• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Nice bit of history.

Martin Dawn plc take over
13th - 28th May
Southend have been taken over by Martin Dawn plc after talks with Vic Jobson according to BBC Essex. John Main is our new chairman. Adams is the new Director of Football Development.

Mr. Main grew up in the East End of London and is a West Ham supporter. He says he is a "football person" and the company have invested in SUFC to make a profit which is expected to come from the redevelopment of Roots Hall. Mr. Main says that the club will not move from Roots Hall until a new stadium is completed and no new planning application has been filed but the site at Boots & Laces is big enough for a new stadium which could be expanded to 25 thousand seats from an initial 12 to 15 thousand. He recognises that the team must do well for them to get into a profitable situation.

John Main has said that he is aware of a certain amount of friction between SUFC and the fans, SUFC and the council, SUFC and everyone really... Mr. Main intends to do something about this.

Mr. Main has said that anyone can ring him at the club and he will get back to them. This sounds very positive but obviously shouldn't be seen as an opportunity to let off steam every time we lose.

The company is based at:
Crescent House,
51, High Street,
BILLERICAY,
Essex
CM12 9AX

Tel: 01277 633888
Fax: 01277 630044
According to their last accounts, posted on 31st March 1997, they made both pre- and post-tax profits of just over £500 000 which suggests that they either have smart accountants or "retained losses of £750 000 from the previous year". (No, I don't understand that last bit myself, I'm just quoting.)
That previous year gave a trading loss of £731 000 but it would appear that it was an exceptionally bad one and that otherwise the company has been doing alright for itself.

It should be noted that Vic Jobson lives next door to the major shareholder in Martin Dawn plc. (Ron Martin, 90% shares). This could just mean that Vic speaks to his neighbours (which is a good thing).

I've just done a commercial credit check on MD Plc :O

Net loss of of 1.7m in 12 months to July 2009, together with negative working capital of over £2m doesn't make overly optimistic reading!

Nice bit of history.

Martin Dawn plc take over
13th - 28th May
Southend have been taken over by Martin Dawn plc after talks with Vic Jobson according to BBC Essex. John Main is our new chairman. Adams is the new Director of Football Development.

Mr. Main grew up in the East End of London and is a West Ham supporter. He says he is a "football person" and the company have invested in SUFC to make a profit which is expected to come from the redevelopment of Roots Hall. Mr. Main says that the club will not move from Roots Hall until a new stadium is completed and no new planning application has been filed but the site at Boots & Laces is big enough for a new stadium which could be expanded to 25 thousand seats from an initial 12 to 15 thousand. He recognises that the team must do well for them to get into a profitable situation.

John Main has said that he is aware of a certain amount of friction between SUFC and the fans, SUFC and the council, SUFC and everyone really... Mr. Main intends to do something about this.

Mr. Main has said that anyone can ring him at the club and he will get back to them. This sounds very positive but obviously shouldn't be seen as an opportunity to let off steam every time we lose.

The company is based at:
Crescent House,
51, High Street,
BILLERICAY,
Essex
CM12 9AX

Tel: 01277 633888
Fax: 01277 630044
According to their last accounts, posted on 31st March 1997, they made both pre- and post-tax profits of just over £500 000 which suggests that they either have smart accountants or "retained losses of £750 000 from the previous year". (No, I don't understand that last bit myself, I'm just quoting.)
That previous year gave a trading loss of £731 000 but it would appear that it was an exceptionally bad one and that otherwise the company has been doing alright for itself.

It should be noted that Vic Jobson lives next door to the major shareholder in Martin Dawn plc. (Ron Martin, 90% shares). This could just mean that Vic speaks to his neighbours (which is a good thing).

but there is 6.2M of Tangible Fixed assets 1.4M of WIP and 4.2M of Debtors so they do have a bit to fall back on although they do have liabilities of 7.7M (5.4M is bank loans though)

I have to say I found Mr Main a very nice chap.

Gave me and a mate a lift home from Canvey one year, after we missed the last bus off the bloody place.

John Main was a very nice chap and must be one of the very few Chairman where there has been a protest to keep him as Chairman but he was ruthlessly ousted by the Anti-Christ.

Wonder what John main's take his on the events now at Roots Hall? Could he part of the consortium?

Back