• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I spoke to Mark Gower when he was here in Los Angeles in July, when I told him Freddie was back at SUFC his eyes lit up! Seem interested in what SUFC was up to! - he played well, as a right midfielder, distribution was good and always found himself in an open position, not very mobile but still a class player. You may be able to see some of his work on the Ventura Fusion FC website.(v. Swansea City).

He played on the left most of the time.

must admit, i thought gower was brilliant when he was with us. must remember if he comes back to get a seat in south upper n sit on fasto for the game. :winking:

So... After beating four men and nutmegging the left back, Gower sent over a bad cross. Most put out, Fasto ripped him a new one, Gower told him to **** off, left the club and played in the Premier League.

That's the meat of it.

spot on...

Heard Ldnfatso's Gower story first hand last night.
If this rumour has any truth behind it , then Gower should be afraid......................very afraid

Did you speak to Gower as well?

Otherwise you haven't got a balanced viewpoint.

Did you speak to Gower as well?

Otherwise you haven't got a balanced viewpoint.

That's true.
Happy to hear Gowers side when he returns as player / coach in Jan.......................

No comment!

I hear from a contact that Gower is definately coming back quote from Markie:

"you reach a time in your life when money is mo longer an issue, you have had good experiences and some bad, most of which you take in your stride, however I need to go back to Southend to drive that ******* fasto out of the club, only then can have some closure".

Sorry Steve mate it's been nice knowing you!

DoDtS

Gower was a top draw player for us,Very creative and would be a massive benefit too us again.

Mark Gower was one of the best wide players we have had at the club. He may still do a good job in Division 2 and may well be a potentially good coach. However, if he did return it would probably be another case of people at the top interfering with playing and coaching matters. Managers should be allowed to sign their own people especially when it comes to coaching staff. It is crazy to have people working together who may not be on the same wavelength, it causes unease and confusion. If Sturrock agrees to Gower signing thats fine, if not it could be another Eastwood situation.
At the moment it is all only a rumour anyway!

I hope this isn't true. The last time I saw him play for Swansea, was ages ago when he came on as a sub. He was dead slow, even slower than Leonard. So he didn't run at defenders and cut inside like he used to at Southend, he basically tapped the ball to somebody else, making sure they kept possession. A totally different player.
As for a Coach, there is One out there ready and waiting, that loves Southend, and is the most knowledgeable person on football that I have ever heard.

Paul Clark.

He has apparently bought a house in Upminster and the rumour I've heard is that he might return to the club as a player/coach. Can't disclose the source, but the rumour has come from a Swansea source, not a Southend one. Could happen in January.

Wonder if it's the same Swansea fan who posted this on the Football Forums site this week-

Southend Fans
I am not sure if any Southend fans post but Mark Gower would like to go back to Southend they want him out this Month at Swansea and he have approached Southend offering his services. Southend are a little reluctant stating they have financial problems but he is only after a set wage which the other players are having. Played premier league up until this season although 34 very fit and could easily find a Championship club for more money but that is not what he is after would like to bring coaching into the role.​

Back