• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loanee Watch 2021-22

Tendi Quamini grabbed a brace last night as Walthamstow smashed Woodford 4-0. He got the first driving down the left touch line from near the halfway line past two players before cutting in, although he was assisted by a big deflection. His second and Walthamstow’s 4th was a well taken finish.

You can see the goals (and although not Shrimper related check out that run by Osei for their third)

Level 5
Josh Coulson played what is currently slated to be the penultimate match of his loan spell at King’s Lynn, although the parties may choose to extend it. Kings Lynn were at home to high flying Halifax and it didn’t go as expected as Kings Lynn pulled off a shock 2-0 win.

Level 6
Matt Rush was on the bench once more for Chelmsford for their game v Hungerford. He came on in the 65th minute with them 2-0 down. He nearly made a difference but it finished 2-0.

Level 7
Isthmian Prem
Ollie Coker got another start for bottom East Thurrock against mid table Corinthian Casuals. The Casuals took the lead 5 minutes before the break. Five minutes into the second half Thurrock squared things up but with 12 minutes and it all level Oli Coker scored to give them the lead. East Thurrock held on for a very good win and are now only 5 points behind although their -53 goal difference makes it more like 6 points behind.

Southern League Prem South
John White, still looking for his first clean sheet since August, lined up alongside 37 year old captain Scott Arnold at the heart of the Wimborne defence at Beaconsfield. Beaconsfield had a Scott Donnelly in midfield who might have been the ex-Shrimper and a Ryan Hall, who is unlikely to be the ex-Shrimper unless he’s taken up goalkeeping. No clean sheet today but Wimborne’s attack stepped up and helped the strugglers pick up a point in a 2-2 draw

Eren Kinali played for Hendon at Weston-Super-Mare. He had their first effort when he drove at the defence before firing over from a good position but W-S-M were 2-0 up by half-time. Second half didn’t get any better with Weston-Super-Mare ending up 6-0 victors.

Rob Howard and Terrell Egbri were on the bench for Farnborough at Salisbury. Farnborough had a player sent off after half an hour. Egbri came on with 9 minutes remaining as Farnborough sought to get back into the match but they lost 1-0.

Level 8
Great Wakering had all three Southend loanees in their line-up to face Hashtag Utd. Luke Reeve, Jaden Crowhurst and Louie Arrowsmith all played the whole match. Wakering took a72nd minute lead but couldn’t quite hold on as Hashtag scored an 88th minute leveller.

Jimmy Wallace lined up for Witham at Brentwood. Witham were 2-0 at half-time but conceded 3 in 15 minutes early second half on route to a 3-2 defeat.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson was only on the bench for Canvey which is ominous for his future. Canvey won 1-0 with a late goal.

Jon Benton scored early for Aveley when he cut inside and fired into the corner but Stowmarket levelled it up with a free-kick. Benton also hit the woodwork late on as they pushed for a win. However he won it late on

Callum Burkey and Cam Brown were on the bench once more for AFC Sudbury who were at next from bottom Barking. Brown was a half-time sub with Barking 1-0 up, with Burkey coming on 12 minutes later. Despite those subs they couldn’t change the result and it finished 1-0 to Barking.

No Demaray Anyadike for Hullbridge. Anyone know if he’s injured or returned back? A good win for them today and needed after that Barking result.

Level 5
Josh Coulson played what is currently slated to be the penultimate match of his loan spell at King’s Lynn, although the parties may choose to extend it. Kings Lynn were at home to high flying Halifax and it didn’t go as expected as Kings Lynn pulled off a shock 2-0 win.

Level 6
Matt Rush was on the bench once more for Chelmsford for their game v Hungerford. He came on in the 65th minute with them 2-0 down. He nearly made a difference but it finished 2-0.

Level 7
Isthmian Prem
Ollie Coker got another start for bottom East Thurrock against mid table Corinthian Casuals. The Casuals took the lead 5 minutes before the break. Five minutes into the second half Thurrock squared things up but with 12 minutes and it all level Oli Coker scored to give them the lead. East Thurrock held on for a very good win and are now only 5 points behind although their -53 goal difference makes it more like 6 points behind.

Southern League Prem South
John White, still looking for his first clean sheet since August, lined up alongside 37 year old captain Scott Arnold at the heart of the Wimborne defence at Beaconsfield. Beaconsfield had a Scott Donnelly in midfield who might have been the ex-Shrimper and a Ryan Hall, who is unlikely to be the ex-Shrimper unless he’s taken up goalkeeping. No clean sheet today but Wimborne’s attack stepped up and helped the strugglers pick up a point in a 2-2 draw

Eren Kinali played for Hendon at Weston-Super-Mare. He had their first effort when he drove at the defence before firing over from a good position but W-S-M were 2-0 up by half-time. Second half didn’t get any better with Weston-Super-Mare ending up 6-0 victors.

