• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OttoTheShrimp

Just got back from the game and although gutted at the result, I came away with a few positives and one being Barnards introduction in the game mid-way into the second half.

What was everyones thoughts.....?

IMHO I think considering he's been at the club all of 5mins he seemed to be able to read the game really well added with a few nice touches and either Barnsley's back four were very slow or contrary to reports on here seemed to have some pace as well.

Also without getting carried away anyone think he's the same mold of a certain Mr Eastwood?

Also hats of to a great Roots Hall welcome for him, nearly brought a tear to my eye :D

Very impressed with his short spell on the pitch, chased everything, showed some nice touches, good vision and held the ball up when needed.

This lad will be something special given time..

Yeah the lad done well when he came on and glad he got a good reception after alot of people on here getting on his back before the deal was announced.

Still mystified about the delay in his transfer being announced as i found out last sunday morning he had signed :D

i thought beforehand he should have started. let him have 60 mins or so, rather than bring him off the bench.

I hate to say it, but when I saw him playing he reminded me a little of Foran! Maybe it was the hair and the way he walked - don't know! He did, however, look much stronger and determined so I'm hopeful we got ourselves a good deal and he can go on and become another Southend legend, maybe not in the mould of Freddy, I think there'll only ever be one Freddy, but in his own right.

he came out and wanted to play, ran his socks off and did ok. had nothing to work. clearly needs a partner maybe even charlie mac would do well with him. he's got to start against leeds.

yeah I thought similar to be honest. I also remember saying how good Foran was after his debut at Stoke!!

Funnily enough I said the same! Let's hope it's not a case of history repeating itself, surely we're due a break in our quest for a decent striker!

I was quite impressed with Lee's contribution, while I wasn't initially over excited by the signing when it was first proposed his goal scoring records in Tottenham's reserve side is fantastic 38 in 40 or something upto the start of this year.

Looked to have good control and worked hard and showed no fear bustling the Barnsley back line.

I think he should start Tuesday against Dirty Leeds.

Very impressed with his short spell on the pitch, chased everything, showed some nice touches, good vision and held the ball up when needed.

This lad will be something special given time..
Exactly my thoughts. He works his nuts off, had no real service last night yet still managed to barge his way onto the ball numerous times, looked very quick once he got going, won quite a few headers against a big Barnsley team and hit the bottom corner in the shooting practice regularly.

If he puts that amount of effort into all his games, he'll be my favourite player in no time.

just read the BBC site (transfer section), that states his move is a loan. Is that true? i thought we had signed him?..

thats what i thought..but you never know if youre being told the truth, sometimes...cheers guys. Lets hope he starts banging in the goals soon.

Back