• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plenty of diets work, it just depends what you're looking to achieve.

No they don't. Fact.

The majority may lose weight in the short term, but after 2 years you will weight the same, if not heavier, then you did when you started. If you watched the programme on BBC2, there's plenty of medical evidence to prove this.

Changing what you eat permanently and exercising a few times a week will work.

No they don't. Fact.

The majority may lose weight in the short term, but after 2 years you will weight the same, if not heavier, then you did when you started. If you watched the programme on BBC2, there's plenty of medical evidence to prove this.

The last line is without doubt true, but its where people go wrong, myself included in the past.

I was never a fan of any 'diets' until a mate at work was put on what is basically the Atkins diet by his doctor. A big guy a 6' 3" & 21 stone, he lost 17lb in his first two weeks. Then fortnightly his doctor would allow very low carb foods to be re-introduced back into his diet. Three months into this and he is now three and a half stone lighter. I did a bit of research into this and decided rather than no carb I'd try eating a low carb diet, the result is 30 pounds lost in 13 weeks, but some of this loss will down to some cycling I do, although I don't do huge amounts.

The challenge now is to get a bit more off so I look ok in the budgie smugglers in Fuerteventura in October, then to keep it off. My weight has yo-yo'd all the time since I stopped playing footy in my late 20's, but I'm determined to get it right this time.

A couple of years ago lost a stone and a bit by cutting out biscuits, going to the gym/swimming 3 times a week, stopped drinking alchohol in the week unless on holiday (or watching an England game with Rob Noxious) - maintained the lower level quite easily (also cut out dairy products - but that was more to do with cholesterol levels - also stopped having salt on meals)

No they don't. Fact.

Did you read my post?

Diets help short term goals. There are dozens of medical diets which work in doing what they set out to achieve. If you're overweight for an operation, for example, you'll be asked to undertake a diet to shift some weight before you can have it. If you're overweight, you'll be put onto a low calorie diet etc etc.

A diet to lose weight is fine, but the goal then changes to maintaining that weight. Long term health requires long term changes to your eating and exercise habits, because, as you rightly say, many diets are hard to sustain in the long run.

Did you read my post?

Diets help short term goals. There are dozens of medical diets which work in doing what they set out to achieve. If you're overweight for an operation, for example, you'll be asked to undertake a diet to shift some weight before you can have it. If you're overweight, you'll be put onto a low calorie diet etc etc.

A diet to lose weight is fine, but the goal then changes to maintaining that weight. Long term health requires long term changes to your eating and exercise habits, because, as you rightly say, many diets are hard to sustain in the long run.

Yes: Plenty of diets work, it just depends what you're looking to achieve.

Wasting your time and money and kidding yourself?

The wife has dropped 4 kilos in two weeks by juicing breakfast and lunch and eating a evening meal with us and also walking in the morning and swimming in the lac at night.
Its not been too hard for her and she is feeling good

Whats the difference between juicing all these vegetables rather than eating them normally?

I believe it is about breaking down the cells of the vegetables to make it easier and quicker for the body to absorb the nutrients.

My wife has found most of Joes green recipes to be vile and just makes her juices up as she goes along,today she is 72.8 so still dropping.

That's just cruel the girls having Chinese takeaway so early into it! Well done for resisting the temptation, not so sure I could've avoided it!

That's just cruel the girls having Chinese takeaway so early into it! Well done for resisting the temptation, not so sure I could've avoided it!

Facing my demons. Spring roll, I laugh in your face... Mwah hah hah ha, mwah ha ha...

(And it would have been SO NICE as well! Best. Chinese. Ever.)

Back