• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And only recruiters that aren’t at your current firm. Although I wonder if the sneaky ones get around that or talk between themselves

I signed up with a niche tech recruiter.

Anyone who logged in from my firms HR department wouldn't see me.

The rep who demoed the service (to my boss and some of the senior members of my team whilst I was on holiday) could. When the relevant skills were entered my name was the first up including how much money I was looking for...

When I got back I was asked why I was looking for a job and told half the team had asked for more money as well.

Soffits, Facias & Guttering

We’re looking to get the above done on our house. Can anyone recommend someone in the Leigh-on-Sea area? Or any expert tradesmen on SZ who would like to quote me on the work?

Thanks

We’re looking to get the above done on our house. Can anyone recommend someone in the Leigh-on-Sea area? Or any expert tradesmen on SZ who would like to quote me on the work?

Thanks
Hi mate, we used Smiths Glass. The work was excellent as were the fitters and price. The one downside was that we needed scaffolding and it took the best part of a month after they finished to remove the stuff. It might be worth dropping @Cricko a PM to see if he is interested.

Thanks
I live in leigh and can sort it all out for you. . Send me a PM and we can meet up and discuss the project.

So it's 30 °c and today is radiators extraction day followed by the new gear going in courtsey of @Cricko Inc. Dave the plumber did an absolutely great job, gutting the old stuff and installing the new. He started off in T shirt and shorts but it wasn't long before the shirt was abandoned and the shorts were a bit soggy and our Dave was a glistening god with a spanner in his hand. A little under 3 hours to do everything and then off he went to cool down. I would highly recommend Cricko Inc if you need some work done. A quick service, quality products and people and a good price. The icing on the cake was the traveller's van which had the old rads away before the new ones were finished. Thanks John.

New bathroom, new kitchen,a few walls moved, new doors etc! All done, clean fast and friendly by Cricko & his team.
I have moved, refurbed, extended 5 properties now with various teams of builders/workers and this was by far the easiest set to work with.
100% recommendation from me.

Thank you @Massimo Giovanni, just to add. +New electrics, new heating /water system and new flooring throughout etc etc.:Smile::Smile2:

It was a pleasure to work with yourself your good lady and of course your daughter in achieving all and more from our original discussion.

John.

Thanks to Cricko and his team for doing a fantastic job in installing the decking in our back garden to replace our ageing and very uneven patio.
Really pleased with how the area around the fishponds turned out.

pond 1.jpgpond 2.jpgdecking 1.jpgdecking 2.jpg

Thanks Paul @Beaver. It was a pleasure for us to do, we like something that makes us think a little at times and the pond areas were just that.

So pleased you are of course happy with it all and that is the way we work. We loved the finished job and customer satisfaction is paramount in all we do. The Rain was a pain at times, but doing it now gives you the whole summer to enjoy it.

Oh you forgot how this all started with 3 doors to hang.. :Smile:

John.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago fed up with our driveway continually flooding I posted a request on social media for any help in sorting the problem out. Lo and behold Cricko replied and very quickly we met up and arranged a start date. Despite the current issues his team have done a great job and although no rain is forecast for a while I am sure he has fixed the problem. His lads worked really hard and John pointed a lot and drunk tea.

A few weeks ago fed up with our driveway continually flooding I posted a request on social media for any help in sorting the problem out. Lo and behold Cricko replied and very quickly we met up and arranged a start date. Despite the current issues his team have done a great job and although no rain is forecast for a while I am sure he has fixed the problem. His lads worked really hard and John pointed a lot and drunk tea.

Thanks Nick, believe me I never stop when i am not in front of you. These things don't happen by magic you know. It is not always that way and I have some great guys who work for me, ?

Thanks very much for the kind words and we are all very pleased you like the finished product even in such testing times.

Last edited:
I know it's a long shot but Dave Morley's a connection and he posted this a few weeks ago

To all my connections and recruiters out there, I’m currently looking for employment in the power plant industry or similar efw, ccgt, bio etc due to fiddlers ferry Power station closure on the 31st march. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. hashtag#jobs hashtag#powerplant hashtag#powerstation hashtag#efw hashtag#recruitment hashtag#employment hashtag#recruiting

let me know if anyone knows anything

I was emailed about a Lead Systems Engineer in Basildon, which obviously is no use to me. PM me if you want the link.

Back