• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
When I was 17 I used to get paid £80 for 12 hours kitchen work (cooking for nuns and old people) at Nazareth House back in 1990.

At the time this was more than enough to keep me in fags, booze, Rebel MC records and explosive fibres sweatsuits.

It virtually doubled the income I received as a kitchen porter at Hotel Renouf which I quit after being accused of stealing tea towels (I ask you, what kid would steal tea towels when left to work unsupervised in a place full of booze?)

Can anyone beat that?

Last edited:
I got a grand, cash in hand, for working as a waiter for a week during the 1997 Ryder Cup. Plus we bought far too much booze for our puritanical American guests so I managed to nab a bottle of Jack Daniels and some nice red wine too. Happy days indeed.

meand a mate of mine worked in a butchers after school, just cleaning up mainly. We got 8 quid a week each. When he left school the butchers asked me if I wanted to do the lot on my own- for a tenner! (And I did it)

First job was when I was 11/12... Gutting Turkeys all day...

Can't remember how much I got paid, the job was bad enough!

When I was 16, I worked in Primark for £2.68 per hour (That was 1999 and that wasn't bad pay for back then).

I thought that was the worst possible job anyone could have :(

When I was 16, I worked in Primark for £2.68 per hour (That was 1999 and that wasn't bad pay for back then).

I thought that was the worst possible job anyone could have :(

My friend works there now. She loves it.

My first job, will hopefully be working in 'Adventure Island' in the catering department. :D

I worked as a ganger on a building site for £3.50 / hr aged 15. My speciality was to go round with a couple of electricians with a copy of the internal architect's plans for the buildings - which no one had bothered to co-ordinate with the M&E consultant's plans for the buildings. So, the locations of the floorboxes (with power, phone, network points in them) bore no relationship whatsoever to the desk lay-outs for the office - a minor point, you may think... but not when a desk's nominated floor-box is in the middle of a corridor, it ain't!

So, we went round, painted the locations of the desks onto the steel floor-tiles, and then moved the floorboxes into the right place.

Not a bad job for a 15 year old.

Not as much fun as my paper-round, though, when I managed to sneak the odd top-shelf publication in to my satchel...

:D

MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS TO RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

Blimey, you sorted that out already?

If Harrold scores on Saturday I'll donate.If Paynter scores i'll double it.

I had a job as a 'boy' on a milk round. We delivered to the 'country' area which meant our 'float' had 4 wheels and not the usual 3. Did this for about 3 yrs starting off in the school hols and eventually everyday as the 'milkman' wanted to be a london cabbie and was doing the knowledge. Weekday meant a 3am start and I got dropped off at school in the float - lol.

When that 'career' ended I got a summer job as a painter for a friends dad. He had a contract painting a new wing at Holloway prison. All I was allowed to paint was pipework and toilet doors! The experience of applying undercoat while being heckled from female inmates was one I'll never forget.

My best job in terms of enjoyment rather than money was I spent two summers doing "sports coaching" which basically involved me being 16/17 and having to take 30+ 10 year olds out in a field and paly sports with them.

My sole repsonsability was to knacker these kids out.

It was such a good job but only paid £80 for a week. That said for £80 you got a cracking tan as half the day was by the swimming pool with the kids. The rest of the day involved a hectic schedule of rounders,football and touch cricket.

I loved it. Funny enough I got face booked the other day but a stunning bird who reckoned she knew me. Speaking to her it turned out she was one of my pupils when I was doing it. Real stunner nowadays. So it was good for pulling birds even then.

Ont he flip side my main school job was working in a old peoples homes. Saturdays mornings cleaning 7-1pm which was cool as allowed me to play football in the afternoon and Sunday mornings as kitchen assistant which was excellent except for Dad of DtS as he had to eake me up at 6am on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea.

DtS

Bakers Oven, 4 hours on a Sunday morn, aged 16, £4.60 an hour... hard work, but made a good mate

Back