• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Levi Bellfield

mrsblue

Banned
This sorry excuse for a man has been awarded £4500 in compensation for being attacked in jail!

The judge should be locked up for awarding it.

Disgraceful all round,And Bellfield should suffer 24/7 for his hideous crimes.

This sorry excuse for a man has been awarded £4500 in compensation for being attacked in jail!

Why, what happened?

This was the guy responsible for the murder of Milly Dowler amongst others, right? Bound to be down to insufficient and inadequate staffing numbers in Wakefield prison, where the incident took place.

Criminal system is ridiculous in allowing "compensation" in these circumstances, the report I read said he suffered only minor cuts.

This was the guy responsible for the murder of Milly Dowler amongst others, right? Bound to be down to insufficient and inadequate staffing numbers in Wakefield prison, where the incident took place.

Criminal system is ridiculous in allowing "compensation" in these circumstances, the report I read said he suffered only minor cuts.

And will now no doubt allow more people to put claims in for money they don't deserve and us the tax payer has to pay!

Daily Mail anger aside, are you saying that, in cases of assault in prisons, the judge should just look at who's been attacked, cross-reference it against the crime originally committed and then make a judgment as to whether it was alright?

Given that Bellfield was sentenced for two counts of imprisonment with a no-release recommendation, he's hardly going to be waltzing down the Kings Road spending his payout!

Out of curiosity, what was the judge supposed to do? And what about if Bellfield had assaulted another prisoner - say, someone convicted of insurance fraud for instance?

Daily Mail anger aside, are you saying that, in cases of assault in prisons, the judge should just look at who's been attacked, cross-reference it against the crime originally committed and then make a judgment as to whether it was alright?

Given that Bellfield was sentenced for two counts of imprisonment with a no-release recommendation, he's hardly going to be waltzing down the Kings Road spending his payout!

Out of curiosity, what was the judge supposed to do? And what about if Bellfield had assaulted another prisoner - say, someone convicted of insurance fraud for instance?

The compensation culture goes beyond the pale when convicted murderers are able to claim amounts which the average person can only dream about.

Bellfield committed his crimes so should pay the price whether assaulted or not,After all he was an ex bouncer so should be capable of looking after himself.

The compensation culture goes beyond the pale when convicted murderers are able to claim amounts which the average person can only dream about.

Bellfield committed his crimes so should pay the price whether assaulted or not,After all he was an ex bouncer so should be capable of looking after himself.

What about the last question I asked? Or the first one for that matter?

Maybe even the second one too...? :winking:

Once inside I think you must lose every right!

Can't do the time don't do the crime.

So Bellfield, jailed for murder, would be free to indulge himself further and kill any other prisoner, any time if the mood took him? He could throw in the odd bit of sexual assault too, right? After all...

So Bellfield, jailed for murder, would be free to indulge himself further and kill any other prisoner, any time if the mood took him? He could throw in the odd bit of sexual assault too, right? After all...

If he inflicts it onto another murderer or vice versa,So be it,They have no sympathy from me.

Put it another way,

The taxman personally informs you your income tax will pay for his compensation..Would you be happy?

Put it another way,

The taxman personally informs you your income tax will pay for his compensation..Would you be happy?

Let's just pretend for a moment that I agreed with your stance on this so much that I refused to pay that tax and squirreled it away somewhere out of principle. When I was ultimately jailed as a result of this tax stance, would I then be fair game for any jailed murderer to kill should they so wish under your proposition?

Let's just pretend for a moment that I agreed with your stance on this so much that I refused to pay that tax and squirreled it away somewhere out of principle. When I was ultimately jailed as a result of this tax stance, would I then be fair game for any jailed murderer to kill should they so wish under your proposition?

Once you break the law you know the consequences of your foolish actions,So whatever happens it's ultimately your own fault.

Once you break the law you know the consequences of your foolish actions,So whatever happens it's ultimately your own fault.

Out of further curiosity, any exceptions, or all ALL prisoners fair game?

And should we supply ammunition or weaponry of any kind to reduce the prison populations more quickly?

And should we supply ammunition or weaponry of any kind to reduce the prison populations more quickly?

How much is the total annual cost for prisoners?Several billion?,With the majority reoffending to begin the cycle again,There must be a better way of squandering taxpayers money,What that is I don't know but it to me seems a waste of money which could be better used for hospitals ,schools, police ,armed forces,homeless people.

I don't know the answers yet giving the likes of Bellfield 4.5 k is taking the wee wee.

Maybe we should build a Colosseum. It could catch on...

Maybe we should build a Colosseum. It could catch on...

What a wonderful idea,I like it!

It would make millions,Imagine they could arrange league fixtures..Rapists v Nonces with the victors meeting mass killers in the final..The eventual champions to be hung drawn and quartered in public..Has my vote:smile:

What a wonderful idea,I like it!

It would make millions,Imagine they could arrange league fixtures..Rapists v Nonces with the victors meeting mass killers in the final..The eventual champions to be hung drawn and quartered in public..Has my vote:smile:
Sounds good to me

Back