• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry i didnt think SUFC had a reserve side any more, we have a first team squad of 20 players, which does mean of that 20 , eleven will be picked each week and 5,6, or 7 will be on the bemch, 3 of which can be called upon at anytime during a game as substitutes, the remainder of the squad have a day off or do other duties should the club ask them ,if its written in their contracts off course.So where do we get this talk of it was our RESERVE side.

Sorry i didnt think SUFC had a reserve side any more, we have a first team squad of 20 players, which does mean of that 20 , eleven will be picked each week and 5,6, or 7 will be on the bemch, 3 of which can be called upon at anytime during a game as substitutes, the remainder of the squad have a day off or do other duties should the club ask them ,if its written in their contracts off course.So where do we get this talk of it was our RESERVE side.

Because players who dont ever play are held in reserve.

Call them reserve players or 2nd string, it doesnt matter, that wasnt our first team out there.

So saying that Jam MAn if they were picked to play in a league match , we would effectively be playing our reserve team not our first team .

If you play 5 players who have barely played in 2 months then yes you are fielding 2nd string players.

Paul Smith, Reid, Payne and Timlin are not first team players so if you play them all you cant say its our first team, because they wouldnt be our first choice.

Danburyshrimper......with respects to you, will you please stop being positive on this forum, you know its not allowed and you will get slagged off for doing it, joking aside you are spot on with your comments, both sides made changes and Daggers won the CUP game.....if it was a league game I would be more upset but it wasn't, so I will reserve any bad comments until around end of November/December and see the position then, I can undrstand peoples frustration and anger and they have an opinion on the game/players and Manager and of course the Chairman, lets hope it was just a blimp albeit a bad one and we can get back to winning ways at Burton......keep the faith remember thick and thin and most of us have seen some dross over the years at Roots Hall.
Naughty step for you....how dare you be sensible on here

Back