• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White as centre back, no thanks. He's O.K. on the ground, but any big forward will dominate him in the air.

He won't start at CB. O'Neil will be on the bench. When White had to fill in at CB at Luton last season he looked far more comfortable than you would expect.

He won't start at CB. O'Neil will be on the bench. When White had to fill in at CB at Luton last season he looked far more comfortable than you would expect.

John White has probably played more competitive games at CB than all the 21 and younger CBs we have been looking at put together.. for a CB he is quick but not as dominant in the air (probably the best way round in L1). Anyhow it gives us the cover we desperately needed. Can now get the McLaughlin deal over the line next Mon/Tue and we have cover at LB too..

Finally some RB competition!!:happy:

I'm not against the idea of John White at CB, he has the attributes to develop into that role, and I don't particularly rate him at RB. Raises some difficulties for Brown once Bolger is back though.

Interesting one this. Brown has said clearly that anyone who comes in won't start - if he won't start, then by definition surely he's not an emergency? Equally, if he's not starting, why would Burnley send him out - surely they would sooner have him on their bench?

My concern at the moment is that we're only ever linked with players that we've failed to get before. Brown's targets NOW seem to be the same people he was targeting when we were trying to get out of the league below. Surely things should have moved on?

In terms of team selection, and with Bolger out, we clearly have the choice of O'Neill at right back and White in the middle, or White at right back and Prosser playing off the wrong foot. I'm a big Prosser fan, but I don't think he's a flexible player - either play him at left centre half or don't play him. My back 4 for Sat would be O'Neill, White, Prosser, Coker.

Not unhappy we got the lad in but when we are desprate for Centre half cover, and our best striker out injured, we get a right back in, and please dont tell me John White can go to CH.

Not unhappy we got the lad in but when we are desprate for Centre half cover, and our best striker out injured, we get a right back in, and please dont tell me John White can go to CH.

John White can cover CB..

Interesting one this. Brown has said clearly that anyone who comes in won't start - if he won't start, then by definition surely he's not an emergency? Equally, if he's not starting, why would Burnley send him out - surely they would sooner have him on their bench?

My concern at the moment is that we're only ever linked with players that we've failed to get before. Brown's targets NOW seem to be the same people he was targeting when we were trying to get out of the league below. Surely things should have moved on?

In terms of team selection, and with Bolger out, we clearly have the choice of O'Neill at right back and White in the middle, or White at right back and Prosser playing off the wrong foot. I'm a big Prosser fan, but I don't think he's a flexible player - either play him at left centre half or don't play him. My back 4 for Sat would be O'Neill, White, Prosser, Coker.

Its a permanent deal- EL is just to rush it through and enable him to be on the bench tomorrow

Its a permanent deal- EL is just to rush it through and enable him to be on the bench for tomorrow

not sure it will be a permanant deal, it's been said over and over we was getting a defender on loan from a championship club. Think the emergency part is so he can be available for tomorrow. But after that it will be a standard loan deal

not sure it will be a permanant deal, it's been said over and over we was getting a defender on loan from a championship club. Think the emergency part is so he can be available for tomorrow. But after that it will be a standard loan deal

You didn't read post 23......Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982
The deal is initially for O'Neill to be available for tomorrow but there's a permanent move behind it.

Not any more

Bolger is out for two weeks, he only can miss 2/3 games, PB has to pick the right player to play at the back & he have to be careful not to use up the budgets. We know what it's like on FM games, when we run out of budgets to get a striker we needed on loan lol

Not any more

Elaborate ? I know Hunt was training today, but being ready to play is another thing.

Bolger is out for two weeks, he only can miss 2/3 games, PB has to pick the right player to play at the back & he have to be careful not to use up the budgets. We know what it's like on FM games, when we run out of budgets to get a striker we needed on loan lol

Out for at least two weeks. Could be 3 months.

Elaborate ? I know Hunt was training today, but being ready to play is another thing.

Out for at least two weeks. Could be 3 months.

Reliable source, thought it might give you lot the same lift it did me:winking:

Well he was training today so fingers crossed it turns out to be true.

Most reliable sources on here to be total crap though, hope yours is better :smile:

Well he was training today so fingers crossed it turns out to be true.

Most reliable sources on here to be total crap though, hope yours is better :smile:

Yes the same person told me Luke O'Neil would be on the bench before it broke on the zone

Back