• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keep going - it will be worth it in the end.
Since I have been exercising I feel so much better physically. I am more alert and have much more energy and I am now able to push myself that little bit extra each time I go to the gym.
BUT
best of all I feel good in myself

Top work. Hope to be starting this soon, not with the aim to lose weight but just becoming healthier.

Out of curiosity, what juicer do you use?

Good question Chappers.

Also, how much of an effort is the prep and cleaning up?

I played football today and run. A bit. Getting a blister on each toe was a tad uncomfy. Em's had great fun popping them :thumbdown:

Good question Chappers.

Also, how much of an effort is the prep and cleaning up?

My juicer is ok when it works - Cook Works - but it has started playing up and it was going to be the subject of todays blog. I need a new one but so many places have sold out. There is a new Phillips one coming out later this month I may wait for. Don't get a cheap one - it doesn't extract enough juice and hasn't got the guts to juice whole fruit and the motor will burn out. A decent one costing around £100 - £140 should last for years.

As for cleaning, not too bad if you do it immediately and before the pulp has a chance to dry. I can do a juice including all the washing up in less than 15 minutes.

But the prep for the food on the detox plan... yes, that's a lot of work. But the juices and smoothies are much easier.

Bloody hell Mark! A stone in 4 days? That's remarkable! I was going to say I didn't know if I could justify spending over £100 on a juicer but with results like that, it's hard to ignore the physical evidence! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Potentially thinking about bringing it forward a week to get this "detox" period out of the way before going back to school - what do you think?

Bloody hell Mark! A stone in 4 days? That's remarkable! I was going to say I didn't know if I could justify spending over £100 on a juicer but with results like that, it's hard to ignore the physical evidence! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Potentially thinking about bringing it forward a week to get this "detox" period out of the way before going back to school - what do you think?

Absolutely - you won't have time for the detox thing when you're at school. Make sure you either have or buy a large flask too.

My thoughts are that i am not an advocate of diets. Change the type and volume of food intake, don't count calories and exercise much more than you do today. A walk is exercise. Food intake shouldn't be depriving you of anything. Unless of course you are currently doing 5000cals a day, every day and a couch potato. Also weigh weekly rather than daily which means one bad day doesn't make the next one a starve in compensation.

Diets are great until you want to stop them. I've lost weight due to no car and being in HK much less dairy, red meat and healthier bread options. Most of the food isn't processed and full of unnecessary crap. I probably eat something fried at least twice a week. I do not suffer or deprive myself of anything I enjoy including fish and chip dinners with a pint of three of Guinness.

Each to their own, of course, and the very best of luck. .

My juicer is ok when it works - Cook Works - but it has started playing up and it was going to be the subject of todays blog. I need a new one but so many places have sold out. There is a new Phillips one coming out later this month I may wait for. Don't get a cheap one - it doesn't extract enough juice and hasn't got the guts to juice whole fruit and the motor will burn out. A decent one costing around £100 - £140 should last for years.

As for cleaning, not too bad if you do it immediately and before the pulp has a chance to dry. I can do a juice including all the washing up in less than 15 minutes.

But the prep for the food on the detox plan... yes, that's a lot of work. But the juices and smoothies are much easier.

Thanks. I got a smallish blender a few months ago as I wanted to start making smoothies. It's called a Magic Bullet from JML and it's pretty powerful for a small thing, it can destroy almonds in about 5-10 seconds. It also has a juicer attachment which I haven't tried yet, but I'll let you know if it does any good.

Will be knicking a few recipes for juicing off your blog to test it out.

Juicer ordered from Amazon, very few to be found in the shops or online at the stores. Went for the following model, Philips HR 1861, which seems to have fairly good recommendations, cost £86.

Back