• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maher

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Why was he man on the match?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

God knows, was he really??

He was crap today and needs to go back to basics on free kicks and corners! Trully shocking!

UP THE BLUES!

Ok his corners were poor - but other than that he worked his socks off, he chased down and won everything. It was definatly a close run thing between him and Hunt for man of the match.

I thought Maher had a good game today. OK his set pieces were poor but apart from that a solid performance from the skipper.

Also Prior had a good game today, i though he should have been MOTM.

Finally, any one got any news on Bart?

Maher was poor today, after 10 minutes he did very little constructive, and his set pieces were not poor, they were fu**ing abismal!!!!!!

My MOTM by far and away was Hunt 9/10

I agree, Lewis Hunt was outstanding today! 9/10

My Man Of The Match without a doubt!

UP THE BLUES!!!

Maher must be laughing, no matter how bad he plays he will not get subbed off! When was the last time he was subbed off other than for an injury??

Bentley was shocking today, 2/10

Hunt definetly MOM. Mind you, next week he'll be back in central midfield to cover Bentley (who was very poor) whilst Cheese will move across and Nicky will go back. I'd imagine that will be Tilson's plan. However, i'd much prefer to see Petts in the middle and not disrupt the whole of the team ...

Maher was outstanding today. Okay, his delivery from set pieces was below par but apart from that he was class. He was a well deserved man of the match in my eyes and its not often you get to say that. Hunt ran him a close second though.

Hunt was my MOTM.

How people can pick Maher as a non performer in that game is beyond me. I know they were poor set pieces but he was everywhere today. Always available and closing down players.

Lets forget the last couple of games. The wheels have not yet come off but they are beginning to wobble.

Sometimes I bloody well wonder, I really do. Why is Maher always a scapegoat? Along with Barrett, he was the only one who looked as if he gave a damn. He made several well timed tackles, whilst attempting to drive the team on. He made sure several players knew what he thought of their efforts today as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 15 2005,20:08)]Sometimes I bloody well wonder, I really do. Why is Maher always a scapegoat?
Not always a scapegoat, but he gets in the team no matter how bad or good he plays!

He never gets subbed off even if he's having a shocker!

Barratt should be captain, for one he is more of an organiser, motivator and talker on the pitch! And he is more of a consistent player.

But Maher has it written into his contract that he must be Captain!

Yes i agree, it's time for a change and if that means dropping Maher for a couple of games then so be it! He needs a good kick up the backside!

Would Maher have stood for being dropped for a few games over Christmas like Gray and Eastwood. I doubt it some how!

UP THE BLUES!

But he was easily one of our best players today, that's why I don't quite understand where you're coming from.
rock.gif

What a complete bunch of tw*ts. I'm beginning to wonder whether any of the anti-Kev brigade have ever kicked a football ?

Wouldn't disagree with Hunt as a contender for m-o-m and yes Maher's set pieces were dodgy today but that was a true captain's performance today in just about every way I can think possible.

I know I've bitten again but for the love of our lord Roy McDonough this is getting as bad as rivals.

Not anti Kev at all, just think he needs a kick up the backside!

He takes his (cemented) place in the side for granted!

I did not think he had much of a game today at all! His set plays were crap!

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Jan. 15 2005,21:00)]I did not think he had much of a game today at all!  His set plays were crap!
So just because he didn't deliver well when it came to set pieces, his exceptional workrate and mainly incisive passing gets ignored does it?

To be honest I am a long time Maher fan. He is the hub in the centre that makes the wheel go round. Trouble is he is the only out and out play maker. We need another creative midfielder alongside him. We are not looking for the runs of Gower or presence of Bentley. Their job is fine. we need someone else who can go almost unnoticed and yet his short passing and the breaking up of opposition play are instrumental in our own moves. If it were someone that could take take a few above average corners and free kicks it would help. Don't knock Maher. he has been here years and manfully made the side tick on his Jack Jones. Instead of giving him the bird, get Tilly to find someone who can give him some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back