• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agreed. Incidentally, here was a character in '30 Rock' called 'Floyd T Barber' - I'm not sure how many of the viewers got that joke, but it made me chuckle.

Nice, I've never watched 30 Rock though. The bearded dragon I used to have was called Floyd, but that was actually after Floyd from True Romance!

Genesis could have gone on forever and it wouldn't have been long enough.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

I can't believe I missed this gem.

Completely agree, that said though post 1980 "Genesis" wasn't that good an album, the singles aside. In my eyes their career ended once they got "We Can't Dance" out the way though. "Trick of the Tail" was a masterpiece, "Ripples" probably being my favourite Genesis song as well.

For the record, anyone who looks on Phil Collins as a novelty act is a prick.

Back