• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Manager Sacking and Appointment Thread

Bah!, these American owners, what do they know about our game. Oh, hang on a minute, we could be talking about a certain club from South East Essex in a few months time.
Let's hope so! Be nice to have moan up about managerial changes 😄

Lampard now confirmed as interim manager until the end of the season. Great track record previously and a Chelsea legend so all will be well!!
If chelsea can't get nagelsmann or a proven winner now they might aswell give the job to club legend....... the fans can't complain to much given its only on temporary basis. Be Crazy if Chelsea won the champions league with Frank incharge.

Lets see how they go against Wolves and the Real Madrid midweek ,before making any assessment.

Potter, absolutely no chance. Rodgers only did well for one big club, Celtic, when Rangers were in decline. Mickey Mouse would have guided them to the Trophies. Spurs also like Managers with a personality. Rodgers shows none.
Potter would be the perfect choice for Spurs. Less pressure than at Chelsea and will be given more time to impose his style of play, which is great to watch.

Potter would be the perfect choice for Spurs. Less pressure than at Chelsea and will be given more time to impose his style of play, which is great to watch.
What is his style of play? Not sure I have figured it out. At Brighton he did well but look how much better De Zerbi has done. Potter’s teams never seem to pose much goal threat. I think Spurs fans want attacking, exciting football.

They have been targeting Managers with Champions League experience. I don't think doing really well at Brighton, and then having an absolute nightmare at Chelsea is anywhere near what they are looking for. So Potter has no chance.

They have been targeting Managers with Champions League experience. I don't think doing really well at Brighton, and then having an absolute nightmare at Chelsea is anywhere near what they are looking for. So Potter has no chance.
Leicester would be good fit for potter. I actually think someone like brendon Rodgers would do decent job with spurs.

Leicester would be good fit for potter. I actually think someone like brendon Rodgers would do decent job with spurs.
Nope. They are trying to persuade Kane to stay. They will not go for 2nd rate Premiership Managers. Levy and the board are trying to quieten down the moaning fans. Kane will not stay if they appoint Potter or Rodgers.

What is his style of play? Not sure I have figured it out. At Brighton he did well but look how much better De Zerbi has done. Potter’s teams never seem to pose much goal threat. I think Spurs fans want attacking, exciting football.
Brighton played fantastic attacking football under Potter and actually created tons of chances in most games but lacked a striker to finish them off - Maupay the biggest culprit.

This season he strengthened the attack with the likes of Mitoma and Ferguson (from their academy?) and they may yet qualify for Europe.

I agree about De Zerbi although he inherited Potter’s team, whereas Potter inherited a very dour side managed by Hughton and made them a very attractive side to watch.

Nope. They are trying to persuade Kane to stay. They will not go for 2nd rate Premiership Managers. Levy and the board are trying to quieten down the moaning fans. Kane will not stay if they appoint Potter or Rodgers.
Do you know this for a fact?

The likes of Mourinho and Conte - both successful in Europe - underachieved at Spurs and by all accounts weren’t particular popular with Spurs fans either.

Potter is a young upcoming English manager who likes playing attractive, attacking football and I think fans would take to him. Whether the board will go in that direction, who knows, but I’m not surprised he’s being linked.

Brighton played fantastic attacking football under Potter and actually created tons of chances in most games but lacked a striker to finish them off - Maupay the biggest culprit.

This season he strengthened the attack with the likes of Mitoma and Ferguson (from their academy?) and they may yet qualify for Europe.

I agree about De Zerbi although he inherited Potter’s team, whereas Potter inherited a very dour side managed by Hughton and made them a very attractive side to watch.
Hmm not sure Brighton played ‘fantastic attacking football’ under Potter. He undoubtedly improved them. De Zerbi has taken them to another level.

Hmm not sure Brighton played ‘fantastic attacking football’ under Potter. He undoubtedly improved them. De Zerbi has taken them to another level.
Not yet. When Potter left Brighton they were 4th, now they are 7th.

I don't see kane leaving spurs now...... his agent was bit silly to negotiate a contract without a buyout clause. Levy will probably ask for stupid money to and now kane is 30 or going to be this year, top clubs in Europe probably won't pay what spurs will be asking. Kane probably should of forced the issue more when city came calling couple years back.

Bah!, these American owners, what do they know about our game. Oh, hang on a minute, we could be talking about a certain club from South East Essex in a few months time.
God help the club from Donald Trump!!!

I don't see kane leaving spurs now...... his agent was bit silly to negotiate a contract without a buyout clause. Levy will probably ask for stupid money to and now kane is 30 or going to be this year, top clubs in Europe probably won't pay what spurs will be asking. Kane probably should have forced the issue more when city came calling couple years back.
Isn’t his agent his brother?

Not yet. When Potter left Brighton they were 4th, now they are 7th.
They’re much more exciting to watch though. I guess we’ll see, whatever job Potter lands next .. hopefully he’ll be a success. In his time at Chelsea I didn’t see anything that suggests he’s some kind of tactical genius. Good luck to the bloke.

Mick McCarthy and his sidekick Terry Connor have left Blackpool agreeing it wasn’t working for them.

Back