• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
With Bakers Bar now open till 5am at weekends (breakfast served from 3am!) I thought this might trigger a domino effect and I notice that Mayhem has now applied for one as well.

What are peoples thoughts on our licensing finally moving out of the dark ages?

personally I think it's bloody fantastic if we continue to see a few more of the main bars get late licenses. I think half the problems on a Friday/Saturday night are caused by the fact that we're all turfed out onto the streets at 2am drunk and looking for a taxi. Last Sunday I stayed in Bakers till after 2am and by the time I got to the taxi rank I'd beat the rush.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Sep. 04 2006,08:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]personally I think it's bloody fantastic

Here Here Kenny!
Agreed also.

I think that a lot of the problems in Southend is you have one main taxi rank and a few thousand people head that way all at the same time.

In my opinion just giving all of the clubs a licence till 5am will ease this. And I wouldn't say the "2am problem" will transfer till 5am either. A lot of people will traditionally leave around 2am anyway and just spread the flow of others out of the clubs as well...

Im slighty concerned that it will lead to 'slow pint drinkers'..
In the good old days of 12 till 2, then 7 till 10, on a Sunday, A whole generation was bought up slamming pints.. The mere ringing of a bell was enough to induce a craving for 2 pints in 15 minutes!! .
Seriously, I guess extended hours are a good thing and you can stay out late enough to get the 'First train' home
cool.gif

3am during the week and 4am close at weekends in Cheltenham.

Im a bit undecided about the late closing. Yeah, it's good cos the spread of people leaving will be better, but it is a bit of a pain in the arse when your in bed and can hear people screaming, laughing, p*ssed, throwing up etc whilst walking past your house. If the clubs shut earlier, would it be any different though?

There isnt much of a problem with taxi ranks, because most people never use them as we are within 10 min walking distance of the nightclubs.

I'm not sure whether 5am Reflex is an attractive proposition or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 04 2006,08:58)]I'm not sure whether 5am Reflex is an attractive proposition or not.
I'm not sure whether Reflex is an attractive proposition at all.

The talent inside certainly isnt
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 04 2006,08:58)]I'm not sure whether 5am Reflex is an attractive proposition or not.
yeah the girls that you think start to look attractive at about 10 to 2 will look like FHM cover girls by 430am!
laugh.gif

One plus point. Moving 'minger' time from 2am to 5am will at least give you the chance to see exactly what you've managed to pull as it's starting to get light at that time of the morning...in summer anyway.

No matter how drunk you are if you stagger out of a club at 5am and catch sight of the absolute moose you've got clinging to your arm, or worse still bent over chundering in the gutter, daylight is going to give you a whole new perspective on things and hopefully encourage the old boy to stay under wraps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 04 2006,09:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Sep. 04 2006,08:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]personally I think it's bloody fantastic

Here Here Kenny!
Not for the staff it ain't.
Yeah but Ken I am sure there are always staff who would welcome the extra hours work to earn a few more quid

Personally I am a massive fan,

I used to rush like a madman to get home from London....Get down my local at 8am and get hammered as much as possible between 8-11pm.

Now I can take my time coming home...The lads and have started going out at 9.30ish now and taking our time drinking till 2am.

Love it and you see a lot less trouble and you dont have kick out time like before where everyone was drunk congrigating in the street.

Long live late night drinking
wink.gif

I don't generally go out clubbing much, more of a pub man, but the couple of times I've been out in Southend since late licences, I've seen a lot less people queuing for cabs and that's got to be a good thing.

I doubt many people will stay until 5am, but it will avoid everyone leaving at the same time which is undoubtably a contributary factor to some of the town centre violence that plagues the country.

the later licensing for the pub in rayleigh has seen the demise of the pub rush that the brush used to experience at 11:10 when everyone in rayleigh desended on the club!

due to the later licenses friday nights hit about two thirds fulls, saturday on the other hand went the other way whereby it is usually full come 10:30-11:00.

as someone who works during the time when most of you get blindingly drunk i'm not sure it i'd welcome most places open longer. granted the money would be nice, but i did an 8 hour shift as a doorman this saturday, it was a killer! 5 hours is about my limit until my legs start to feel numb. but i was suffering from man flu this weekend.

Back