• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm reviewing the current half time scores in a school teacher like manner:

Me: "Womble"
Womble: Yes sir?
Me: Adequate, must concentrate harder, and I expect more from you tonight!

Me: "Shaker"
Shaker: Yes sir?
Me: Pathetic!... See me after class for detention!

Me: "Blade"
Blade: Yes sir?
Me: Room for improvement, your top of the class & I expect a lot more from you, your current score is not far off par from that disruptive Scrag "millwall" from the council estate!

Blimey!.... Maybe I should consider a career in teaching!! :smile:

That is a very good win for Oxford - it does their goal difference position a world of good.

Can't help feeling that Rochdale (who blow hot and cold) have blown cold one too many times.

And Sheffield United must be looking to go up as Champions ............. but only 20,000 there this evening. Not that many for them is that, eh?

Other than the Bury result and final score line, on the whole, i'm happy with that. Still have a 3 point cushion on Millwall.

Tad worried about Oxfords result tonight, they seem to be returning to form & scoring for fun.

Table

1. - Sheff Utd 40 32 82
2. - Bolton 39 28 75
3. - Fleetwood Town 39 19 69
4. - Scunthorpe 40 21 67
5. - Bradford 40 15 66
6. - Southend 39 13 63
7. - Millwall 39 6 60
8. - Oxford Utd 40 9 59
9. - Rochdale 39 4 57
10. - Bristol Rovers 40 -1 57

A pretty good night for us. Now for Oldham. Despite their lowly position Oldham are on a good run having lost only once in their last ten games so they won't be a pushover - they are desperate for points, after all.

But hopefully we can beat Oldham and it would be good if Millwall and Scunthorpe play out a draw. It's highly unlikely that Walsall will get anything at Bradford, but we can hope........

Table

1. - Sheff Utd 40 32 82
2. - Bolton 39 28 75
3. - Fleetwood Town 39 19 69
4. - Scunthorpe 40 21 67
5. - Bradford 40 15 66
6. - Southend 39 13 63
7. - Millwall 39 6 60
8. - Oxford Utd 40 9 59
9. - Rochdale 39 4 57
10. - Bristol Rovers 40 -1 57

Looking through all of the remaining fixtures I reckon we could finish in the top 6 with as little as 70 points, and 4th or 5th is a realistic target. Starting to look like; us, Scunny, Bradford and Fleetwood in the POs.

Out of that lot I'd prefer Scunthorpe in the Semis and Bradford in the final. On paper Fleetwood look the weakest, but I rate Uwe Rosler and that's what makes them a threat, as they don't lose many...

4 points from the next 2 and we will take a giant leap to realise the play offs.

Just doing a rough recce, Oxford can get a maximum of 77 and Millwall a maximum of 81, but they have to play each other, so this will reduce those figures down.

I'd say around 75 points will be enough for 6th place, this season, possibly less.

3 wins for us could even be enough.

Looking through all of the remaining fixtures I reckon we could finish in the top 6 with as little as 70 points, and 4th or 5th is a realistic target. Starting to look like; us, Scunny, Bradford and Fleetwood in the POs.

Out of that lot I'd prefer Scunthorpe in the Semis and Bradford in the final. On paper Fleetwood look the weakest, but I rate Uwe Rosler and that's what makes them a threat, as they don't lose many...

4 points from the next 2 and we will take a giant leap to realise the play offs.

Not sure id want Scunny in the semis....we have a shocking record at Glandford Park.

Obviously wishing we beat Oldham at the weekend, the other fixtures that would be a dream for our promotion hopes are:

Southend V Oldham (Southend win by 1 goal).... POSSIBLE

Bradford V Walsall (Bradford lose by 1 goal)..... SLIGHTLY POSSIBLE

Millwall V Scunthorpe (Scunthorpe Win) .....POSSIBLE

Those results, would move us up to 5th place (on goal difference / goals scored) and put us 6 points clear of dropping out of the pay off's with 6 games remaining. (however i'm not expecting much of a return from the Bolton game in a week's time... for me, a draw will feel like a victory).
I also think that (depending on the outcome) Oxford's home game on Wednesday next week against Fleetwood, could possibly decide who ever is closer to stealing the last 6th place spot from us.

#nervoustimes #lotsofpossibilities

However, Come Saturday evening, (slightly realistic) I would be more than happy if the Table looked like this:

(1) - Sheffield: P = 40 / PTS = 82
(2) - Bolton: P = 40 / PTS = 78
----------------------------------
(3) - Fleetwood: P = 40 / PTS = 72
(4) - Scunthorpe: P = 41 / PTS = 70
(5) - Southend: P = 40 / PTS = 66
(6) - Bradford: P = 41 / PTS = 66
----------------------------------
(7) - Rochdale: P = 40 / PTS = 60
(8) - Millwall: P = 40 / PTS = 60
(9) - Bristol R: P = 41 / PTS = 60
(10) - Oxford: P = 40 / PTS = 59