• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds fans in the home end -

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
2 years ago in block V or W I was celebrating our goal when | noticed the two big fellas sat in front of me were sat still looking fed up -

I admit from there on I did enjoy a bit of goading - (what would Revie say - not exactly Billy Bremner is he etc) but they took it all in a surly quiet way and left ten minutes before the end looking like they had a really terrible evening -

but I wonder whether I should have called a steward and got them out - which goes against the grain as its a bit like snitching - but there again it might avoid the unpleasantness that happened with Leicester -

so if tonight i find myself next to northerners what do you advise ?

It happened a couple of seasons back.

A group of 4 or 5 Leeds were "sniffed out" and given a shoeing out the back of the West stand, before the stewards moved in and carried them out.

I know there are a few in the home end tonight, not sure there will be huge numbers but certainly one or two

I would hope that in 2009 you would be able to let someone watch there team without resulting to grassing or violence... If there doing no harm surely you can let them be, if there mouthing off then let the stewards do their jobs. And before its mentioned there are two stands you could sit in at Elland Road now without being maimed as an away fan

stewards at southend aren't exactly known for their doing their job to the best of their ability. scared students in the east black springs to mind.

I know there are a few in the home end tonight, not sure there will be huge numbers but certainly one or two

I would hope that in 2009 you would be able to let someone watch there team without resulting to grassing or violence... If there doing no harm surely you can let them be, if there mouthing off then let the stewards do their jobs. And before its mentioned there are two stands you could sit in at Elland Road now without being maimed as an away fan

I agree, I have sat in a home stand as an away fan and found it very enjoyable.

At rugby games this happens all the time and they have such good banter about it. I went to Twickenham to watch the edf cup final, on the day four big teams played, no trouble what so ever and all the fans were mixed and they all enjoyed a few drinks, great game, great banter and a great day out. I wish football could be like this.

where do you draw the line tho

Once a season i bring my girlfriend to the Southend v Carlisle game because that is her team, since she was born there. Should she be given a shoeing or thrown out because she is in the wrong end, or should two people be allowed to watch football with each other

I agree, I have sat in a home stand as an away fan and found it very enjoyable.

At rugby games this happens all the time and they have such good banter about it. I went to Twickenham to watch the edf cup final, on the day four big teams played, no trouble what so ever and all the fans were mixed and they all enjoyed a few drinks, great game, great banter and a great day out. I wish football could be like this.

I went to Twickenham for the rugby sevens, wasn't full up at all, only the lower tier open. And the atmosphere was amazing! And it was just non stop drinking :)

where do you draw the line tho

Once a season i bring my girlfriend to the Southend v Carlisle game because that is her team, since she was born there. Should she be given a shoeing or thrown out because she is in the wrong end, or should two people be allowed to watch football with each other

Your lovely lady can stay, but you should be thrown out !

can't stand all that bollox about Rugby - cheating *******s - filthy violent game - full on ten man brawls with beefy punches and no-one gets sent off - (actually sounds like agood watch but all the hypocrisy just cos they don't say boo to the ref )

If they are just sitting there what's the harm? Only draw attention to them if they are being provocative in some way.

II would hope that in 2009 you would be able to let someone watch there team without resulting to grassing or violence

Dont be so daft, its a liberty for away fans to be in the home end. We know that, they know that. If they want to risk it then its up to them but I hope they dont get an easy ride.

2 years ago in block V or W I was celebrating our goal when | noticed the two big fellas sat in front of me were sat still looking fed up -

I admit from there on I did enjoy a bit of goading - (what would Revie say - not exactly Billy Bremner is he etc) but they took it all in a surly quiet way and left ten minutes before the end looking like they had a really terrible evening -

but I wonder whether I should have called a steward and got them out - which goes against the grain as its a bit like snitching - but there again it might avoid the unpleasantness that happened with Leicester -

so if tonight i find myself next to northerners what do you advise ?

You dont get paid enough to deal with that kind of ****, thats down to the orange jackets.

Thats true there are security and stewards at the match. Its not our job to jump in and stop fights. Its our job to report any trouble, ensure the carparking is done correctly, the turnstiles and man the gates to the pitch.

I'll be in the home stand with my brother-in-law and nephew (Brighton fans) next weekend - but only because they won't lend me the Hubble Space Telescope so I can see the goal at the opposite end of the ground from the away end at the Withdean!

Back