• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

loving feeling

I just don't thing a club song is something that can be decided by commitee. It has to be something that evolves naturally.

Apparently Stoke City sing Delilah (hearing them singing that at the old ground was amazing) after it was played on a jukebox of a London pub before a game they were playing at Wembley. A big group of Stoke fans started to join in and it started to grow from there.

Drawing up shortlists or having a vote in the program or on a webste just isn't going to work in the same way I'm afraid.

I just don't thing a club song is something that can be decided by commitee. It has to be something that evolves naturally.

Apparently Stoke City sing Delilah (hearing them singing that at the old ground was amazing) after it was played on a jukebox of a London pub before a game they were playing at Wembley. A big group of Stoke fans started to join in and it started to grow from there.

Drawing up shortlists or having a vote in the program or on a webste just isn't going to work in the same way I'm afraid.

Agree entirely. Post your suggestions up here and then try and start them at a game. If they are any good they'll eventually catch on.

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
get out my mind, my love for you is way out of line, you'd better run girl, you're much too young girl la la la la......

sadly I agree with jonny stokes, our song should be 'Blue' a song sung about Southend by a Southend fan it cant be anymore relevent to us. We need to get this song going so it becomes a club song which we can all turn to.

I agree, you can't force a song but you can suggest them. The whole point of this was to get people thinking of something different. It's easy to criticise but much more difficult to come up with an alternative.

Yes it would be great to have a spontaneous song and it may still happen; but what's wrong with experimenting?

Lighten up!

We'd better get to Wemberley in May then

no one likes my song :cry:

Just had a read of it and am still breathless . Not just a song more a movie ! This needs to be carefully orchestrated and practised for an hour or so by the faithful - maybe everyone could pop along a bit earlier on Saturday to learn their part and make sure they stand up at the right time .

It will be worth it as the drama will certainly leave travelling fans in awe .

Are you going to conduct, Girthy ??

Just had a read of it and am still breathless . Not just a song more a movie ! This needs to be carefully orchestrated and practised for an hour or so by the faithful - maybe everyone could pop along a bit earlier on Saturday to learn their part and make sure they stand up at the right time .

It will be worth it as the drama will certainly leave travelling fans in awe .

Are you going to conduct, Girthy ??

conduct, no dont be silly.

i will be the one dressed in a straw skirt, with coconuts of my nipples for a bra playing a recorder, while dancing along the front of the west stand.

i reckon it would work in a panto tho lol

OK, I'm ready to be shot down in flames or told someone else sings this but....
Bridge Over Troubled Water - with a few tweeks.

"When you're weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes, we will dry them all;
We're on your side, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
We will fill the ground
Like a bridge over troubled water
We will fill the ground"

Too daft? :o I know the last bit doesn't make sense but it rhymes!

Agree with the song, but without the tweaks.

The last two (original) lines pretty much sums up supporting a football club as far as I'm concerned:

"Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down"

which to me says no matter how s**t things get, I will be there for the club.

It's also the right speed (i.e. slow) for a crowd to sing together.

Agree with the song, but without the tweaks.

The last two (original) lines pretty much sums up supporting a football club as far as I'm concerned:

"Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down"

which to me says no matter how s**t things get, I will be there for the club.

It's also the right speed (i.e. slow) for a crowd to sing together.
I agree but I thought it might get more support with the changes. The speed is right, if it's from the heart it would sound awesome.:)

''What's that coming over the hill, is it promotion,is it promotion?''

''What's that coming over the hill,is it a new stadium?''

I hate to say it but the most inspired singing last season was the Col Ewe fans singing something similar to us last season but using the word relegation.

However, I'm not convinced promtion will come over the hill.

One song we actually sing already is Parklife by Blur. Admittedly we only sing the chorus; the verses aren't really something you can easily sing along too except for perhaps a big Parklife shout at the end of each line. But this should definitely be one we should consider as part of our repetoir, and I'm not sure if anyone else sings this.

I've already posted on the poll thread but I've emailed the club to ask them to play a couple of the songs before the game. I'm a Believer and The Lion Sleeps Tonight. If we hear them played really loudly perhaps one of them will inspire us!