Rob Howard and Terrell Egbri were on the bench for Farnborough at Salisbury. Farnborough had a player sent off after half an hour. Egbri came on with 9 minutes remaining as Farnborough sought to get back into the match but they lost 1-0.

Level 8
Great Wakering had all three Southend loanees in their line-up to face Hashtag Utd. Luke Reeve, Jaden Crowhurst and Louie Arrowsmith all played the whole match. Wakering took a72nd minute lead but couldn’t quite hold on as Hashtag scored an 88th minute leveller.

Jimmy Wallace lined up for Witham at Brentwood. Witham were 2-0 at half-time but conceded 3 in 15 minutes early second half on route to a 3-2 defeat.

Miles Mitchell-Nelson was only on the bench for Canvey which is ominous for his future. Canvey won 1-0 with a late goal.

Jon Benton scored early for Aveley when he cut inside and fired into the corner but Stowmarket levelled it up with a free-kick. Benton also hit the woodwork late on as they pushed for a win. However he won it late on

Callum Burkey and Cam Brown were on the bench once more for AFC Sudbury who were at next from bottom Barking. Brown was a half-time sub with Barking 1-0 up, with Burkey coming on 12 minutes later. Despite those subs they couldn’t change the result and it finished 1-0 to Barking.

No Demaray Anyadike for Hullbridge. Anyone know if he’s injured or returned back? A good win for them today and needed after that Barking result.
The Beaconsfield Scott Donnelly is the one who had a loan spell with us in 2012. Will try to do some digging on Anyadike, but I suspect he is injured as he was doing well at Hullbridge and I’ve not heard anything about him returning in the same way as Brian Garzon and Tayo Adedoja.

1F4090D3-267C-4C41-BDFE-3D85C136E71F.jpeg

Part of the East Thurrock match report on yesterdays game:

"Just before half time, both Miles and Ashman had efforts blocked on the line and then Coker struck the post with a 20-yard strike.

Five minutes into the second period, the Rocks deservedly equalised. Olly Spooner flicked the ball to Miles who was a constant thorn in the side of the home defence, rifled the ball into the corner of the net.

The Rocks then really dominated play with some good football. First Miles headed onto Ashman who somehow shot over and then Ryan Dear fired wide from Ashman’s corner.
Hope then stabbed his effort wide after Miles headed a cross back across the face of the goal. The Rocks got what turned out to be the winner. Miles was fouled on the edge of the penalty box and Coker struck home an absolute screamer, giving Agboola in the home goal no chance."

There was an article in The Echo a little while back that said every U23 player is out on loan. I've never known that to be the case. It sounds like common sense, but I don't think there's been that kind of effort put in before.

Potentially playing competitive football on a weekend, U23 games in the week, picking up training sessions to fill in the gaps if you're at a part-time club. Fantastic.

I want every player who comes through the academy to play for us. But in particular I'm wondering if next season Coker, who has already played for the first team, and Benton will be on the fringes.

There was an article in The Echo a little while back that said every U23 player is out on loan. I've never known that to be the case. It sounds like common sense, but I don't think there's been that kind of effort put in before.

Potentially playing competitive football on a weekend, U23 games in the week, picking up training sessions to fill in the gaps if you're at a part-time club. Fantastic.

I want every player who comes through the academy to play for us. But in particular I'm wondering if next season Coker, who has already played for the first team, and Benton will be on the fringes.
Benton is an interesting one. I have now seen him 3 times, once for East Thurrock and twice for Aveley. Although he did nothing wrong in any of those games he didn't seem, to me, outstanding. I'm not sure of his age but possibly he would be worth keeping and perhaps trying to get a gig for him at a higher level next season.

To give this some context, I am no judge when it comes to younger players. I am constantly reminded by friends that I once claimed that Michael Klaas would one day be playing in the Premier League.

Benton is an interesting one. I have now seen him 3 times, once for East Thurrock and twice for Aveley. Although he did nothing wrong in any of those games he didn't seem, to me, outstanding. I'm not sure of his age but possibly he would be worth keeping and perhaps trying to get a gig for him at a higher level next season.

