• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lockdown projects.

I wanted to create my bbq area with a brick built bbq but struggling to get hold of the slabs and materials I need.

Painted most of the garage interior, raised flower beds and fences but run out of both paints now. Had a big de-clutter on tools and Kev's sorted out all his tool and garage paraphernalia into the tool cabinet I bought him when we moved. Garage is now nearly sorted. Lined one of the flower beds but run out of staples. Need a DIY store open!

The Range has a lot of gardening stuff. If anyone wants that, or decorating stuff. It's about the only store still open that you can walk in and purchase that sort of thing. Although the staff are rebelling, so don't know if it will stay open during lockdown. Poundland(Still open) has limited stock of DIY and garden stuff, obviously because of their price range. Sorry OBL, I don't think either have the flower/garden staples.

The Range has a lot of gardening stuff. If anyone wants that, or decorating stuff. It's about the only store still open that you can walk in and purchase that sort of thing. Although the staff are rebelling, so don't know if it will stay open during lockdown. Poundland(Still open) has limited stock of DIY and garden stuff, obviously because of their price range. Sorry OBL, I don't think either have the flower/garden staples.

Will have a look online - it's not our stapler to be honest, one we borrowed. Anyone know of any garden centres delivering top soil?

Will have a look online - it's not our stapler to be honest, one we borrowed. Anyone know of any garden centres delivering top soil?
Try Potash (01702201120) or Riverside (01702201100) for the smaller bags. If they’ve got them in stock they’ll deliver.
Four Acres usually have the big builders bags but they aren’t delivering to my knowledge. May be able to collect from the front if in stock.

I decided on Friday that the outside bit of our weather station ned a bit of tlc as it hasn't been cleaned since we bought it 10 years ago (in a Maplin sale). Change the batteries? yeah, clean it? nah. So there was a fair bit to clean up. Carefully got it down and removed spider's webs galore and good deal of bird **** that had accumulated. Changed the batteries and then back up the pole. Checked the base station, no outside data at all. Checked all the wiring into the remote, all ok. Changed the batteries in the base station still **** all. So I've broken my golden rule of 'if it ain't broke.......'
Invested in a new 5 in 1 Bresser new unit. Absolutely brilliant piece of kit, complete with an instruction booklet that is readable and in queens English and not an exrernal wire in sight.

Started re-grouting round the tiles in the bathroom. Now we've got another 3 weeks min of this, will probably do about 5 tiles per day!.

Try Potash (01702201120) or Riverside (01702201100) for the smaller bags. If they’ve got them in stock they’ll deliver.
Four Acres usually have the big builders bags but they aren’t delivering to my knowledge. May be able to collect from the front if in stock.
Just tried Riverside - that's the same phone number for both and Riverside aren't delivering as far as Thundersley, which is where we are.

Alton's don't seem to be answering their phones - anyone know of any other places nearer to us that may be open?

Edit - Managed to get a click and collect order with View on the Old A130 near Rettendon.

Last edited:
I think I am going to spend some time cleaning our window frames, particularly the ones in the bathrooms. That's going to be a fun job.
No one was more surprised that me and her when not only our window cleaner but also his brother (also a window cleaner) turned up and one did the front and side of our house and one did the back, maintaining the required space. I paid the front of house man out of the window using a pair of kitchen tongs. There some weird stuff going on at the moment.

Getting the garden cut back and cleared and new fence panels in down the LHS side and the back. Need 10 6 x 6 in total! Currently 15 RM sacks full and some other big branches on top! Think I'll be needing a skip at this rate! Mrs T wants the back of the garden sorted, so either going to do it cheap with some slabs, or maybe some raised decking (if anyone has any good contacts for this, give me a PM!) and she evens a hot tub! She doesnt want much ?

Getting the garden cut back and cleared and new fence panels in down the LHS side and the back. Need 10 6 x 6 in total! Currently 15 RM sacks full and some other big branches on top! Think I'll be needing a skip at this rate! Mrs T wants the back of the garden sorted, so either going to do it cheap with some slabs, or maybe some raised decking (if anyone has any good contacts for this, give me a PM!) and she evens a hot tub! She doesnt want much ?

@Cricko is the man to get that sorted for you, check out post 255 below for decking done for a fellow zone member.

No one was more surprised that me and her when not only our window cleaner but also his brother (also a window cleaner) turned up and one did the front and side of our house and one did the back, maintaining the required space. I paid the front of house man out of the window using a pair of kitchen tongs. There some weird stuff going on at the moment.

Our window cleaner did ours the other day. We pay him online so I don’t have to have any contact with him. Just a thumbs up through the window and unlock the side gate.

Garden fences all painted, small raised bed filled with compost, camellia duly planted and other things in pots waiting for the compost for the big raised bed. It's coming along.

Our window cleaner did ours the other day. We pay him online so I don’t have to have any contact with him. Just a thumbs up through the window and unlock the side gate.
As I’m WFH there is an extra bike in the garage. The window cleaner managed to walk into it, and it fell on my sons mint MX5 and scratched it.
On the positive side he told us via text that evening as he was too scared ( his words) to tell my wife- which I found amusing ( and totally reasonable).

As the tittle suggests.....finding a few old gems in here! I don’t remember this game as I would of been 8 years old, but

Attachments

• 42CFD50A-8CDF-4805-857B-5519B1BD731E.jpeg
    42CFD50A-8CDF-4805-857B-5519B1BD731E.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 17
  • A566C90B-7768-4408-B957-A7CFEA442CD1.jpeg
    A566C90B-7768-4408-B957-A7CFEA442CD1.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 798D8B2F-CC59-40DC-966C-26CB9F689A69.jpeg
    798D8B2F-CC59-40DC-966C-26CB9F689A69.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 12
Back