I've already posted on the poll thread but I've emailed the club to ask them to play a couple of the songs before the game. I'm a Believer and The Lion Sleeps Tonight. If we hear them played really loudly perhaps one of them will inspire us!

If the club wanted to encourage atmosphere they'd turn off their pre-match music and let fans try and create some atmosphere. Its impossible to compete against the tannoy blaring stuff out.

If the club wanted to encourage atmosphere they'd turn off their pre-match music and let fans try and create some atmosphere. Its impossible to compete against the tannoy blaring stuff out.

Aye, but surely the idea will be to sing along to the song whilst its being played, then when it finishes carry on singing it...

Reply from SUFC

This came back from Brian Wheeler, I don't think he'll mind me posting it here; nothing controversial!

" will try anything but it might be too late to get the songs for tomorrow. I think the Monkeys might be a good one but I am not sure that the players would like to be referred to as Monkeys. Perhaps someone could do a Shrimper version’ hey hey we’re the Shrimpers’ etc and change some of the other words.

Anything is worth a try as the crowd go so quiet when the match starts. Howard the bongo man is back in action on Saturday so that might help and if you know anyone sensible that would like to do the drumming that would be good. We have our own drums but the person would have to sit slightly away from the crowd, probably in the no mans land in the west stand otherwise I am sure someone would complain. The last person we entrusted to do it used the drum as a weapon so that killed the idea.

It’s great that you are all doing your bit to assist with the atmosphere. I try my best before the game but once the whistle goes I am unable to do much else. Tilly is always asking me to get the crowd going during the game but there is not much I can do because of FA rules.

You would be surprised how much the players appreciate it when the crowd gets behind them at home and away-although there aren’t usually any problems with the volume away from home.

I will speak to Ben the DJ to see what he has in his collection.

I have tried ‘Liquidator’ recently which is a good build up tune and I know that West Brom and Chelsea do it but it still works but we need the crowd to join in with eth Southend chant.

What does everyone think of ‘Singing the Blues’ which we tried briefly at the last home game. Once again Ipswich play it but their fans don’t sing it on the terraces only before kick off. I would be interested to find out.

Any feed back much appreciated"

So let's wait and see what happens.

This came back from Brian Wheeler, I don't think he'll mind me posting it here; nothing controversial!

" will try anything but it might be too late to get the songs for tomorrow. I think the Monkeys might be a good one but I am not sure that the players would like to be referred to as Monkeys. Perhaps someone could do a Shrimper version’ hey hey we’re the Shrimpers’ etc and change some of the other words.

Anything is worth a try as the crowd go so quiet when the match starts. Howard the bongo man is back in action on Saturday so that might help and if you know anyone sensible that would like to do the drumming that would be good. We have our own drums but the person would have to sit slightly away from the crowd, probably in the no mans land in the west stand otherwise I am sure someone would complain. The last person we entrusted to do it used the drum as a weapon so that killed the idea.

It’s great that you are all doing your bit to assist with the atmosphere. I try my best before the game but once the whistle goes I am unable to do much else. Tilly is always asking me to get the crowd going during the game but there is not much I can do because of FA rules.

You would be surprised how much the players appreciate it when the crowd gets behind them at home and away-although there aren’t usually any problems with the volume away from home.

I will speak to Ben the DJ to see what he has in his collection.

I have tried ‘Liquidator’ recently which is a good build up tune and I know that West Brom and Chelsea do it but it still works but we need the crowd to join in with eth Southend chant.

What does everyone think of ‘Singing the Blues’ which we tried briefly at the last home game. Once again Ipswich play it but their fans don’t sing it on the terraces only before kick off. I would be interested to find out.

Any feed back much appreciated"

So let's wait and see what happens.

Cheeky Monkey Brian !!!!

having read that -now I really am a believer :D

Sufolk Blue & I think BW has got the wrong song in mind! I've emailed him again with some of the altered lyrics courtsey of Firstorm. Hope he pkays the right one!:thump:

Back