• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
I'm after a little bit of help, and was hoping someone amongst us knows more about laptops than me.

I'm looking to get one that will be suitable for web surfing, playing the odd game (FM 2015), storing music and photos, that can have Microsoft Office installed and isn't too expensive. Ideally, I'd like to pay under £250 if possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any laptop on PC worlds site under £250 would be fine for everything but football manager, which can be a little demanding. If you kept the leagues down and stuck to 2D should be ok though.

What the ?!

Dixons Retail plc
Huge demand has meant we need to place you in a short queue.

You can access the website in: 28 minutes

Status last updated: 20:05:33

In a queue just to get on their site!? :smile:

What the ?!

Dixons Retail plc
Huge demand has meant we need to place you in a short queue.

You can access the website in: 28 minutes

Status last updated: 20:05:33

In a queue just to get on their site!? :smile:

Yeah, did it to me as well, I'm 86000th in the queue. Looks like lots of S/Zoners are trying to look at that laptop:smile:

I'm 30,000th in the queue now, being promised access to the site in 8 minutes, this is really exciting, woo hoo!

Do you really need Microsoft?

If you are tech savvy consider Linux and maybe a second hand machine.

I'm a lot more comfortable with Microsoft, as I use all of the programs with work plus I do all my Sunday league football stuff with Microsoft office programmes.

I'm a lot more comfortable with Microsoft, as I use all of the programs with work plus I do all my Sunday league football stuff with Microsoft office programmes.

If you can get a new laptop with Office installed, great, but don't dismiss Linux Open Office. It's dead easy to use, totally free to install and can accept all M/S Office data and files. https://www.openoffice.org/

Agreed. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop after the crap of Windows 8 and would never go back.

I used Ubuntu on my old machine, but my wife hated it. When I bought a new one I got Windows 7 as well...never mind...

I used Ubuntu on my old machine, but my wife hated it. When I bought a new one I got Windows 7 as well...never mind...

I love it - so quick, comes with so much pre-installed software.

I could do with Itunes working but it's not that much of an issue as I barely add to my music collection these days.

Bloody women :winking:

I love it - so quick, comes with so much pre-installed software.

I could do with Itunes working but it's not that much of an issue as I barely add to my music collection these days.

Bloody women :winking:

My wife isn't very tech savvy. My real issue was also iTunes, and also the fact that it kept dropping the connection to my networked hard drive...

Back