• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you heard of defend from the front?,We have forwards who huff and puff and do not close down defenders mainly because they are injured/unwell/unfit or simply cannot be arsed.

Or because theres only been one striker most of the time?

I remember having these Shrimperzone arguments about future Premier League footballer Mark Gower ten years ago. Too slow. Needs to close down more. Lazy. Why is he keeping Steven Clark out of the side?!?

Any donkey can run around a bit. Easiest thing in football.

Absolutely. Maybe get on to Drogba's agent?

Sharp, everyone used to band on about Blair Sturrock not getting enogh goals, but he was doing the role Corr is now, maybe even better, but now Corr is doing it everyone loves the style, nonsense!!

Bit harsh on Bennett, he's had a serious injury which isn't his fault.

He would be on a decent wage and was renowned for being injury prone before he joined. With a very tight budget and potential embargo could we really afford to gamble on him? This injury was very unfortunate but realistically we can't take chances.

People on this p0xy sit are more interested in playing a troll than engaging in healthy discussions. It seems if someone disagrees with an opinion, they are required to shout down and gang up on certain posters.

Most of the time, as I have said before, it is usually the same culprits :angry::angry:

Don't know why I bothered logging on

People on this p0xy sit are more interested in playing a troll than engaging in healthy discussions. It seems if someone disagrees with an opinion, they are required to shout down and gang up on certain posters.

Most of the time, as I have said before, it is usually the same culprits :angry::angry:

Don't know why I bothered logging on

It looks like a fairly healthy discussion to me.

People are allowed to disagree...

That's weird, I thought the only thing a forward should be trying to do was score goals???
Try stopping Rooney from working his arse off and closing the opposition down all over the pitch, although i've disagreed with mrsblue on other things actually they are right on this one

Sharp, everyone used to band on about Blair Sturrock not getting enogh goals, but he was doing the role Corr is now, maybe even better, but now Corr is doing it everyone loves the style, nonsense!!

We played Sturrock and Hall on the wings and Corr in the middle. We'd get the ball up to Sturrock and Hall as quickly as possible, they'd hold it up then cross it in for Corr to score.

Now we play it up to Corr who holds it up, creates space for the two wide players and then lays it off. It's a fundamentally different system.

I'm not disagreeing with your earlier post. It isn't just Corr though. It goes without saying that from 1-11 I want players who can do the job better and with more pace than the ones we currently have.

Try stopping Rooney from working his arse off and closing the opposition down all over the pitch, although i've disagreed with mrsblue on other things actually they are right on this one

I don't disagree. But according to the same people we can discount everything that a striker does other than score goals. that's the only thing that we're apparently supposed to judge them on.

Depends on their wages. I don't think either are worth breaking the bank for. Eastwood made a good start to the season and has made some promising substitute appearances since then. He still has that touch of class but the simple fact is he hasn't scored enough goals since rejoining and he's had plenty of chances. It's frustrating because we know what a talented player he is and I'm sure any League 2 club would have him. Barnard I haven't seen since he signed. It doesn't sound like he's made much of an impact but he'll still be getting back to match fitness. He's a proven goalscorer at this level and could be key next season. We shouldn't let nostalgia and sentiment get in the way though. I'd like to see Williams blooded and maybe a young striker from non-league like Jake Hyde.

And he has been criticised for doing that and for coming too deep and not being in the box enough when playing as the out and out striker.

We played Sturrock and Hall on the wings and Corr in the middle. We'd get the ball up to Sturrock and Hall as quickly as possible, they'd hold it up then cross it in for Corr to score.

Now we play it up to Corr who holds it up, creates space for the two wide players and then lays it off. It's a fundamentally different system.

I'm not disagreeing with your earlier post. It isn't just Corr though. It goes without saying that from 1-11 I want players who can do the job better and with more pace than the ones we currently have.

Would green fasto you but need to share the love around more apparently...

And he has been criticised for doing that and for coming too deep and not being in the box enough when playing as the out and out striker.
Criticised by who ? Anyone that matters ? His club obviously don't have an issue with it seeing as they've just given him a new contract worth £300k a week.

Criticised by who ? Anyone that matters ? His club obviously don't have an issue with it seeing as they've just given him a new contract worth £300k a week.

Plenty of people when he plays for England which was why he was always questioned as being able to play as a sole striker (which with RVP he doesnt with Man Utd)

Im not saying he isnt a good player, Im saying when he goes running off chasing everything and coming deep to pick up the ball he isnt doing what an out and out lone striker has to be doing, leading the line.

Plenty of people when he plays for England which was why he was always questioned as being able to play as a sole striker (which with RVP he doesnt with Man Utd)

Im not saying he isnt a good player, Im saying when he goes running off chasing everything and coming deep to pick up the ball he isnt doing what an out and out lone striker has to be doing.
Maybe you should have applied when Fergie retired seeing as you're such an expert on everything, so a world class club manager didn't have an issue with it but you do :hilarious:

Maybe you should have applied when Fergie retired seeing as you're such an expert on everything, so a world class club manager didn't have an issue with it but you do :hilarious:

Add the fact Rooney will no doubt become England's greatest goal scorer..Not bad for a bloke who works his socks off in closing down defenders.

Sorry, wasnt it you that brought him into the discussion, how comes you are enough of an expert to use him as an example but Im not qualified to ?

It was an opinion portrayed by experts regarding his ability to play as an out and out striker which seeing as that is what is being discussed I thought fairly relevant.

Add the fact Rooney will no doubt become England's greatest goal scorer..Not bad for a bloke who works his socks off in closing down defenders.

The closing down defenders part is fair enough, the point I was making was regarding coming deep which as the sole striker you cant do.

Funnily enough he has only scored once in 7 games, the same as Barry Corr, youd think he must be contracted to play after such poor form.:whistling:

Back