal where he gets paid .... move on.
I think it's the residual hurt of the rejection, Phil.

LJB hit the right note on this one: ->

All being well, we'll be able to embrace the sentiment of the B-side before long.

All sorts of ex players cause all sorts of emotions amongst our posting community, Phil Brown and Nile being prime examples. Then we have the likes of Charlie Kelman, Isaac Hutchinson and Mark Oxley having longevity on the like/dislike front. That is what the Ex Shrimpers Forum is all about. some of it can be a hard read, and some can be amusing, but as long as the forum exists there will be comments. As with all forums, be prudent in what you look out for, it makes for a more indigestion free time.

Back