• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Delighted that O'Neil is joining, as with OBL, I hope that it will be for slightly longer than last time. What we saw initially was very good, let's hope that he can pick up where he left off. I hope Rigsby is right, we certainly could do with Hunt against the likes of Swindon. Still mystified as to why signing O'Neil has held up the transfer of McLaughlin.........though that appears to possibly be more than a loan.

Interesting one. We were interested in him for quite sometime though, do we know that this is the player being talked about today? Brown said the Bolger replacement would be brought in TOMORROW and that he was talking to 3 championship clubs & a premiership club. Could it be that we'll still get another CB in?

Drastic™;1779591 said:
Interesting one. We were interested in him for quite sometime though, do we know that this is the player being talked about today? Brown said the Bolger replacement would be brought in TOMORROW and that he was talking to 3 championship clubs & a premiership club. Could it be that we'll still get another CB in?

No dont think there will be another one.

Depending on what happens with Bolger Id imagine we would still be looking for another centre half though, but we will have cover for tomorrow now.

Pleased with O'Neill but CB is still a major worry. We don't have a single quick centre-half at the club and we'll certainly need one in the squad at this level or we're going to struggle defensively against a lot of sides.

I've been saying all closed season that we need another central defender and that was presuming that Thompson signed - so even more so given that Thompson seems to be unavailable (and with very little news as to his progress).

And I'll say it again today - we need another central defender. I just hope Brown and or Coughy are reading this. :winking:

I've been saying all closed season that we need another central defender and that was presuming that Thompson signed - so even more so given that Thompson seems to be unavailable (and with very little news as to his progress).

And I'll say it again today - we need another central defender. I just hope Brown and or Coughy are reading this. :winking:

are you thinking what I'm thinking?...

Echo says deal not yet been cleared by FL. Must be formally registered tomorrow to enable LO to be in the squad for game v Swindon

It's not Thompson's first serious shoulder injury so I understand we are being very cagey about any sort of long-term normal contract. I guess if a player is prone to a particular injury it could be felt it might curtail his career viability in the long run..

We have little pace in defence. Is he quick?

Quicker than White, but no, not particularly quick. Decent on the ball but loves conceding penalties. He'll do okay - we didn't really get to see the best of him last season as he had family troubles as well as having to contend with the Liverani circus. He's nowt special though.

Looks like our Media manager isn't too happy about Burnley announcing the move before its done.

Looks like our Media manager isn't too happy about Burnley announcing the move before its done.

Should do his dirty laundry behind closed doors. He's not Mourinho.

He comes across a bit odd in this exchange, surely nothing to be gained from throwing a public hissy fit other than looking like he's trying to impress on people he's normally dictating these things?

Having never seen O'Neill play, I will take the other's opinion on here that he is decent quality BUT it does seem a strange signing if he is an out-and-out right back. If that position is already filled by your captain, who has just signed a new contract, it does not appear to be the most obvious vacancy we need to fill. I have also read that White has covered at centre-back but surely it was COVER only and that is not a long-term option for him. Can't see any obvious way both O'Neill and White will play in same team over long period.

Back