• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lincoln shrimper

Source: Lincolnshire Echo (Wed 6th July):

Meanwhile, Alexander has ruled himself out of the running for Sheffield United striker Luke Beckett.

There has been mounting speculation City were on the brink of making an offer for the unsettled 28-year-old, who is currently out-of-favour at Bramall Lane.

Beckett went on loan to League One side Oldham Athletic at the end of last season, during which time he scored six goals in nine starts to help the Lancashire club stave off the threat of relegation.

But Alexander says there is no way he could meet United's asking price.

"Luke Beckett is certainly a player I admire and there's no doubt he would score goals at this level," said the City boss.

"But he's in the £100,000 category and I haven't got that kind of money to spend.

"It's not just the initial transfer fee - it's the wages you have to pay these players. "

I don't think he would have joined them anyway!

I am now convinced that Beckett is the man that we are after. I fear that he will go elsewhere though. Neil Harris is reportedly on £9,000 a week at Forest so he is out of the question. Nathan Tyson would cost £200,000 plus so he too is an unrealistic target.

Given that Leeds are wage-sharing with Boston for Joachim, how about we wage-share with Forest for Harris...?

rock.gif

It's a thought!

Matt

Speculation over its.......................................................................................
........................................................................................LE
S FERDINAND!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ July 07 2005,14:37)]REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST!!!
I've always thought that Sir Les would be a superb signing, the perfect foil for Freddy.

Not sure I buy this story yet, though - we'll wait to hear from Tilly I guess.

Matt

P.S. Although he's older than I thought... 39 in December!

oops.gif

Interesting, very interesting and I like it.

Eastwood/Ferdinand
biggrin.gif
surely that $%&*es all over Stewart/Lita!

I would be dissapointed if it was Ferdy...

A bit too old now to do his name justice I feel.

But thats just my personal opinion.

rock.gif

Am I right in thinking both Ferdinand and Ron Martin fly/travel by helicopter?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 07 2005,16:39)]Anyone will do now, just sign someone for god sake!!!
Hmmm - a little faith goes a long way!

Please people chill - Tilson has never let us down before we should just relax and let the guys get on with it.

If it was August 7th then I start to worry but hey there's loads of time for us to land our man.

Crisis, what crisis!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ July 07 2005,15:13)]Eastwood/Ferdinand  
biggrin.gif
 surely that $%&*es all over Stewart/Lita!
Lets not kid ourselves, whoever we sign Stewart/Lita will be THE strike-pairing in L1 next season....but an Eastwood/Beckett partnership would most certainly be next in line!
wink.gif

At 39 I really think he's too old. We'll get no more than a season out of him. Unless Tilly's looking for a quick fix and biding his time 'till the January window, I'd say Ferdinand is the wrong option...

Back