• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All credit to fbm who has done brilliantly. I've decided it's not really for me, my (female) body type definitely doesn't respond in the same way as fbm's (male) one, and although I am losing inches and I do feel loads more alert and am sleeping better, the weight is proving a lot more stubborn to shift. So I'm looking at a longer term plan, taking the principles and healthy eating side of this, juicing for breakfast, lunch and mid afternoon, but having soup, salad or stir fry veg in the evening with a little fish or chicken on alternate days. I'm far too weak to do no alcohol as well so I'm going to allow myself a bottle of wine at the weekend. No point in being miserable!

All credit to fbm who has done brilliantly. I've decided it's not really for me, my (female) body type definitely doesn't respond in the same way as fbm's (male) one, and although I am losing inches and I do feel loads more alert and am sleeping better, the weight is proving a lot more stubborn to shift. So I'm looking at a longer term plan, taking the principles and healthy eating side of this, juicing for breakfast, lunch and mid afternoon, but having soup, salad or stir fry veg in the evening with a little fish or chicken on alternate days. I'm far too weak to do no alcohol as well so I'm going to allow myself a bottle of wine at the weekend. No point in being miserable!

Kay, I said you are more than welcome to come to the gym with me. I know you said you don't like exercise but neither did I till I tried it and now I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have managed to lose 16lbs in total and have dropped a dress size. I have also noticed that I am more toned and have even found muscles in my arm :smile:
With the exercising I can still eat what I enjoy. I have bags more energy and feel very alert throughout the day.
Don't try any of these fad pills etc and speeding up your metabolism is just an old wives tale. The only time it will help is if you have thyroid problems.

Kay, I said you are more than welcome to come to the gym with me. I know you said you don't like exercise but neither did I till I tried it and now I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have managed to lose 16lbs in total and have dropped a dress size. I have also noticed that I am more toned and have even found muscles in my arm :smile:
With the exercising I can still eat what I enjoy. I have bags more energy and feel very alert throughout the day.
Don't try any of these fad pills etc and speeding up your metabolism is just an old wives tale. The only time it will help is if you have thyroid problems.
Which I do! Am on 150/175 micrograms of thyroxin on alternate days.

And that's why I am so frustrated - I only have to look at food to put weight on!

Having a wobble is no biggie,you are on the right track and are/have re-educated your body and eating habbits and you are looking fit in a non gay way in your picture.
Keep it up because you are the one that gets the most out of all the hard work.
My wife hit 70.9 this morning,first time she has been that low in 15 years,good luck everyone.

Having a wobble is no biggie,you are on the right track and are/have re-educated your body and eating habbits and you are looking fit in a non gay way in your picture.
Keep it up because you are the one that gets the most out of all the hard work.
My wife hit 70.9 this morning,first time she has been that low in 15 years,good luck everyone.

Well done to your good lady, I've settled into a comfortable but much slower version of the diet - eggs for breakfast at the weekend, juices and soups during the days and a light evening meal. Losing a few pounds every few days so going in the right direction.

Well done to your good lady, I've settled into a comfortable but much slower version of the diet - eggs for breakfast at the weekend, juices and soups during the days and a light evening meal. Losing a few pounds every few days so going in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with that Kay, Dawn did that for 2-3 months and lost a couple of stone!

Top job mate! :thumbsup:

Having a day off won't hurt after a few weeks of hard work, as long as you don't do it too often and keep making excuses for doing it. Keep motivated and think about how far you've come already if you ever get tempted.

Nothing wrong with that Kay, Dawn did that for 2-3 months and lost a couple of stone!

Yes, would be happy with that. Out of interest, did you discuss it with your doctor? I'm just wondering about the lack of protein in the diet?

Me and the wife-to-be have been on our new regime for a week now.
It's a weight-loss plan devised by our gym.
We are going to the gym every day, with PT once a week.
Our diet is carb free, scrambled eggs or omelette for breakfast, veg soup for the early lunch and salad with fish for second lunch (you have to eat 4 times a day.
Dinner has been stir fry, mince with lettuce wraps or more soup.
She doesn't eat meat but treated myself to a little pork and turkey for next week.
Even no fruit allowed on this diet! So really craving sweet things.
Had a few beers last night as it was my cousins wedding. Had two pints of Doombar and then hit the gin and slimline tonic.
Got 3 more weeks of this to go... Have lost a little weight but now hoping as we get really stuck in a few more pounds will shift. I'm conscious that in the last 9months of having PT my weight has not gone down as fat has been turning to muscle and hence this change.

One thing we've noticed is our food bill has doubled... It's bloody expensive eating healthily!

M
One thing we've noticed is our food bill has doubled... It's bloody expensive eating healthily!

It is but then the amount I've saved on takeaways, sweets etc means it probably balances out.

Aldi is good for cheap fruit and veg and frozen fish, i get salmon and prawns from there both of which are caught not farmed which is what I need on my diet.

It is but then the amount I've saved on takeaways, sweets etc means it probably balances out.

Aldi is good for cheap fruit and veg and frozen fish, i get salmon and prawns from there both of which are caught not farmed which is what I need on my diet.

Good shout. There is one right by school so will try tomorrow. (I'm a Tesco online shopper for my sins!).

Trying to plan where I am going after my carb free month...

Thinking of protein shakes for 1/2 meals a day but read so many different things... Some people swearing by it, others claiming they are nonsense! I'd do meal replacement rather than additional supplement.

Thinking of protein shakes for 1/2 meals a day but read so many different things... Some people swearing by it, others claiming they are nonsense! I'd do meal replacement rather than additional supplement.

I prefer real food to supplements but the carb restrictions with going Paleo can make it tricky.

It's a protein shake, why wouldn't it work?

Good shout. There is one right by school so will try tomorrow. (I'm a Tesco online shopper for my sins!).

Trying to plan where I am going after my carb free month...

The debate on protein shakes has been done on here before. Summary is they are a great way to get protein into your body quickly and effectively, but if you are expecting them to be this "magical drink" that means you'll gain huge amounts of muscle then prepared to be disappointed. As for pre-made protein shakes, I stay away from and just mix powder with water as it is much cheaper and you know what is going to be in it.

Looking forward to a steaming stonker of a curry in Penzance tonight. Keema nan essential along with a few Cobras to help it on its way. I'll probably go without a pud though - in solidarity with you guys.

I've started blending fruit in the evening to have for breakfast the following morning. Combine that with taking up running (50 miles clocked up in September so far) and I should be feeling healthier. I now have a cold and feel like crap. Healthy living is overrated!

Back