To give this some context, I am no judge when it comes to younger players. I am constantly reminded by friends that I once claimed that Michael Klaas would one day be playing in the Premier League.
We can all get carried away from time to time. I said to my friends I think Yearwood will play in the Premier League. I'm still waiting on that one.

For what it's worth I thought Klass would do more for us than he ended up doing. I saw him play twice. He had good size, made tidy passes.

I’m sure Benton is gone.

They’re scrapping the u23s which means players need to be in the first team squad. Gard is and Benton isn’t. He’s never made a bench, even when we were desperate for midfielders. They weren’t even interested in giving him a sub spot after he did well at Aveley and sent him back there for a second time.

Oli Coker is a tougher one to call. This spell at Thurrock may determine whether he gets offered a pro deal. I think Tommy Davis probably gets offered a pro deal as he seemed to be able to hack it in the division below us, maybe Jimmy Wallace who did ok at Bishop’s Stortford - although maybe they don’t want two centre-halves. I’m also not sure if either is the style of centre-half we’re after. That’s going to be more of a factor. The u23s looked more for players who could make it in pro-football whereas if they’re going to be first team squad it’s more a case of can they make it in our set-up.

I believe that our team of coaches have said that they want to work with a squad of around 25. When we start thinking about cover for the various positions, and options for formation changes, this isn't a high figure and won't leave too much room for players on the borderline.

I believe that our team of coaches have said that they want to work with a squad of around 25. When we start thinking about cover for the various positions, and options for formation changes, this isn't a high figure and won't leave too much room for players on the borderline.

Potential squad by positions (24 players):

2 Goalkeepers
4 Full-backs / Wing-backs
5 Central defenders
5 Central midfielders
4 Wingers / Attacking Midfielders
4 Strikers

Can easily play any formation with that squad, plus 2 rotation/back-up players for when injuries, suspensions, international call-ups (lol), and tactical changes require it.

I'd like to see Coker, Benton and Davis given a chance, however Davis might be the only realistic one. Benton has scored a lot of goals 3 (?) levels below our current first team, so that might be a jump too high.

I’m sure Benton is gone.

They’re scrapping the u23s which means players need to be in the first team squad. Gard is and Benton isn’t. He’s never made a bench, even when we were desperate for midfielders. They weren’t even interested in giving him a sub spot after he did well at Aveley and sent him back there for a second time.

Oli Coker is a tougher one to call. This spell at Thurrock may determine whether he gets offered a pro deal. I think Tommy Davis probably gets offered a pro deal as he seemed to be able to hack it in the division below us, maybe Jimmy Wallace who did ok at Bishop’s Stortford - although maybe they don’t want two centre-halves. I’m also not sure if either is the style of centre-half we’re after. That’s going to be more of a factor. The u23s looked more for players who could make it in pro-football whereas if they’re going to be first team squad it’s more a case of can they make it in our set-up.
If Wallace was left footed it would probably help him out.

I didn't know we WERE scrapping the U23's. I've read on here from Stan that he wants to run a 'B' team but the decision falls on Tom to green light it. It makes more sense now why someone like O'Shane Stewart was released in January [thought it kind of odd for a youth player to be let go then] and why every U23 is out on loan, last chance saloon.

Any idea what happened to Demaray Anyadike seemed to make a good start for Hullbridge but not near their team recently?

Terrell Egbri and Rob Howard are in Hampshire Senior Cup final action for Farnbrough against Eastleigh. You can watch it live here

Ollie Coker got the start for a resurgent East Thurrock seeking to pull off their own Great Escape.

John White’s Wimborne are also in action.

Reactions: RHB
Oli Coker has gone off on 41 minutes. I’m going to guess that’s an injury. East Thurrock are 1-0 up v Potters Bar.

The half-time show in the Hampshire Senior Cup is hilarious. There’s some random Yank mispronouncing all the place names and asking about soccer presenting it.

Farnborough win on penalties after a dramatic and highly enjoyable end-to-end final 15 minutes saw Farnborough double their lead and then fall apart conceding a penalty and then conceding from a free kick in a matter of minutes.

Rob Howard was booked in injury time for a rash challenge.

Terrell Egbri gave a very Terrell Egbri performance full of effort and stretching Eastleigh without offering an end product.

East Thurrock won 1-0. Hope Oli Coker is ok. They are now just 3 points from safety.

Tendi Quamini’s Walthamstow clinched the Essex Senior League title when Stansted lost to Redbridge.

John White’s Wimborne didn’t quite clinch relegation as they lost 1-0 to Salisbury.

Reactions: RHB
Back