• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is that even an option? Is he not just here to get fitness? Once fit, he won't want to be playing L2 football for tin pot money

Very possible.

He is never going to get anywhere near what Southampton gave him and he would be fortunate to get a League One club to pay much more than we would, plus we are local for him

Barnard is at the crossroads of his career.He simply has not played many games over the last 2 and a bit year's for whatever reason and it shows in his play now.None of us know if he is mentally up for the challenge or indeed want's to go through daily training routines to get himself in peak condition.

4-5-1 worked well. then changed it which resulted In failings. this has eroded confidence so even if we went back to 4-5-1 it'll take time to work again because confidence needs recvering. should never ditch something which works. ether phil is trying to play the tactical genius card or has been said already, ron's been meddling.

We'd won one in four prior to changing from 4-5-1.

We'd won one in four prior to changing from 4-5-1.

Indeed. As Phil Brown said after the game its not systems that win you games.

Personally I would revert to 451 because it gets the best out of the players we have.

Indeed. As Phil Brown said after the game its not systems that win you games.

Personally I would revert to 451 because it gets the best out of the players we have.

I agree it is 4-5-1 we need to revert back to but when Northampton play much wide football we should not have played a narrow defence. Also accept there wasn't a lot Phil could do but for me it shouldn't have been what he went with. 4-4-2 should have been kept to for although it hasn't brought about much joy the players were at least familiar with it.

Am rolling up! The tactical nouse of SZ contributors!
I don't care what system we play. If we create a chance for our forwards.. Will they score??? Currently the answer is NO.
We need strikers that when the opportunity presents itself - more often than not ..SCORE! Corr & Eastwood don't.
Barney? Not really had opportunities.

Am rolling up! The tactical nouse of SZ contributors!
I don't care what system we play. If we create a chance for our forwards.. Will they score??? Currently the answer is NO.
We need strikers that when the opportunity presents itself - more often than not ..SCORE! Corr & Eastwood don't.
Barney? Not really had opportunities.

you must be easily pleased then.

Whatever way a team plays it is called a formation/system. I happen to think the one we had when on a good run is what we should go back to.

Agree with a lot of what's been said on here already to be honest, especially Freddy on a pay as you play deal whilst also doing some coaching with the likes of Jason Williams and Njie. We saw from his first spell that he's got natural ability as a striker which would be great to try and impart to the younger forwards.

As for Barney, I don't think any of us are in a position to make a call. We've all seen him and all know he's well below par and well below what he's capable of, but the only person who can make a judgement is Brown. He sees him in training every day, sees his work rate and I'm sure he's had some lengthy chats with him. If Brown feels that Barney is motivated enough and fit enough to get back to full match sharpness then I'd say lets gamble and get him on a 1 year deal with an option of a second. If Brown has question marks over his attitude or desire to work his arse off to get fit, then let him go.

I'm all for bringing club legends back to a club they love and are loved by the massses, but if they aren't going to cut the mustard then save the wages and get someone in who will contribute more. I love Freddy and Barney but I hope Brown is ruthless and thinks of the bigger picture.

Not seen enough from Barney to warrant an offer of a contract as yet, whereas Freddy still looks to have something about him whenever he comes on. He still causes panic in opposition defences and he still knows where the goal is which is more than some seem to.
[\b]
And where do people get the ridiculous idea he's on £2k a week? Absolute balderdash!

Pay as you play deal for Freddy, with some developing the youth forwards to justify a wage of some kind.

Sorry, but I cannot agree. When Freddy comes on, he holds the ball for far too long, which disrupts our fast passing style, rarely plays the simple pass, and if he 'knows where the goal is', why the hell doesn't he stick the ball into, instead of scuffing all his shots?

Sorry, but I cannot agree. When Freddy comes on, he holds the ball for far too long, which disrupts our fast passing style, rarely plays the simple pass, and if he 'knows where the goal is', why the hell doesn't he stick the ball into, instead of scuffing all his shots?

Shhhhhhhh don't mention he has not scored since October 12th:winking:

Totally agree with all of this. I thought I was the only one that thought this

Your not the only one, Just cant be arsed to cross swords with people who think they know it all because of the amount of posts they have done................

Oooh touchy - we're all entitled to our opinions, the thread asked a question therefore we're all perfectly able to answer and share our opinion, regardless the number of posts we have made!

Your not the only one, Just cant be arsed to cross swords with people who think they know it all because of the amount of posts they have done................

Dont be bashful, its a discussion forum its what its there for.

Oooh touchy - we're all entitled to our opinions, the thread asked a question therefore we're all perfectly able to answer and share our opinion, regardless the number of posts we have made!

not touchy at all..........Oooh touchy one of many posts..................................

In life its good to have your own opinion, just be aware to listen to peoples advice then realise you were right all along. Stay strong and as long as not abusive,racist or sexist then post away.
(a little bit of sexism doesn't harm though oooh arrr missus :winking:

Back