• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

On saturday i thought i should check out Sheffield United as they are only a few mins away... tickets were a tenner and my mate who is a big QPR fan was coming up for it too.

I really enjoyed the match, and it made me a bit sad we weren't still up there mixing it with those kinds of clubs.

Firstly, the atmosphere was incredible, we were sat in the kop and I definitely reckon that with FF we should look to have the blue voice or whatever at the opposite end to the away fans (or if they are in a corner then have both goals as singing areas). Instead of spending all game goading the opponents they sang up loud and proud and it's the first time in quite a while i've had shivers down my spine at a footie match.

I think the blue voice is a really good idea, but i think it's important to observe how other clubs have made a great atmosphere.

Also to note, they really supported every player out there, Billy Sharp had a bit of a 'mare, as did Lee Hendrie but they stuck by them and in the 2nd half they were both quality... .you could really see the effect that the crowd had on the players and it made me feel sad that often we see our players get worse as the game goes on, and we've all got to take a bit of responsibility for that.

Also tactically, Bryan Robson made some interesting subs (keith gillespie came on at right back) which definitely caused me to raise an eyebrow... but it worked a treat and although Robson might not be the best manager, you can't deny he has got a pair of balls and will stick to his game.

I hope to get to some more game as well as a Sheffield Wednesday match. I think it's important that if we're to plan for the future, especially in FF, then we need to observe how other teams have created successful atmospheres... instead of crap ones in new grounds.

Up the blues!

You clearly haven't learnt from us with your FF designs. Where are the flats in every corner?

Great post pubes, and certainly plenty for the RH faithful to think about.

I've also thought that all the fans that travel to the away games and make lots of noise should all sit together in the Lego Stand, and you prove the point.

I'm afraid the days of the North Bank singing the name of each player in turn have long since gone. Now it's "break Freddy's 7.7 second record or we boo you".

and the ones you are building backing onto the stands....:eek:

Them too. What's the point of a football ground if it's not hemmed in on all sides by social housing? That's why the Hall is alright at the moment.

Them too. What's the point of a football ground if it's not hemmed in on all sides by social housing? That's why the Hall is alright at the moment.

Ah, the good old spam sandwich brigade watching from their balconies. It should be a feature of any ground.

Ah, the good old spam sandwich brigade watching from their balconies. It should be a feature of any ground.

that luxury is only for the top floor penthouse suites which rise above the stand.....the rest just get a car park to look over and the sound of fans every other saturday...:thump:

that luxury is only for the top floor penthouse suites which rise above the stand.....the rest just get a car park to look over and the sound of fans every other saturday...:thump:

To be fair, the luxury flats are the ones with no view of the pitch whatsoever.

We will have both ends of FF, the away fans will be tucked away in the corner.

When the stadium plans are approved, The Blue Voice will play a major part in asking for fans opinions on what they want implemented at FF.

Andprobably that number of managers in the time tilly hasbeen with us!
Very nearly! Real Madrid managers since Tilson has been in charge at Southend:

Carlos Queiroz
Jose Antonio Camacho
Mariano Garcia Remon
Vanderlei Luxemburgo
Juan Ramon Lopez Caro
Fabio Capello
Bernd Schuster

The atmosphere should be good at a match with a 29,000 crowd. The Kop at Sheffield United has always been the traditional home end of the ground and even when they have had some smaller crowds over the years virtually everyone went in the Kop end.

There are plans to replace the Kop end with a two tier stand which will increase capacity by 4,000 but there is a risk that it may not help the atmosphere.

I doubt we will ever create as much noise as some of these clubs. But if we move to FF lets hope all the fans that want to make some noise all sit together, which as you say will be better if it is at one end of the ground opposite the away fans & not next to them. We would not have enough fans to create an atmosphere like at Southampton, Swansea & Sunderland where the home fans sit either side of the away fans.

I noticed on another thread that Yeovil fans thought Roots Hall was very quiet and to think it's usually worse than that!! We can blame the design of Roots Hall, but the main reason we do not create a good atmosphere is because all our fans that want to sing sit all over the place.

yeah but - the north bank projects sound out acrooss the pitch and around the east and west -

the west noise from the west is muffled by the thickly padded bodies sitting in it - (noisier when empty as everyone notices) and the east is the east -

the north bank is the heart of Roots Hall and thats why we used to stand there

yeah but - the north bank projects sound out acrooss the pitch and around the east and west -

the west noise from the west is muffled by the thickly padded bodies sitting in it - (noisier when empty as everyone notices) and the east is the east -

the north bank is the heart of Roots Hall and thats why we used to stand there

But I don't think it does. That barrel roof bounces the sound around inside the stand but not much gets out. That's why tiny away followings still go home convinced that they have outsung us. And for the same reason it was a great stand for the home fans because we could get a fantastic atmosphere going - but very little of that atmosphere could be heard outside the Bank.

Back