• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kingswood suits the Blues

Technician

Our boys have moved their training schedule to the Kingswood Club in Basildon, where they will be doing weights, swimming and using Kingswood's training ground.

LINK: Kingswood

Opinion: This is great of course, but is it cost effective? If we are spending money at Kingswood, then surely that money could be better spent on our own facilities. Having said that, I assume we would have these types of facilities at the new Stadium... What do you think?

Hmmmmm..... It's the gym I use and is very good, it may well be that they have done a deal whereby they get some advertising for the free use of the gym etc.....

The swimming pool's tiny though.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 05 2004,11:24)]Hmmmmm..... It's the gym I use and is very good, it may well be that they have done a deal whereby they get some advertising for the free use of the gym etc.....

If that's the case, everybody wins! Good spot Steveh1510.

I can see some good jokes about our players & the tiny swimming pool coming on...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 05 2004,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 05 2004,11:24)]Hmmmmm..... It's the gym I use and is very good, it may well be that they have done a deal whereby they get some advertising for the free use of the gym etc.....

I can see some good jokes about our players & the tiny swimming pool coming on...  
biggrin.gif
I was just thinking that they've already got free advertisement just from that article on the official site and a few sad cases will read it and join just so they can say they go to the same gym as the players (and at their prices, they'll easily make their money back if just a few people join!), and the gyms going to be quiet during the day anyway so they're not going to be disturbing paying customers.

Now, I must go finish my application form to join this Gym, and book a day off tomorrow......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ July 05 2004,11:38)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
I was just thinking that they've already got free advertisement just from that article on the official site and a few sad cases will read it and join just so they can say they go to the same gym as the players (and at their prices, they'll easily make their money back if just a few people join!), and the gyms going to be quiet during the day anyway so they're not going to be disturbing paying customers.

Now, I must go finish my application form to join this Gym, and book a day off tomorrow......
You are a tease!
biggrin.gif

How do you get an application form
wink.gif

I understand that the owner of Kingswood is a big SUFC fan (shareholder?) and players are always spotted down there; past and present.

The players are not paying to use the gym.

They have a 5day membership and people at the club get seats in the directors area in the East stand of Roots Hall.

A main reason for this is obviously because it is free but Tilly's sister used to work there.

Danny Gay and Mel Capleton still use it I believe, they have trained in the field next to it.

Danny Kerrigan works there. Kightly goes there in his own time also.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 05 2004,12:23)]Danny Gay and Mel Capleton still use it I believe, they have trained in the field next to it.

Danny Kerrigan works there.
It's like a who's who of blues failures.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ July 05 2004,16:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 05 2004,12:23)]Kightly goes there in his own time also.
I served him on Sat night, where i work. 3 bars of choccy he bought. Tsk!
Snickers? Dime?

I had Kightly down as a Curly Wurly chap

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 05 2004,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ July 05 2004,16:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 05 2004,12:23)]Kightly goes there in his own time also.
I served him on Sat night, where i work. 3 bars of choccy he bought. Tsk!
Snickers? Dime?

I had Kightly down as a Curly Wurly chap
Cant remember to be honest, Naps. Sorry
tounge.gif

Kev, ur just jealous cos i didnt give you any
biggrin.gif

[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Whats small, black and swims in a tiny swimming pool.>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Wayne Gray

Boom Boom

yep one of my all time favourites

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ July 07 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Whats small, black and swims in a tiny swimming pool.>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>