• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laurent has to start

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Francis Laurent surely deserves a start against Leeds on Tuesday, after a brilliantly struck goal this weekend.

Laurent and Revell? Too similar?

Laurent and Dougie?

Laurent and Barnard?

Barnard and Dougie?

I'd agree I don't know what else Tilson could have asked of him.

Hope he's our new Eastwood. He could be..... but might turn out to a Sada N'daiye (sic) - I don't ever know how these lower league foreign players will turn out....

Well at least it's the only bit of excitement to come from this weekends games. He really does seem an odd player, but if he scores I'm more then happy.

To be honest i don't think he's even 60 minutes match fit. I'd love to see him start but i think he's 2-3 games away from starting.

Would like to see him get a start soon, maybe not tomorrow but if he keeps coming on from the bench and banging em in you wont hear any complaints from me.

He's still young so he's got plenty of time to develop and I think we've got a lot more to see from him.

he must be match fit, hes played all the reserve games and trains, if he is not match fit ready then something is wrong. he must start tomrow!!!!!

if you all care to remember, I thought he should have started weeks ago after he scored and got rave reviews from his reserve game goal...i believe he's gonna be a top scorer (nothing to back this up on apart from gut feeling from reading the reports)

Laurent and Kanu for me, if Freedman is unfit..

Is Freedman back again? Would love to see Laurent & Freedman start together.

Also, is Harding back for Tuesday?

If Barnard & Freedman are fit then they're still first choice for me, but Laurent is making his case well, but if Barney & Dougie are out I hope Laurent starts.

I have heard some say that Barney and Dougs are a little too similar, so could Laurent (if he proves himself) be a starting striker with one of them?

His height and presence with a goal poacher could be deadly!

Just trying to play devils advocate here. :)

I have heard some say that Barney and Dougs are a little too similar, so could Laurent (if he proves himself) be a starting striker with one of them?

But if you have a fit Dougie and a fit Barney which one do you leave on the bench if you have Laurent in their place?

But they have shown signs of developing a real promising strike force and they are the best two strikers at the Club.

If Barney and Dougie are fit then they will be starting but Laurent is someone who can can on from the bench and win a game.

Last edited:
According to the Echo it's too soon to know whether Sawyer, Barnard or Freedman will be fit for tomorrow night. Chris Phillips didn't pull any punches in his assessment of Saturdays performance and adds his voice to the clamour on here with a headline that reads 'Shrimpers analysis: Laurent deserves a start'.

Never thought I'd hear myself say it but I agree with Chris Phillips...

Feed the frog and he will score! Feed the frog and he will score!!!

why not play with a 3 man up front system?..not tried it before Laurent got here, he could fit in just behind the front 2..might need 15 on the pitch to cover our defence tho.

Back