• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Holidays soon (can't wait) and then I will be undertaking a serious lifestyle change.

This year has been a year of drama for me and unfortunately, I haven't eaten anywhere near as healthily this year as I would like due to a lack of time, quite a lot of convenience food and the pounds have therefore piled on. Over the last few weeks I have discovered that last years summer clothes are completely out of the question and I'm not all that far away from where I was before I shed 5 stone on Lighterlife 7 years ago. That now scares and annoys me, so I've had enough!

Therefore, when I come back from my hols (15th August) it'll be all systems go. I'll be blogging it (What's that? Here we go again?) and would love to have some people to do it with me. It'll aim to be a much healthier way of life and the aim is to lose a load of weight (yes, again). It's not a fad thing, just purely healthy. I'll set up the blog, twitter page and will share the recipes. Those who know me will be aware that time is not something I have a ton of, so you can rest assured that this isn't going to involve hours in the kitchen.

Who's with me? Register your interest and I'll let you know what's needed. The countdown has begun. 25 days to go until launch.

I'd love to lose a few pounds but have no recipe ideas whatsoever. I am trying to get some info together on no carb days etc and I have running shoes at the ready to do some walking/short sprints lamp post style. My trouble is i like full fat coke too much. I've cut down loads on it as well as less chocolate and crisps but the temptation is always there.

My dad has really put on weight to the extreme was really very ill recently and seeing him that ill made me realise I have to look after myself a bit better.

Im interested. My wardrobe, like yours apparently, has a damp issue causing all my clothes to shrink, oddly around the tummy. Very odd.

Cant afford to buy new clothes so guess I can try to shed a few pounds.

Lost a stone beginning of the year (aided by a week long bug) but recently lost my way again...

I am however not interested in the gym or running. Walking however is very much enjoyed when I can motiviate myself to get off my fat arse...

I've been trying to change for past few months, but had a fair amount of things that have interrupted it. Now I've got no distractions or excuses for the next few months so it will be all out for me.

My goals are different though, I'm 10 stone and 6 foot so as you can guess my body fat % is low and so is my muscle mass. I'm hoping to do the opposite to you, gain weight and more specifically muscle mass, so my recipes may differ slightly to yours.

If it doesn't matter that my goals are different to yours, then I'll be interested.

I'd love to lose a few pounds but have no recipe ideas whatsoever.

Shameless plug, a friend of mine is soon to release an app called Mealmate which will be a simple way of allowing people to share their own recipes.

As for me, I don't cook so am dependant on what the wife does for dinner. She has been desperately trying to get me out of the habit of eating white bread with every meal and has been doing a lot of salads and ye I could do with losing at least a stone preferably without having to sacrifice beer, so if that's do-able I'm interested.

Shameless plug, a friend of mine is soon to release an app called Mealmate which will be a simple way of allowing people to share their own recipes.

As for me, I don't cook so am dependant on what the wife does for dinner. She has been desperately trying to get me out of the habit of eating white bread with every meal and has been doing a lot of salads and ye I could do with losing at least a stone preferably without having to sacrifice beer, so if that's do-able I'm interested.

I've virtually given up eating bread recently and pork pies, sausage rolls etc. Also rarely eat rice, pasta and potatoes and have stopped having sugar aswell feel much better for it. I'm eating alot of fruit and vegetables now.

Ive been on a low carb diet, not to be confused with no carb Atkin's type diets, for 8 weeks & have shifted 20 pounds. I combine it with cycling to work, a 15 mile round journey weather permitting.

Its boring & restrictive although if I had the time I could make it a tad more interesting, but results speak for themselves.

Good luck in whatever you try..:thumbsup:

I've been eating a lot healthier for the last couple of years now and decided to stop eating crisps completely due to the damage they do to your teeth and don't miss them at all. In all I've dropped nearly 2 stone and have gone from a 36" waist to a 34". I also do a 100 press ups every two days (5 sets of 20) which has really helped to build upper body muscle, it takes a while to be able to do that amount as I could barely do 5 at the start but it becomes fairly easy following if you follow this blokes guide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0lK3b7zhA

Going to the gym doesn't really interest me so I decided to try the above, coupled with a lot of walking which I already did anyway and I'm pleased with my current progress. You just have to be careful to not slip back into bad habits.

Count me in. I could do with losing 2 stone. Really need to cut down on the beer and do a bit more exercise in the week. I don't look particularly overweight but being 6ft 2 it's quite easy to disguise!

Count me in. I could do with losing 2 stone. Really need to cut down on the beer and do a bit more exercise in the week. I don't look particularly overweight but being 6ft 2 it's quite easy to disguise!

6'3, and gone from 15 stone 5 to 13 stone 7 in 6 months. Not even had to cut down on the beer, just worked bloody hard!

tell you one thing, you really notice the weight loss when you start doing anything physical. Recently climbed Snowdon, and felt i could've gone straight back and done it again!

6'3, and gone from 15 stone 5 to 13 stone 7 in 6 months. Not even had to cut down on the beer, just worked bloody hard!

tell you one thing, you really notice the weight loss when you start doing anything physical. Recently climbed Snowdon, and felt i could've gone straight back and done it again!

Over the past 5 years my weight has yo-yoed between 13.5 and 15 stone. I'm nearly touching 15 at the moment, and want to get down to 13 and make sure I keep on top of it and keep it below 13.5. I think that's the right weight for my frame. I enjoy playing football and running and agree that it makes a noticeable difference when doing exercise.

XL Polo shirts seem to help with this.

I take an extra medium.

I am 6'2" and tip the scales at 15 stone however I wear a sov on each finger which must be good for half a stone.

I have just moved 22 mins from Benfleet station so am hoping the extra 40 mins walk a day will shift a bit of timber.

I am about to embark on a new role as a self employed contractor and want to combine this with losing weight, drinking less and getting more and better quality sleep.

I am in. What do I have to do?

Back